Sign in to follow this  
stewfil

Neil Etheridge

Can’t say I’ve really noticed him but funnily enough someone mentioned to me only the other day that he was a really good keeper who Norwich would be wise to keep an eye on this summer, so funny to see your post. I do think Krul will be our number 1 next season though, and he’s earned that, but of course we will need another good keeper signed in the summer.

I was discussing him also. I have seen him a good few times and he looks decent at that level. But let's remember..Tim Krul was once voted third best keeper in the Prem at Newcastle.

If we are going to sign another keeper why give McGovern a new contract? Quality keepers are not going to sign to sit on the bench and it is unlikely that Krul will be relegated to that role. Making McGovern third choice blocks the progression of young Oxborough. I don't see us signing another keeper.

Cardiff will only sell Etheridge for a big fee and as he isn’t great with the ball at his feet I don’t think Norwich would want to spend big on him. 

14 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

If we are going to sign another keeper why give McGovern a new contract? Quality keepers are not going to sign to sit on the bench and it is unlikely that Krul will be relegated to that role. Making McGovern third choice blocks the progression of young Oxborough. I don't see us signing another keeper.

If Norwich want Oxborough to progress he needs to play games, which means going out on loan, which means Norwich need another keeper for cover. Although I’m not sure he is rated that highly as he couldn’t oust McGovern from his regular spot on the bench despite the homegrown benefit.

McGovern is seen as a positive dressing room influence so the club want him around, but he’ll be in the Robert Green ‘tea drinking role’ next season. Third choice goalies are usually old pros who don’t make a fuss but can help others with their experience and with coaching.  

I’m 99% sure Norwich will sign a keeper and much less certain Krul will be the first choice.

Norwich wanted Henderson last summer and I suspect they will want him again this summer. 

1 hour ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Cardiff will only sell Etheridge for a big fee and as he isn’t great with the ball at his feet I don’t think Norwich would want to spend big on him. 

If Norwich want Oxborough to progress he needs to play games, which means going out on loan, which means Norwich need another keeper for cover. Although I’m not sure he is rated that highly as he couldn’t oust McGovern from his regular spot on the bench despite the homegrown benefit.

McGovern is seen as a positive dressing room influence so the club want him around, but he’ll be in the Robert Green ‘tea drinking role’ next season. Third choice goalies are usually old pros who don’t make a fuss but can help others with their experience and with coaching.  

I’m 99% sure Norwich will sign a keeper and much less certain Krul will be the first choice.

Norwich wanted Henderson last summer and I suspect they will want him again this summer. 

You've completely nailed it regarding McGovern and Oxborough, but regarding Henderson, would we have a chance? I'm sure Sheff Utd would match what we could offer and he'd probably want to stay at a club where he's already number one, comfortable and established.