Team vs Blackburn

Krul

Aarons, Zimm, Godfrey, Lewis

Lietner,

Buendia, Vrancic, Stiepermann, Hernandez

Pukki

Not necessarily in that formation, just my starting XI

• Like 1

Bringing Tettey in would be unwise having not played of late...  

Godfrey has moved up significant levels and would be ideal holding with Klose stepping into the defensive role.   We need better movement in those middle two positions to create space and help our defenders break Blackburn's press.     Godfrey and Leitner with Vrancic, Buendia and Hernandez / or Stieperman behind the goal machine.   

OTBC today's the day!  

To make sure we have as much possession as possible and wear the opposition out then bring on Hernandez later in the game for added pace. 

Krul

Aarons  Zimmermann  Godfrey  Lewis

Lietner McLean

Buendia  Stiepermann Vrancic

Pukki

Edited by lake district canary

That's a talented midfield Daz and if we're chasing the game it might well happen. Just think it's too lightweight and no ball winners in there. My preference would be Tettey for Leitner but DF will know more about AT's fitness. It might need a bit of juggling for the homegrown rule in which case we could see Thompson at least on the bench and AT not involved at all.

Sounded to me from Farke's presser, that he's considering one of Thompson or Tettey but is concerned about their lack of playing time since injuries, I'd still expect one of them to get the nod however.

33 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

Krul

Lietner,

Pukki

I’d be happy with that.

i thought Hernandez was poor on Mon, personally I’d like to see Rhodes come in for him and put Steipermann on the left side....prob not the game to experiment though 😂

1 minute ago, Indy_Bones said:

Sounded to me from Farke's presser, that he's considering one of Thompson or Tettey but is concerned about their lack of playing time since injuries, I'd still expect one of them to get the nod however.

Didn't he rule Louis out? Seemed worried about Alex's match fitness too.

Suspect it'll be LDC's team - except pretty sure Onel will start with Mario to come on late second half.

Krul

aarons  Zimmerman  Godfrey  Lewis 

tettey  leitner

buendia  Stiepermann  Hernández 

pukki

would like to see this as Leitner and Tettey formed a great partnership in the first half of the season but think Farke will pick McLean over Leitner. If he does then pick Tettey to play with McLean, it’ll be put a lot of pressure on him to see a lot of the ball and pass it around, not playing to his strengths

This just goes to show how key Trybull, or a player similar to Trybull is to the way we play. Tommy takes a lot of balls off our 2 CH's often in very tight positions. Tettey is good at the dirty disruptive work but I'm not sure I would want him taking those types of passes tbh with so little recent match practice.  Leitner can. It's a tough one for Farke but the only change to the line up will be who comes in for Trybull. Can't see McLean being dropped.

-----------Krul

Aarons Zimmermann Klose Lewis

-------Godfrey Vrancic

Buendia Stiepermann Hernandez

------------Pukki

I'm not one of those who thinks that Godfrey is primarily a DM because Paul Hurst and whoever managed him at York played him there but given our options I think it's the smartest move to push him higher. We need a DM, Klose has some minutes in the tank and is experienced enough to slot in seamlessly. Tettey always takes a game or two to get up to speed, so does Leitner and Thompson has been out too long.

Vranic has to start as well. McLean hasn't been poor but it would so unfair if after his impact he didn't get one. 

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann

2 hours ago, Daz Sparks said:

Krul

Lietner,

Pukki

Why would you drop McClean ?

3 hours ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

-----------Krul

Aarons Zimmermann Klose Lewis

-------Godfrey Vrancic

Buendia Stiepermann Hernandez

------------Pukki

I'm not one of those who thinks that Godfrey is primarily a DM because Paul Hurst and whoever managed him at York played him there but given our options I think it's the smartest move to push him higher. We need a DM, Klose has some minutes in the tank and is experienced enough to slot in seamlessly. Tettey always takes a game or two to get up to speed, so does Leitner and Thompson has been out too long.

Vranic has to start as well. McLean hasn't been poor but it would so unfair if after his impact he didn't get one. 

This is the best team for today but I doubt Farke will change Godfrey position .Any way im for that 11 too

Vrancic in for Trybull would be the obvious change for me