Sign in to follow this  
vlad666

Ciaren Jones

ok guys City arent even promoted yet and we have 3 quick fire gossip rumour transfer threads already, so if you guys persist with these old news stories, cant we this time out have just a single transfer rumour thread to cover all this nonsense?

Just to add my 10 cents, Liverpool were rumoured to be offering 200k for Jones and also 10 mill + for Ben Godfrey.

3 minutes ago, Essjayess said:

ok guys City arent even promoted yet and we have 3 quick fire gossip rumour transfer threads already, so if you guys persist with these old news stories, cant we this time out have just a single transfer rumour thread to cover all this nonsense?

Just to add my 10 cents, Liverpool were rumoured to be offering 200k for Jones and also 10 mill + for Ben Godfrey.

What has promotion got to do with anything? It’s a link to one of our players I’ve not heard of. Maybe others on here are interested in our young players with potential to step up to the first team. Hardly nonsense. 

52 minutes ago, Essjayess said:

Do you need us to contact the police? Obviously a gun must be pointed at your head forcing you to click on all this transfer gossip. 

• Haha 2

I’m not sure why any youngster would move away from a premiership team who are most likely promote you to the squad then move to a mid table team a rot in the reserve’s?

I have a feeling we will see a couple more youngsters promoted up and others actually want to stay, if it clicks I think there will be a few surprises next season, I believe our squad will be OK next year, I even think if we keep all our key players a comfortable 12th is achievable.

...the wider picture here is that the better youth players will want to join our Academy as they see OPPORTUNITY along the way!   

we're getting it right because we have a brave manager and sporting director.

34 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

...the wider picture here is that the better youth players will want to join our Academy as they see OPPORTUNITY along the way!   

we're getting it right because we have a brave manager and sporting director.

Excellent point. There’s a clear pathway to the first team if you’re good enough and that must be an attractive proposition to potential young recruits. 

Yep, totally agree with how attractive a proposition we must be to talented youngsters. I think what’s happened under Farke and Webber can only massively enhance our chances of signing young players whom perhaps a few years ago would have opted for a Chelsea etc. I don’t think I’ve ever been more excited for the future of our club. People laughed at Delia when her and Michael presented their simple sustainable vision for NCFC, but my god, they are getting it right big time thus far! Credit to them both for their part in our honourable resurgence 🏆

• Like 2

How many good young players have been disillusioned by not playing the game and by not being given opportunities. As long as it can be seen that we offer those opportunities talented young players will be happy to join.