Sign in to follow this  
mccanary

Countdown to kick off

Finished work for the week😎. The countdown starts here. Staying in the city tomorrow night to save driving home after although I only live 15 miles out! Starting to get a bit excited and slightly nervous at the same time. 

Off to a gig tonight which will fill a bit of the time.......

What are you lot doing to fill the time til tomorrow evening? 

2 minutes ago, mccanary said:

Finished work for the week😎. The countdown starts here. Staying in the city tomorrow night to save driving home after although I only live 15 miles out! Starting to get a bit excited and slightly nervous at the same time. 

Working, mainly

• Sad 1

Sat at home cooking the evening meal for the family and watching tele in the evening, Liverpool v Huddersfield.  I'll be up bright and early tomorrow, going for a run, before leaving the house around about 9:30 to make my way to the fine City via Milton Keynes.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, mccanary said:

Hoping Storm Hannah doesnt lead to a power cut.

• Haha 2

Collecting a cat today viz new family pet. From Bournemouth because said family obviously fell in love with a cat here that they saw on t’internet not anywhere close to home...😳😉

tomorrow heafing over to Norwich about 1, some friends have scheduled a barbecue before the game, it may end up indoors...

• Like 1

NFL draft is holding my attention so proving quite a good distraction. Especially when the Redskins have killed the first round with their picks. Tonight will be a long haul though with no second rounder after trading it last night. I have loads of marking I should be doing but finding it hard to get motivated to do it, should be a good way to kill the clock tomorrow though until sheff u game

Edited by kick it off

17 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I might Kick Off with Countdown. What time is it on?

Just got back from appearing on the show. Not the same as playing at home with 12 camera's on you and Rachel Riley's skimpy dress

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Collecting a cat today viz new family pet. From Bournemouth because said family obviously fell in love with a cat here that they saw on t’internet not anywhere close to home...😳😉

tomorrow heafing over to Norwich about 1, some friends have scheduled a barbecue before the game, it may end up indoors...

Jeez ICF, from Notts to Hampshire for a cat!  Is he the Teemu Pukki of the feline world?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, daly said:

Just got back from appearing on the show. Not the same as playing at home with 12 camera's on you and Rachel Riley's skimpy dress

Keep us posted for the broadcast date!

Building a new coal bunker (old prefab one falling apart) Uneven site so there's gonna be a lot of cut & fill. Hard work.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Jeez ICF, from Notts to Hampshire for a cat!  Is he the Teemu Pukki of the feline world?

Families eh? The trip has reminded me why I’ve never seen City (yet) play at Bmouth, Soton or Brighton. Maybe next season I’ll make the trek down for one of them, depending which division we (and they) are in!

• Like 1

Working til late looking after a bunch of American veterans over for a reunion. Doing the same tomorrow just a lot hotter as it'll have to be the old 'Norwich shirt under the suit' routine

Stanley Cup playoffs tonight. After San Jose beat Las Vegas 5-4 in overtime after being 0-3 down half way through the final period of regular time in the 7th and deciding game of their playoff series it - a) reminded me how much I enjoy any sport that is played with real passion and - b) anything can happen, so in fact it makes me even more nervous about the game tomorrow night! 

3 hours ago, mccanary said:

What gig you going to?

As for time filling... I'm stuck at flipping work today but tomorrow I think I'll fill the time with... I dunno... booze! 😉

Working nights, which in some ways is good as it means I’ll be asleep most of the morning and early afternoon so less time to worry.. unless Norwich give me nightmares, which is entirely possible! 😳😴

Edited by York Canary

5 hours ago, Surfer said:

Stanley Cup playoffs tonight. After San Jose beat Las Vegas 5-4 in overtime after being 0-3 down half way through the final period of regular time in the 7th and deciding game of their playoff series it - a) reminded me how much I enjoy any sport that is played with real passion and - b) anything can happen, so in fact it makes me even more nervous about the game tomorrow night! 

Lost interest now my Capitals are out. The great 8 deserves to lift the SC again before he retires. Maybe next year.

Should add though, out of the remaining teams I'm pulling for the sharks.

Edited by kick it off

5 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Sat at home cooking the evening meal for the family and watching tele in the evening, Liverpool v Huddersfield.  I'll be up bright and early tomorrow, going for a run, before leaving the house around about 9:30 to make my way to the fine City via Milton Keynes.

Swindon Norwich via Milton Keynes? From Bath I always use the M4, M25. and M11...is your route quicker?

I'm gonna go to the Viking exhibition at the castle tomorrow afternoon to get myself in prime pillaging mood for the evening.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Wroxham Bridge said:

Swindon Norwich via Milton Keynes? From Bath I always use the M4, M25. and M11...is your route quicker?

We do normally, but we are going the easy way as we are not in a hurry.  If you are going to the match beware, the M4 is closed

https://www.bracknellnews.co.uk/news/17598426.m4-bridge-repairs-in-chieveley-means-part-of-motorway-will-be-closed-this-weekend/

Usual routine, up early, check how many days it is until the next Premium Bonds draw, bath, then several hours working in the reptile room because it’s breeding season right now and things are getting busy. After that is the dilemma.... do I go out a few hours early on the wine and end up in some sort of Oliver Reed/Keith Moon type mess by the time City kick off, or do I hold out until the beginning of the Sheff Utd game and just be a moderate mess by the time we kick off? Not sure yet, but I’m sure either way I’ll end up writing something soppy on Facebook and have to delete it in the morning in total and utter embarrassment as usual 🤦🏻‍♂️😂

One things for sure, it won’t only be a party (if promoted) in Norwich. My local boozer down here, I think my enthusiasm and addiction to City has rubbed off as many locals watch the City games and have been following this season with much interest. Last Friday night, after Vrancic produced that beautiful dipping free kick, the place went absolutely nuts. I could not believe the celebrations, the roof came off - it was as if the pub was in Norwich itself! Always nice when your team makes everybody sit up and take notice, the compliments I’ve heard this season far eclipse anything I heard in the Lambert days, and that really is the truth.

Hope everyone has a great night tomorrow folks - and please let Daniel and the players celebrate if we do the business 🙏. That’s not only for them and us, but I want every one of those arrogant (your choice of expletive)’s in Leeds to witness on their stolen televisions the team that really were the Champions of 2018/19 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

We do normally, but we are going the easy way as we are not in a hurry.  If you are going to the match beware, the M4 is closed

https://www.bracknellnews.co.uk/news/17598426.m4-bridge-repairs-in-chieveley-means-part-of-motorway-will-be-closed-this-weekend/

Thanks I didn't realise it was closed, however tomorrow the train is taking the strain as I'm on the 07.43 from Bath

15 minutes ago, glory.win or die. said:

Well that was disappointing. I thought this was a post involving Rachel Riley fighting.

bu-bu-lu-du    bu-bu-lu-du   bu-bu-lu-du    bu-bu-lu-du   BIFF!