Bill

"enjoy watching the sexy football in the first division”.

are the words of a not embittered Mick McCarthy 😉

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/35963/mccarthy-i-hope-fans-that-hounded-me-out-enjoy-the-sexy-football-in-league-one

“I was doing a good job there,” McCarthy, now back in charge of the Republic of Ireland, told Balls.ie when asked about Town’s drop into League One "

capture13.jpg

oh dear

I suspect that won't go down to well with the ever deluded binfolk

The funny thing was that we could all see it - McCarthy had them totally punching above their weight, and should they force him out, it would end in disaster. Never mind!

• Like 1

Shows us fans that we should be careful what we wish for.

i will put my tin hat on when I say it but how close were some of our fan base to getting rid of Farke ?

2 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Shows us fans that we should be careful what we wish for.

i will put my tin hat on when I say it but how close were some of our fan base to getting rid of Farke ?

There was a thread on here earlier this season about Farke and whether we wanted him to stay or not. Personally, I was 100% IN. And to be fair, there were a fair few on here that noticed a bit more zip about our forward play in the first few games, so Farke did have some support, and for me that was very encouraging indeed. Webber said give us a few transfer windows, which some respected, and let’s face it, he’s not let us down at all. Amazing job from them both.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

There was a thread on here earlier this season about Farke and whether we wanted him to stay or not. Personally, I was 100% IN. And to be fair, there were a fair few on here that noticed a bit more zip about our forward play in the first few games, so Farke did have some support, and for me that was very encouraging indeed. Webber said give us a few transfer windows, which some respected, and let’s face it, he’s not let us down at all. Amazing job from them both.

I was with you, however Ipswich probably had our promotion in their own hands, had they defended that equaliser by Leitner better and we would have lost 1 - 0 I still believe that would have been game over for Farke.

It beggars belief that they would still rather Lambert's style of football - whatever that is?....its certainly one that doesnt win football matches ( 2 wins in 28) ....and be relegated to the lower leagues.

Theyre justification being that theyre looking forward to winning matches in league one?. Thats no given, their stance might change once they realise they mightbe stuck down there for eternity

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

20 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

The funny thing was that we could all see it - McCarthy had them totally punching above their weight, and should they force him out, it would end in disaster. Never mind!

His tenure was merely a stay of execution and had he have stayed I doubt they would have finished much above the bottom three

the whole club has been falling apart (literally with the stadium) well before he joined

McCarthy was a decent manager who got that lot into the playoffs after saving them from relegation when he first arrived. But there's always an entitled element in the fan base who are never happy - some even made an appearance on here after our draw on Easter Monday and before Leeds self-destructed later that evening, so they are never far away. 

But time ran out for Mick and support from above was missing so it's Ireland's gain and that lot who lost in the long run. I'd welcome him here to Carrow Road in a heartbeat - as a matchday guest, not as a coach,. We're in a different class altogether these days

7 minutes ago, Well b back said:

I was with you, however Ipswich probably had our promotion in their own hands, had they defended that equaliser by Leitner better and we would have lost 1 - 0 I still believe that would have been game over for Farke.

utterly ridiculous !

the club were fully aware of what need to be done, and was being done - and didn't encompass paying heed to the usual whingers who were (and probably still are) too dim to grasp what was happening

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bill said:

utterly ridiculous !

the club were fully aware of what need to be done, and was being done - and didn't encompass paying heed to the usual whingers who were (and probably still are) too dim to grasp what was happening

This.

It was complete guesswork from some pundits and fans, absolutely nothing to back it up.

I don’t believe for a second that Webber (or anyone at the club) wanted rid of Farke. There was enough in those early performances to show potential and it was always a long term plan. The aim, I’m guessing, was to achieve play offs this season and so after the Ipswich game, although only 5 points on the board, it was far from season over.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

utterly ridiculous !

Blimey short memory syndrome ? With the greatest of respect I would suggest you look at some of your previous posts. Somebody said ‘ will he last until Christmas ‘ your response - no he will be gone by November. At one point you were telling us all this was an experiment with a foreign coach that had gone wrong and the situation could not be retrieved. There were very few of us standing by Farke 100 %.

2 hours ago, Bill said:

utterly ridiculous !

Completely agree. To suggest we'd have sacked Farke for losing 1-0 to Ipsh!t is total nonsense. Especially seeing as though the club stuck with him through a really tough season last time out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

Blimey short memory syndrome ? With the greatest of respect I would suggest you look at some of your previous posts. Somebody said ‘ will he last until Christmas ‘ your response - no he will be gone by November. At one point you were telling us all this was an experiment with a foreign coach that had gone wrong and the situation could not be retrieved. There were very few of us standing by Farke 100 %.

You're correct, but all you're demonstrating is that there was a big section of support who wanted rid of Farke. Had Leitner not struck his peach of a goal at Ipswich, there is little doubt that section of support would have both grown and become more vociferous. However, large numbers of vociferous supporters wanting the coach gone does not get them sacked. Webber and the board would have needed to be convinced and I don't think for one instant they would have sacked Farke had we lost that Ipswich game.

• Thanks 1

Fearing a repeat of the previous season, when Farke's record was worse than Alex Neal's, many of us, including myself, had put a time limit for DF to prove that he was worth his salt as a manager. Not unreasonable it was his first go at the job after all.

In my case it was 15 games into the new league season. After that amount of games we were on a three match unbeaten league run and things were coming together and looking good.

To say that we were on the brink of wanting our manager out should we have lost to ITFC is 'binner' talk.

• Thanks 1

They have announced 7818 season tickets sold on the first day with 400 new gullible twat5 takers signing up.

How does this compare to previous seasons? Can any of the posters who follow this stuff more closely than me put any context on this please?

I am interested to see how quickly this majestic fanfare quickly turns into yet another eggy fart.

4 hours ago, Well b back said:

Do feel free to back up those claims with links to where I said any thing like that

Edited by Bill

1 hour ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

They have announced 7818 season tickets sold on the first day with 400 new gullible twat5 takers signing up.

How does this compare to previous seasons? Can any of the posters who follow this stuff more closely than me put any context on this please?

I am interested to see how quickly this majestic fanfare quickly turns into yet another eggy fart.

From my understanding last years total was just below 10,000 with very few signing after the deadline (just passed).

A more informative figure might be the total at the beginning on the season when the number of those who may have cancelled their automatic renewal etc are factored in.

And bearing in mind their total revenue in 2018/18 was £17m this is rather alarming

" General manager of football operations, Lee O'Neill, said: "We are expecting to lose close on £9m in revenue for next season so it's a balancing act between protecting season ticket revenue and getting the price as low as we can. "

• Thanks 1

There were certainly rumblings early doors, but I was never for changing as could see there was real progress being made from the off - in fact, I still think the first half v WBA was one of our better performances this season.

I think it was after Sheff U away that I got hugely slated by some for suggesting that results weren’t necessarily the be all and end all as you could see we were pretty close to playing well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

There were certainly rumblings early doors, but I was never for changing as could see there was real progress being made from the off - in fact, I still think the first half v WBA was one of our better performances this season.

I think it was after Sheff U away that I got hugely slated by some for suggesting that results weren’t necessarily the be all and end all as you could see we were pretty close to playing well.

Quick BP, cut n paste it to the thread it's meant to be on before anyone reali...oh!

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

'Bring out the Branston........................and tell him he's on the wrong thread' 😉