Sign in to follow this  
Daz Sparks

Champs team of the year.

Slightly confused.....all the fanfare that surrounded the EFL awards a couple of weeks ago and this divisional team is half different?

The PFA award today is obviously voted for by players...who voted for the EFL team??

37 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Slightly confused.....all the fanfare that surrounded the EFL awards a couple of weeks ago and this divisional team is half different?

The PFA award today is obviously voted for by players...who voted for the EFL team??

EFL team was voted for by club managers. 

Nearly, but for me:

--------Henderson

Aarons Basham Jansson Lewis

Buendia Hernandez Norwood 

---Pukki Sharp Adams

Grealish hasn't played enough to be in the team of the year and Buendia has done more over the season than him, I think his all round game is better as well. Randolph plays for the most defensive team in the league so has the easiest job and I think Henderson has had a better season in a more open team, much of their good defensive record is down to him making super saves.

Adams has scored in a much poorer team than Abraham, he also scores better, more individual goals. not much in this but I'd just lean towards Adams.

You have to have one of Sheff Utd's  CB's in there as well. Jansson has impressed me but has Cooper really been that exceptional this year? Not really, no better than Zimmermann from my vantage point. 

Basically too much Leeds and Villa, not enough Sheff Utd or Norwich. I will happily admit Bielsa has worked an absolute miracle with that squad though, but I wouldn't have many of them in my team of the season. 

As I wrote on the comments section of the BBC  "Lewis and Aarons at the back, both from the academy, and Pukki up front, who was signed on a free transfer, say it all about Norwich".  😀