Alex Moss

Your favourite NCFC moment of the season?

Has to be this for me, although there are many. Completely sums up our ‘never say die’ attitude, and even though we never won this particular match, it was a game that exemplified what we have been all about. Remarkable, Jeff!

Edited by Alex Moss
Added link
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Big Timm's dummy in the box for the equaliser in that game has to be one of the moments of the season.

My favourite game was the comeback against Millwall which really had everything; a missed penalty, defensive cockups, sublime passing and great finishing including a screamer from Leitner. I still regularly watch the highlights with a grin - YES IT IS! YES IT IS!

Could we top it on Saturday?

• Like 1

Millions of magic moments on the pitch but I particularly liked Farke's wink at the cameras as Lambert was losing his cool at Carrow Road last derby day.

It emphasised the enormous  gulf in class between the two men.

(The fact that the yoblets at the 'Loo revered their manager for his antics that day says a few things as well... but  I won't go into that as I tend not be into kicking a sick dog.)

Edited by BroadstairsR

Does the club still do season review / summary DVDs? 

I remember them releasing a few late 80s and early 90s but then I didn't really see them anymore.  Needless to say, if the club releases one for this season, it should fly off the shelves.

There are so many, the third against Leeds sticks out as a magic moment that was a bit of a watershed for us. 

The third against forest, farke’s wink, the late winners, the vrancic free kick against sheff weds. Also the flags, gets me every time I see them, it’s something really special and long may it continue.

on a personal level, it has to be going on to the pitch after vrancic had just scored that goal against weds and getting to congratulate him personally. 

Edited by kick it off

Yeah the Forest one for me too. It's turned out to be a vital point, it felt as good as anything else this year and Forest were a complete sh!th0u5e of a team moulded totally in Karanka's image. Was so unbelievably satisfying. 

Running that very close are Millwall, Pukki's third v scum, Vrancic's opener v Leeds and Vrancic's equaliser recently, some of our passsages of play this season have been absolute top class as well. In any other season any one of them would have stood out on top easily.

This has been the best season I've seen following City, I've only been supporting since 2000 but with the ride we've had since then that takes some doing, to beat 2011 especially. 

Best football, most goals, a core of young players leading the way, most likeable group of players, most last second goals, it's the most professionally we've ever been run, Ipswich finally dying, Leeds bottling again etc Just pure perfection. Even a comfy mid table finish next year with some famous wins would struggle to top the pure joy this season has brought. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Making Plans said:

When we score our 3rd goal on Saturday night

This.

Pukki's last minute winner for 4-3 does it for me too. It was around then you could really start to sense that something was 'a-brewing!'

I liked the bit when they made the players have a go in the ticket office.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

I liked the bit when they made the players have a go in the ticket office.

Haha I’d forgot about that, very funny, well remembered! 😂

46 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

10 years unbeaten in the Derby, no trophy but it's a record never likely to be matched, certainly not in my lifetime. 

Good chance it'll be 20 years without even playing another derby game given the state they're in...

Milwall win! That last ditch Pukki goal will be with me for a long time!

The Super Mario Free kick against Wednesday will too ... I really thought that game was lost...then the anticipation for the fk and the execution by Mario , some moment imo

When Ipswich score a late equaliser v sheff utd on Saturday (even in my fantasies Ipswich cant win) leaving us to win league v blackburn..

For now it has to be Millwall..Forest was pretty good too, and not forgetting Bolton. Also enjoyed Lamberts red card far too much.

When I go through the season the best moment changes.  The equaliser against Wednesday is hard to beat, but the equaliser at Birmingham on the first day of the season was pretty special too....then Pukki's goal at home against Preston and so it goes on, each and every moment going towards this special season - and the success we have had would not be there without each and every goal, save, flick and pass.   Just all of them fantastic moments going towards what looks like being an incredible season of football.

The 'ARGOS' moment.......So inspiring....... 😉

There's far too many things occurred/happened for best moment of the season......It's been a roller-coaster and no one has wanted to get off......The whole collective of this soon to be over season has been the best moment......in my opinion......

Millwall for me. It was only the second time I'd brought my boy to Carra Rud. The first was the turgid affair v Wigan where we were saved by what I believe is our only converted penalty all season and whilst he said he enjoyed it, he wasn't chomping at the bit to come again.

However, my old man's ticket became available for the Millwall match and with a bit of encouragement he came along. Let's just say since that game he needs no encouragement to come along when a ticket becomes available anymore.