Sign in to follow this  
Jersey Canary

Out of Contract Players

I agree, it would be better to invest in a younger striker, with potential...but then the transfer fee has to be acceptable... Webber n' co will have to do their thing again!

Maupay , Adams,... will cost an arm and a leg for example... Spending like that is not what we are going to do

14 minutes ago, ROBFLECK said:

I agree, it would be better to invest in a younger striker, with potential...but then the transfer fee has to be acceptable... Webber n' co will have to do their thing again!

Maupay , Adams,... will cost an arm and a leg for example... Spending like that is not what we are going to do

Think it goes without saying that Norwich aren’t going to sign Maupay, Adams et al as second striker. 

It is the position most likely to see an incoming from a non-domestic league due to the price premium of attackers. 

Sargis Adamyan or Hendrik Weydandt might be names to keep an eye on. 

Rhodes? Where we're going, we won't need Rhodes...!

doc.jpg

Edited by Woodman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Just had a swift google of the top scorers in the Danish league following the success with Pukki- Robert Skov is a 22 year old goal scoring winger/forward with 25 goals and a £5m price tag. Could be an interesting option...

1 hour ago, Woodman said:

Rhodes? Where we're going, we won't need Rhodes...!

doc.jpg

And we definitely won't need the Doc...

11 minutes ago, king canary said:

Just had a swift google of the top scorers in the Danish league following the success with Pukki- Robert Skov is a 22 year old goal scoring winger/forward with 25 goals and a £5m price tag. Could be an interesting option...

It’s actually another Skov, Andreas Skov Olsen, who I’d be looking at - 19 and scored 21 goals.

Although he’s more a wide attacker than a striker. 

I see Henrik Larsson's son has scored 4 in 4 in the Swedish league this season... 🙂

If we could get him on a free then resale value wouldn’t matter. And that’s down to Sheffield.

11 minutes ago, Woodman said:

Doubt they'll let him go on a free when they paid £10m for him.

Agree but they won’t recoup the £10m so probably £3-5m will get him in I would guess.

39 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Agree but they won’t recoup the £10m so probably £3-5m will get him in I would guess.

£3m - £5m too much - especially when you add on wages etc. Also the opportunity cost, if Norwich sign Rhodes, that is money they can’t use to sign someone else. 

Let’s also remember that ‘free’ transfers aren’t ‘free’. The money saved in transfer fee mostly ends up going to the player in signing bonus and additional wages. 

Only way I would keep Rhodes would be on a free for no more than £20k a week.

I like the idea of him there as 3rd choice as I think he never got the chance he deserved at the top level. Reckon he'd be useful at any level to throw on when chasing a goal. no reason he cant produce what Ulloa did or or similar. Certainly isn't the answer as 1st or 2nd choice though.

22 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

I think it's slightly harsh stating he's not hit double figures. He'd have easily surpassed that this season if he was given regular minutes. He's scored every 168 minutes he's played this season and given the fact that a huge chunk of his minutes have been from the bench in the dying moments when he's been tasked with holding the ball up or running to the corner. If you give him some leeway and allow those appearances to be chalked off his minutes record, he's been at his most prolific for years based on that stat alone.

He's only been prevented from a 20+ goal season this year through the outstanding performance of Pukki. I'd be more than happy signing him permanently if the figures could be agreed. I suspect Farke's approach to substitutions will change in the Premier League with players getting 20-30 minutes of the bench more frequently; I think Rhodes could do a decent job in that sort of role, even in the Premier League.

Spot on, IMO.

I can see us buying a couple of foreign younger strikers with potential but who, for whatever reason, don’t click in the PL, then looking sadly in the rear view mirror as Jordan scores 15-20 in the Championship.

I think the ops list is mostly(except Klose, Rhodes) players who are not good enough either way. Also the current 1st team best I can make it out is 26 players 1 more than the 25 man squad limit for the Premier league. It will be a few more than just the obvious(Hanley, Tettey, Srbeny, Morris) who leave.

If Webber is confident they can get a striker they won't take Rhodes, but the belief I think is there in him as a player so if you just have Pukki he will be seen as a less risky prospect. Plus handy should we be relegated with someone having signed Pukki.

2 hours ago, KiwiScot said:

I think the ops list is mostly(except Klose, Rhodes) players who are not good enough either way. Also the current 1st team best I can make it out is 26 players 1 more than the 25 man squad limit for the Premier league. It will be a few more than just the obvious(Hanley, Tettey, Srbeny, Morris) who leave.

Under-21 players like Aarons, Lewis etc. don't count towards the limit so we can go over 25 pretty easily should we choose to.

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Under-21 players like Aarons, Lewis etc. don't count towards the limit so we can go over 25 pretty easily should we choose to.

I'd forgotten about that thanks.