Sign in to follow this  
Jersey Canary

Timm Klose?

Does anyone know if Timmy is going to sign a new contract or whether Norwich have/are going to offer a new contract? 

For me it’s a yes at the right price. We need experience around our Defence and plenty of games to play next season especially if Farke takes the cup’s seriously like he said he would. 

What do you think?

I still think he's our best centre half to be honest. I'd give him a deal if the figures are right. I suspect next season's starting eleven will be heavily based on pre-season rather than who was first in line this season.

• Like 1

Thanks, Very Interesting. 

It seems like we’re being linked with CB’s already and I’m wondering if Hanley will be sacrificed if we need to upgrade (if Timmy signs) or whether the player links are to replace Timmy?

Presumably Norwich will offer a contract in line with the other central defenders and he'll sign if he doesn't get a substantially better offer elsewhere.

Really hope he does.

8 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Presumably Norwich will offer a contract in line with the other central defenders and he'll sign if he doesn't get a substantially better offer elsewhere.

Really hope he does.

What have you got against Timm? 😉

• Haha 1

The boys on the Q&A earlier reckon both Grant and Timm will stick around, and I'd be more than happy if they did. 

I would actually prefer as much of the squad to stay together as possible, with the exception of any youngsters (e.g. Todd / Carlton) who may struggle for game time, and therefore may have to pop out on loan for a bit.

I feel a bit sorry for Ivo though.  

And yes, I'm on a first name basis with all of the Norwich squad.  

Both Klose and Hanley were dropped through no fault of their own. I would happily have either back in the team next year.

I would rather see us spend our limited funds on 2 more strikers, a winger, a keeper and a defensive midfielder before we get to adding another CB.

16 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Hopefully we can get someone of the quality of Ryan Bennet in

That prompted me to have a quick peek on transfermarkt. He's up to £4.5m since Wolves' promotion.

3 hours ago, Orly said:

The boys on the Q&A earlier reckon both Grant and Timm will stick around, and I'd be more than happy if they did. 

I would actually prefer as much of the squad to stay together as possible, with the exception of any youngsters (e.g. Todd / Carlton) who may struggle for game time, and therefore may have to pop out on loan for a bit.

I feel a bit sorry for Ivo though.  

And yes, I'm on a first name basis with all of the Norwich squad.  

Cantwell will be a big part of the squad next season - I don't see him going on loan. When the team played with freedom he was one of our most creative outlets and, with Buendia, the one who is most likely to create chances from nothing.

However, we're not promoted yet so this is all a bit fluid.....

Time sure does fly, i cant believe hes been thru 3 Championships seasons with us. Timm has always loved the area, the club and has been a consumate professional, being the glue in the central defence thats seen the old guard leave and the young uns come thru. Plus, given the chance, im sure he dearly  wants more than half a season of Prem football as a Canary that hes had up until now. Just feel hes one of those guys that we would really miss, his presence is huge.

I wonder will it be a new contract on reduced terms, a la Tettey last year. Would he accept this? I hope so, as he has shown in the past he's up to the job and his general attitude appears to be top notch, hence surviving the Webber cull. 

Nicht gehen Timm!

Simply this is this seasons Malky moment... Let's not mess this one up and get this deal.over the line. 

Edited by Norfolk Dan
Edit
  • Like 1

I think we need to trim the squad anyway,  Franke should be moved on, Raggett too, Hanley was shipped out by Newcastle, seen as not good enough for the Premiership. With that in mind we need Timm and room for another quality CB. Not saying that we'll be that busy but in an ideal world.....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

I think we need to trim the squad anyway,  Franke should be moved on, Raggett too, Hanley was shipped out by Newcastle, seen as not good enough for the Premiership. With that in mind we need Timm and room for another quality CB. Not saying that we'll be that busy but in an ideal world.....

Exactly my thinking. Godfrey, Zimmermann, Klose and a new signing.

9 hours ago, splendidrush said:

Agreed, but I reckon we will keep hold of Hanley... Franke and Raggett will be moved on. How about raiding our feeder club for Cooper or Jansson :classic_biggrin: ? If they don't go up...which I don't think they will

15 minutes ago, ROBFLECK said:

Agreed, but I reckon we will keep hold of Hanley... Franke and Raggett will be moved on. How about raiding our feeder club for Cooper or Jansson :classic_biggrin: ? If they don't go up...which I don't think they will

Fantastic idea. I don't even care if they're not good enough. Let's just raid Leeds again because we can.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

That prompted me to have a quick peek on transfermarkt. He's up to £4.5m since Wolves' promotion.

Another player for the scapegoats team at the Rus Wes game.😀

10 hours ago, splendidrush said:

What has happened to Ragget, he doesnt seem to have played much for Rotherham this season, I just checked and he's now 25, I imagined him to be a bit younger than that. 

55 minutes ago, ROBFLECK said:

I hope that's a joke re Jansson - he's shocking.  Put him under any sort of pressure and he crumbles.  Thinks he's way better than he is. Reminds me a lot of Chambers down the road - does a lot of shouting and posturing, but not a lot else.

I agree that it'll be Zimmermann, Klose, Godfrey and A N Other.  I think we'd listen to offers for Hanley and probably Raggett.  Has Franke gone now as well?  As good a CB as he is, he's not mobile enough and not quick enough with his feet.

Yeah, I wouldn't choose Jansson either to be honest ... of those two...

Just the fact that we would sign another player of lufc after their failings would be funny.

Edited by ROBFLECK

Godfrey, Zimmerman, Klose & Hanley is a great set of CB's to have.  Can Heise play at CB too?

I expect Franke will depart on a permanent deal and Raggett to go out on loan/permanent (wouldn't be surprised if Lincoln return for him)

Only if Klose leaves do I expect us to sign another CB.  

26 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Had a couple of bad injuries that severely reduced his playing time.

Thanks

Would be happy to see Timm here next season,  premier experience and clearly great for the squad even when not playing too.

I would like to strengthen at CB so if we were to lose one of the CBs I would tenatively suggest Hanley, who I think would still attract a fee,  performs best at Championship level and is least suited to the ball playing requirements of our style.  Wont be disappointed if he stays either though.     That is with Franke and Raggett clearly not being part of our plans.

Webber and Farke will have to weave their magic again , if they are to find a PL ready CB for a price below  let's say 5m...

12 hours ago, splendidrush said:

Out of likes but totally agree, Splendid 👍

I cannot think of one reason why Timm should not be with us next season. Very unlucky to have been kept out of the side for the second half of the season, but then that’s credit to Zimbo and Godfrey, and total respect to him, all he’s done is encourage them both. Never seen such a tight knit City squad. Timm does also pop up with some important goals, and he’s far from past it, so it’s a no brainer to me - sign him up! I suspect he will be very important for us next season.

I’d like Klose to stay.

(And hopefully we won’t sign anyone like Simon Charlton!)

22 minutes ago, Grando said:

I’d like Klose to stay.

(And hopefully we won’t sign anyone like Simon Charlton!)

Rumour has it that Gary Doherty will be seen in Nando’s in a couple of weeks, so make of that what you will...