Sign in to follow this  
Phat Canary

Do we really want to sell Ashton?

A lot of City fans seem to think that selling Ashton is the Way forward, i just don''t understand that at all, i''ve been to all the home games and yes he has missed a few chances and he hasn''t looked fully fit on occasions but in general he has been one of a handfull of players who have shown some grit and a determination and with a  new manager that can motivate him and the team he will soon start climbing the goalscorers chart .Who do you Ashton must go! supporters think we should replace him with?

because I think we have adequate replacements (at this level) in Ward / Gallagher and Lewis, also if we did need to replace you can pick up a resonable keeper for a fraction of the cost of a striker. Ashton I believe will return to form under the right manager and system to replace him could prove to be almost impossible for the money we have available.

Green before ashton anyday.

green is replaceable, ashton is not.

green has served us well and i dont think anyone could complain if he left, he does want to play for england, and that wont happen playin for us.

even if we get 3mil for ashton, who would take his place. once mckenzie is back, everything will start firing off again for sure

''No, sell Fleming and Charlton and Brennan and Jarrett and Hughes and Colin and Gallacher and the hotel.''

That pays for the sprinkler system to be turned on pre match - wont buy much with that lot going out.

We must use Ashton better and change our style of play to suit him.  Selling him is the last thing we should do IMO, but then the first is change manager and thats not on the cards either.

OTBC

no,, a new manager could very well get the best out of ashton and get him firing on all cylinders again.

i do agree with selling greeno though.. he is replaceable already at the club, id like to see Gallagher given a chance as Ward doesnt fill me with confidence.

Also, i reckon we could get a good price for greeno which a new manager will need for transfer funds.

jas :)

keep green and ashton, get rid of manager, the players arent performing due to lack of passion and confidence. The managers job is to get the best out of his players. farewell worthy.

if you watch Green now he is not as good as he used to. We overrate him because every now and then he pulls off a spectaculer save. but he does make a few errors and never commands the box

If we sell Ashton we are accepting that we are not good enough to keep him! What message does that send to people we may want to attract? I say new manager sell green to everton for 1.5 and then use the money for a raid on spurs!