Sign in to follow this  
SwindonCanary

Financial Fair play

With Birmingham being deduced points,  Middlesborough and Nottingham Forest are now saying others should take a reduction   Aston Villa, Leeds United, Sheffield Wednesday and Derby are also among a further group of clubs rumoured to be under varying degrees of scrutiny, with regard to potential breaches.

1 minute ago, SwindonCanary said:

Maybe, but look who's in the play off's, Leeds, Villa and Derby have got there by cheating

Well one of them might escape punishment via the play offs but at least two could be in trouble for next season

3 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Maybe, but look who's in the play off's, Leeds, Villa and Derby have got there by cheating

Cheating! Like Leave.eu, Aaron Banks, Boris Johnson etc.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, A Load of Squit said:

Cheating! Like Leave.eu, Aaron Banks, Boris Johnson etc.

Not to mention £9m (& the rest) spent on propaganda by the government.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I think 'load of squid' should keep it on the thread it's supposed to be.

Flagging your hypocricy is much more important.

keep your childish squabbling for the Brexit thread. It’s a football forum ffs! 

• Thanks 1

If WBA go up, and Leeds, Villa and Derby get points deductions under FFP, it’s going to make getting promoted a lot easier for Huddersfield, Fulham and Cardiff/Brighton next year. 

1 hour ago, JF said:

keep your childish squabbling for the Brexit thread. It’s a football forum ffs! 

Every time I come here, I have a sneaking hope that an admin might have 'accidentally' deleted the Brexit thread...

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Crafty Canary said:

Villa must be desperate to get up and avoid FFP repercussions.

If Villa don't get up, they're in all sorts of trouble. 

Will there be different levels of points / fines for the clubs? Will some fair better because of their size and clout? Or is it set out? I really don’t know how it will be dished out, but one thing for sure we’ll see as not all the clubs in trouble will get promoted.

The rules seems fairly clear. You are allowed up to £39 loss over a three year period, measured in March based on the past 2 seasons plus your projected profit/loss for the current season. If you have been in the Premier League in that timeframe you get a bigger loss allowance. A club that plays two seasons in the Championship and one in the Premier League would have a maximum permitted loss of £61m, consisting of one season at £35m and two at £13m.

Based on their spending and not having been in the PL recently, Villa seem to be the most likely to be penalized under FFP rules if they fail to go up, but I believe that the points penalty would be assessed next spring if they can't slash their operating costs next year.