Sign in to follow this  
Andy G

Nélson Oliveira

So with Premier League looking more and more likely, where does this leave Nelson.

If he were to come back, on his hands and knees asking for another chance, stating he'll definitely change his ways...... is he given it, is he good enough as back up to Pukki in the Prem? or are we still looking to move him on to pastures new?

1 minute ago, Andy G said:

So with Premier League looking more and more likely, where does this leave Nelson.

If he were to come back, on his hands and knees asking for another chance, stating he'll definitely change his ways...... is he given it, is he good enough as back up to Pukki in the Prem? or are we still looking to move him on to pastures new?

Even if Reading hadn't agreed a fee, Oliveira is a prima donna who never lasts long anywhere cuz he's probably a bit of a kn0b. Why would Farke give him the opportunity to shine in a league above when he couldn't even get on the bench in the Championship? I'm sure the other players would love it if we let Nelson come in when we got to the Prem, just because he said sorry when he's done none of the work to get us there.

What an odd post, I'm genuinely baffled that anyone would even conceive that he would ever play for us again.

3 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Reading have agreed a fee in the loan deal and I think it is automatically triggered if they aren’t relegated - which they won’t be. 

If they don't want him permanently though all they need to do is offer him a contract he doesn't want to sign.

Sorry, just to Clarify my opinion.
I'd not have him back in the squad, regardless of his intention, i believe all bridges have been burnt here.
That being said it seems as though his attitude has changed @ Reading, with his constant battle with injury and returning to the squad, so perhaps he has worked out he is the issue.
I must admit I am torn on ability though, some games for us he looked the full package, others he didn't turn up at all.

https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/norwich-city-striker-loan-at-reading-suffers-setback-1-6013283

"Oliveira scored 20 goals in 70 games for Norwich but hasn't played since the final game of last season, with a year still to run on his contract.

It looks unlikely he will return to the fold at City under head coach Daniel Farke, particularly with City on the verge of promotion to the Premier League, and Reading boss Gomes has already suggested a potential permanent switch is possible.

“I would like Oliveira to stay with us next season,” the Portuguese coach said last month. “I don't know if that will be possible. He might have Premier League proposals. But we have an amount agreed with Norwich that we can buy him.”

Just now, king canary said:

If they don't want him permanently though all they need to do is offer him a contract he doesn't want to sign.

That is usually also agreed with the player upon agreeing the loan deal, so it is a bit of a formality. 

The manager has been very keen to keep him so I don’t think it will be a problem. 

Just now, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

That is usually also agreed with the player upon agreeing the loan deal, so it is a bit of a formality. 

The manager has been very keen to keep him so I don’t think it will be a problem. 

Fair enough. Won't hurt to be shedding the amount of wages we seem to be this summer.

8 hours ago, kick it off said:

https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/norwich-city-striker-loan-at-reading-suffers-setback-1-6013283

"Oliveira scored 20 goals in 70 games for Norwich but hasn't played since the final game of last season, with a year still to run on his contract.

It looks unlikely he will return to the fold at City under head coach Daniel Farke, particularly with City on the verge of promotion to the Premier League, and Reading boss Gomes has already suggested a potential permanent switch is possible.

“I would like Oliveira to stay with us next season,” the Portuguese coach said last month. “I don't know if that will be possible. He might have Premier League proposals. But we have an amount agreed with Norwich that we can buy him.”

Now that we're dishing out Premier League wages he might hang around like a bad smell, just because he hasn't played, his contract will give him the pay rise that everyone else gets. He'll technically be a Premier League player after all. 

As good as gone, no where near the work rate needed to get into this side now. Couldn't imagine him putting in half the effort Pukki does, certainly wouldn't see him covering at right back to stop a counter attack anyhow, she highly doubt he has the ability to return the same number of goals

1 hour ago, splendidrush said:

Now that we're dishing out Premier League wages he might hang around like a bad smell, just because he hasn't played, his contract will give him the pay rise that everyone else gets. He'll technically be a Premier League player after all. 

This was my concern, Reading won't be able to match his Premier League pay bump so he could choose to drift around our u23's a while longer if he was that way inclined...

I fully trust Webber mitigated such a situation in the Reading loan deal, where presumably if there is an option to make it permanent then the contractual details of this are already set in stone for all parties.

(I hope!)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Essjayess said:

I wouldnt at all be surprised if Ivo followed him there to.

I believe these days it's not permissible to discuss a player without including a picture of his wife in a bikini.