CANARYKING

Pitch invasion Sat

Please guys stay in the stands and let the players celebrate on their own, the pressure they’ve been under is immense , you’ll have your chance later when they come round

• Like 3

Good call.  We can't afford the negative press of a pitch invasion, or some of the worse consequences.

https://sports.vice.com/en_uk/article/pgndqm/pitch-invasions-footballs-forbidden-fruit

"It isn't just individuals who are at risk of punishment. Every time a fan makes their way on to the pitch, the referee has to include it in his report. This goes to the FA, who'll get straight on the phone and ask said club to explain themselves. If too many of those calls are made, the FA can basically punish the club in whatever way they like. A fine is most likely, but in particularly egregious cases a points deduction is possible. They really, really do not want you running on their precious grass."

Imagine if we lost promotion because of a points deduction for an organised pitch invasion.  However unlikely, it is still possible.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3185291/Blackpool-deducted-three-points-pitch-invasion-forced-clash-Huddersfield-abandoned-season.html

Edited by Bobzilla

Obviously they can't take action against eveyone that invades the pitch as I imagine it would be thousands, but I personally wouldn't risk facing a ban from Carrow Road. 

Its just not worth it. 

21 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

Obviously they can't take action against eveyone that invades the pitch as I imagine it would be thousands, but I personally wouldn't risk facing a ban from Carrow Road. 

Its just not worth it. 

There’s a good thread about this on the main Sheff Utd message board S24SU. They’re expecting to beat Ipswich to pretty much guarantee promotion and the vast majority of sensible heads on there - despite the colourful language - are against it.

We of course can secure promotion at home for the first time in over 50 years on Saturday so I expect some of our hotheads might try it but I know in other years the club have said that the players wouldn’t parade around the pitch if there was an invasion.

It works much better away. We’ve had plenty of practice at that 🙂

We done it in the play-offs against Ipswich at home. I guess alot of it depends on how it's done. If it's a 93rd minute winner to seal it then I imagine emotions will dictate above sensible decision-making. I include myself in that, before anyone says i'm on my high horse!

Me and you Smiffy! You distract the steward and I'll vault over hotfooting it to the centre circle. When the steward chases me you will have plenty of time to clamber over.

• Haha 1

If it happens it happens- they are fairly common on promotion and the likelihood of a points deduction is extremely slim unless it turned violent.

If people do get on the pitch all I'd say is for them to be respectful to the opposition players as they leave the pitch- I remember v Ipswich someone got it on of the Hunt brothers faces and he had to be pulled away.

7 minutes ago, king canary said:

I remember v Ipswich someone got it on of the Hunt brothers faces and he had to be pulled away.

Your h and c keys seem to have switched places

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

in other years the club have said that the players wouldn’t parade around the pitch if there was an invasion.

This^^^    The players manager and coaches will disappear quickly and there would be no prolonged display of thanks from the players or the manager - just a load of idiots on a pitch who could celebrate just as well from the stands and get much more from doing so.   Or they can just run on the pitch and spoil it for everyone else.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

This^^^    The players manager and coaches will disappear quickly and there would be no prolonged display of thanks from the players or the manager - just a load of idiots on a pitch who could celebrate just as well from the stands and get much more from doing so.   Or they can just run on the pitch and spoil it for everyone else.

Not like you to criticise our fans Lakey? Are you feeling ok?

Oh..

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Not like you to criticise our fans Lakey? Are you feeling ok?

Are fans immune from criticism then?   Personally would prefer to see a lap of honour with the players thanking the fans, maybe Farke coming out and saying something to the fans. Of course I can't be there so am biased and will be watvching on the tv, but then so will so many thousands of others.  Better to be there, of course, but I know what I would like to see and it is not a pitch invasion, however good natured it is.

Edited by lake district canary

28 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Are fans immune from criticism then?   Personally would prefer to see a lap of honour with the players thanking the fans, maybe Farke coming out and saying something to the fans. Of course I can't be there so am biased and will be watvching on the tv, but then so will so many thousands of others.  Better to be there, of course, but I know what I would like to see and it is not a pitch invasion, however good natured it is.

I dunno, the thought of you tutting at your TV with your arms crossed would make me more likely to do it...

Edited by king canary
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I'll be on there, little trowel to dig up the penalty spot and compost it before next season.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

The players will walk around with their family's after the match. A pitch invasion will put a stop to that. Don't do it !  

Since when has football been about players families and not the fans? Get a grip of yourselves. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, PaulineFowler said:

Since when has football been about players families and not the fans? Get a grip of yourselves. 

They are walking around to thank the fans.

22 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

They are walking around to thank the fans.

I must remember to thank Michael McGoverns wife and children. My apologies 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I was unsure of how best to support my club on Saturday, so I'm glad you parped up with your sanctimonious fappery.

• Haha 3

Hate to be a negative nancy, but can we just get the result first before talk of pitch invasions.

• Like 1

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

Mrs Passlack is ready for anybody who invades the pitch.

image.png.8780826983e1f3d6f2510ec6e6c1b6f3.png

That's a big old growler.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5