Sign in to follow this  
Matt Juler

Unexpected Bonus

Unless the unthinkable happens and we manage to lose twice, Leeds win twice and overturn the goal difference, I've just remembered that myself together with the other 700+ investors in the Academy Bond are all entitled to a 25% promotion bonus.  For me that's just £250, but for some investors it's going to be a big pot of money.

As I’ve said previously, I imagine the biggest ‘investors’ were Delia and MWJ. The average investment was something like £6,000 - which makes me think that a few board members put in the vast majority of the money with fans making up the rest. 

We will never know of course and I wouldn’t be surprised if the club rolled something out where people will be given the option to reinvest their bonus. 

One of my mates claims to have put 15k in. He's one of those who has the money but you still never know if its true or not.

And to think, when this bond was launched there were posters on here saying people would never see their money back let alone the promotion bonus!

34 minutes ago, hogesar said:

One of my mates claims to have put 15k in. He's one of those who has the money but you still never know if its true or not.

Blimey you mix in some high flying circles Hogesar 😉 We are grateful that you still mix with us on here 🙂 

(Credit to your mate for doing that)

Loads of you know someone who scraped together £500. 🙃 The £125 would be a right result but being part of what the club are building is priceless.

Congratulations to anyone who invested in this - had I had spare cash to hand I would have done so myself, but it's really good to see those who put their money where their mouths are getting rewarded.

I put some money in, not a great deal but enough. I saw it as a way of getting 5% interest each year and a 3% club spends. This was primarily for my daughter as I wanted to put some money aside to start her some savings, and the banks aren't paying much interest, so it was a win win, helped us and helped the club. Couldn't see the club hitting administration so thought it was safe enough.

Never did I imagine we'd be promoted within the 5 years, so had more or less written that extra 25% off - I'll be jolly pleased if and when that comes about. Still not counting my pennies though, we've still got at least 1 more point to make or watch leeds mess it up again to secure it.