Drazen Muzinic

Blades and Scum Comparing Histories on TWTD

Oh dear

“History has plenty to do with it.  

Why do you think we will end up with 15,000 or so for the opening home game next season, whilst Rochdale will get 3,000 despite charging a similar ticket price?  

You don't get any additional points for being a club steeped in history, but when we are 5th at Christmas and Lincoln are 4th and we are both offering £3,000 per week for 14 goal Tom Eaves at Gillingham, wait and see which club he decides to join.  

That's exactly where having won the UEFA Cup, having built up a fan base over years of being a European force and having history comes into play. We will be a massive League One club, like Leeds, Forest, Man City, Sheffield Wednesday were in a sea of Gillingham, Rochdale and Accrington.  

It doesn't directly change your fortunes, but it can lead to circumstances that come to change your fortunes. Like convincing Marcus Stewart to leave Huddersfield Town, who'd achieved nothing for 80 years, for a club that had been hugely successful in the days he was growing up.”

That's just madness ramblings from silly old men.

I can see them getting envious as Spurs have beaten them both to "first cashless stadium"...damn I wanted that accolade!? 

What a steaming pile of 💩💩💩💩

Sheffield Uniteds great ‘history’ saw them win the league in 1898! How the hell that has any relevance in today’s football is beyond me 🤔🤔

Edited by JF

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

It doesn't directly change your fortunes, but it can lead to circumstances that come to change your fortunes. Like convincing Marcus Stewart to leave Huddersfield Town, who'd achieved nothing for 80 years, for a club that had been hugely successful in the days he was growing up.”

How many players growing up recently would know that 1p5wich were a successful team?

They've achieved nothing for the last 38 years.

3 hours ago, spencer 1970 said:

That's just madness ramblings from silly old men.

I can see them getting envious as Spurs have beaten them both to "first cashless stadium"...damn I wanted that accolade!? 

Surely they're already cashless at their stadium? Oh I see you mean cards only! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I lost interest when the binner actually boosted about the possibility of beating Lincoln to the signing of that 27 years old superstar Tom Eaves from the Gills by offering him £3, 000 per week.

I  then realised the enormity of that 'gap' and that they no longer have anything to offer as credible rivals.

L1pswich

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kick it off said:

That post is from a Sheff Utd fan.

So they are bragging about being the first 'United'?

that is barrel-scraping.

9 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

So they are bragging about being the first 'United'?

that is barrel-scraping.

Yep. So deep in the barrel they've come out the other side I reckon.

We qualified for Europe 3 times in the 1980’s but didn’t get to participate due to the English club ban following the Heysel tragedy. We should really have a star on our shirt for that.

7 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

We qualified for Europe 3 times in the 1980’s but didn’t get to participate due to the English club ban following the Heysel tragedy. We should really have a star on our shirt for that.

We don't do stars, they're reserved for Clubs with a history but no future. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

Oh dear

“History has plenty to do with it.  

Why do you think we will end up with 15,000 or so for the opening home game next season, whilst Rochdale will get 3,000 despite charging a similar ticket price?  

You don't get any additional points for being a club steeped in history, but when we are 5th at Christmas and Lincoln are 4th and we are both offering £3,000 per week for 14 goal Tom Eaves at Gillingham, wait and see which club he decides to join.  

That's exactly where having won the UEFA Cup, having built up a fan base over years of being a European force and having history comes into play. We will be a massive League One club, like Leeds, Forest, Man City, Sheffield Wednesday were in a sea of Gillingham, Rochdale and Accrington.  

Good to see that Nigel Pickover is still flexing his editorial muscles in his retirement.

I've just been on the Royal Engineers message board and there's spat growing on there between them, Wanderers and Old Etonians.

Apparently Wanderers are the bigger club because they won more FA Cups. But Old Etonians are claiming to be more relevant because their win was most recent and had the biggest crowd - 1882 & 6500.

Edited by Drazen Muzinic
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

I've just been on the Royal Engineers message board and there's spat growing on there between them, Wanderers and Old Etonians.

Apparently Wanderers are the bigger club because they won more FA Cups. But Old Etonians are claiming to be more relevant because their win was most recent and had the biggest crowd - 1882 & 6500.

Must be a slow message board what with the penny post and all.

perhaps they were signalling with flags.

17 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Must be a slow message board what with the penny post and all.

perhaps they were signalling with flags.

Works well Ricky, but it hit a snag recently when the postie had a bit of trouble with a bad gateway...🤭

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Works well Ricky, but it hit a snag recently when the postie had a bit of trouble with a bad gateway...🤭

It was at No.502 i believe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2