4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Big Ben was clocked doing approx 93 metres in 12 secs.......

⏲️💪

That’s my pace! Oh hang on 12 metres in 93 secs!

• Haha 2

It really does get better every time you look. He was the furthest forward player, right on the edge of the six yard box and ended up the furthest player back!  Astonishing drive, commitment and desire.

• Like 3

He even picks up another gear towards the end. Very impressive. I’m going to have to put a negative spin on that clip though. That’s a shocking ball into the box when we have so many players committed forward for the attack, that could easily have ended worse

Just seen that someone has claimed...and I quote, 'I know for a fact Dortmond has made an offer of 12 million, and 6 English clubs have put in offers.'

40 minutes ago, First Wazzock said:

Just seen that someone has claimed...and I quote, 'I know for a fact Dortmond has made an offer of 12 million, and 6 English clubs have put in offers.'

Well short. 

• Like 1

Worth noting that Godfrey's agent is New Era (The one with Rio Ferdinand involved).

They seem to have a bit of a history with putting stuff in the press to stir up interest in their clients. Rio seemed to tweet every other week about both the Murphy's (New Era too) and got their moves sorted very quickly.

I would not be surprised at all if this is mostly being spread (or made up) by them. 

Hopefully the prem money means we won't be bullied by agents too much.

Edited by HertsCanary93
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, HertsCanary93 said:

Worth noting that Godfrey's agent is New Era (The one with Rio Ferdinand involved).

They seem to have a bit of a history with putting stuff in the press to stir up interest in their clients. Rio seemed to tweet every other week about both the Murphy's (New Era too) and got their moves sorted very quickly.

I would not be surprised at all if this is mostly being spread (or made up) by them. 

When we get there we hold all the cards, Godfrey won’t be in any rush to leave, the club doesn’t need to sell assets to fund losses so if a club wants him let them pay over the odds for him.

He’s 21, English and can play many positions, he is a big lad with plenty of pace, any big English club should be looking at him right now.

The dilemma is do we cash in now when his value is high and try and keep him here on loan for a season or say no to everyone and hope that we either stay up or his value doesn’t drop to much if we get relegated.

• Like 2

We keep seeing him linked for around 10 million which is obviously nowhere near enough and it also states in the recent article that we're desperate for him to sign a new contract.

I reckon he has a release clause of around that amount currently because otherwise that price is ridiculous. I'm hoping for a new contract announcement soon to easy my fears. He will go and pretty soon i reckon but we really should be getting 15-20 mil for him, that's not with yellow and green specs on that's what he's worth. As an all round footballer he has everything. He will play for a top club soon without a doubt. 

Ben Godfrey was signed as a promising youngster from York City.

It was a risk that has materialised into a gem.

Surely it's only established players who have so-called release clauses written into their contracts.

I should imagine that York have a sell-on clause though.

1 hour ago, HertsCanary93 said:

I noticed Ferdinand was tweeting about him. Now it makes sense. 

1 hour ago, HertsCanary93 said:

Yep, and Ferdy was sharing the same video in this thread widely on twitter Monday night / Tuesday as well.  This is all about Ferdy / New Era getting their agency fee - Ferdy must be short of a bob or two now with new extended family!  

I hope we keep hold of him for at least one season and the same can be said for Aarons and Lewis.

Crazy though when you look at what it cost to put together our starting 11 (£5m Max I guess) to what they are now worth if sold (£60-70m as a guess) 👍🏻

That’s the sort of attitude and fitness that we will need next year. 

You cant buy that very easily, if at all.

2 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Sell him for silly money in January....

That would be a bonkers thing to do unless we can guarantee a loan-back until the end of the season.

Why do you think we always have to sell and then the buying club doubles there money when they move on

Redmond and Maddison good examples

When we clear the dead wood from the club there will be no need to sell anyone

5 minutes ago, daly said:

Why do you think we always have to sell and then the buying club doubles there money when they move on

Redmond and Maddison good examples

When we clear the dead wood from the club there will be no need to sell anyone

Not from a financial perspective, but if players have the offer of European football and doubling/trebling their money then they'd be nuts not to even consider it. I'd hope that Aarons/Godfrey/Buendia (the three most likely to have their heads turned) would be smart enough to spend a year in the Prem with us first, but nothing's guaranteed.

5 minutes ago, daly said:

There’s loads of examples where that isn’t, or wouldn’t, be true. Fer, Brady, Olson... But where it is, the players are worth more because they have been proven playing for higher rated clubs, often at a level higher than they were previously.

Our best business this summer will probably be keeping Ben, Max, Jamal and Emi.