Sign in to follow this  

So, many on here will remember 10 years ago when Leeds had a comfortable lead at the top above City only to see us overtake them and take the title - although they were able to get promotion with 2nd spot.

this time they’ve been the team at the top spot more than any other. But with 3 defeats in their last five they are likely to finish behind City again and it’s looking probable they’ll end up in 3rd place in a very tough playoff competition, missing out on automatic promotion .

so what adjective suits them best? “Choking” or “imploding”? I think “bottling” suits them most myself...

4 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Imagine the deflation around that place if Bielsa left.

Although given their record with managers he’s probably having a quick check in his contract about what he’d get if sacked...🤔

Even (probably) if Leeds come third I don’t think their playoff chances should be automatically dismissed. We managed it after the disappointment of narrowly missing second place under Alex Neill, don’t forget.

26 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

So, many on here will remember 10 years ago when Leeds had a comfortable lead at the top above City only to see us overtake them and take the title - although they were able to get promotion with 2nd spot.

this time they’ve been the team at the top spot more than any other. But with 3 defeats in their last five they are likely to finish behind City again and it’s looking probable they’ll end up in 3rd place in a very tough playoff competition, missing out on automatic promotion .

so what adjective suits them best? “Choking” or “imploding”? I think “bottling” suits them most myself...

Chokimpbottling.

9 minutes ago, Grando said:

Even (probably) if Leeds come third I don’t think their playoff chances should be automatically dismissed. We managed it after the disappointment of narrowly missing second place under Alex Neill, don’t forget.

That was a season when Ipswich got to the play offs,there wasn't a villa and West Brom to worry about, and we had grown into our best form, so had all the confidence and belief. Even I expected us to go up!!!

Just now, glory.win or die. said:

That was a season when Ipswich got to the play offs,there wasn't a villa and West Brom to worry about, and we had grown into our best form, so had all the confidence and belief. Even I expected us to go up!!!

I’m not saying it’s probable, but they’ll have a 1 in 4 chance!

48 minutes ago, Grando said:

We hadn’t been comfortably placed in the top 2 for the vast majority of the season though...

Their drop in form seemed to coincide with Spygate and Bielsa being linked with the Everton job.

I'm sure I read a stat that Leeds have lost 9 of their last 20 games.  I don't know if that is correct?

Edited by norfolkbroadslim

Could well be - Leeds do certainly seem to only deal in wins and losses over recent weeks - including, thankfully, more of the latter most recently!  I recall they’ve lost to Sheff U, Brum, Wigan, QPR and Brentford in the last month or so.

Edited by Branston Pickle

2 hours ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

Their drop in form seemed to coincide with Spygate and Bielsa being linked with the Everton job.

I'm sure I read a stat that Leeds have lost 9 of their last 20 games.  I don't know if that is correct?

that is correct

leeds scores and fixtures

Edited by How I Wrote Elastic Man

13 hours ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

Correct

After they played Derby  they had W 16 D 6 L 5

Since then it’s W 9 D 1 L 7

It was cheating. Still wonder how they got away with only a fine