Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Fill yer boots

The only bookie offering odds on us being promoted is Bet365 and they are offering 1/1000 - so simply lay out £1000 and you could win a £1 (plus the £1000 back) if we are promoted.

For those who have the money William Hill are still quoting 1/1000 for us the finish in the top six - Free money

Those who bet yesterday on us winning the title could have won a £1 for an out lay of £3. It has drifted in today with bookies quoting £3.50 or £4 to win that £1. Obviously some punters are not aware of our fans limited hambition.

15/8 for the current bottom three to be relegated - that looks a dead cert.

Otherwise I am minded to concur with a number on here and concentrate on getting promotion first then worry about (what is a meaningless) title. One point is all we need so we need to Farke the coach (or something) hold out for the draw and promotion. Then see where we are for the last game.

If we lose against Blackburn we still have a chance to draw at Villa, and if Sheff Utd drop points against the binners or are losing at Stoke maybe we could risk trying to win at Villa.

But uppermost in our minds must be getting that runners up spot, and not try to get above ourselves. Second place is good enough for the likes of us.

"15/8 for the current bottom three to be relegated - that looks a dead cert." 

Obvious palpable error if live.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

"15/8 for the current bottom three to be relegated - that looks a dead cert." 

Obvious palpable error if live.

eh ?

If the bet appears 'live' on a betting website then it is a obvious palpable error.

You will not get paid on it.

My guess is, it is a old price that has been left on a third party website.

7 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

My guess is, it is a old price that has been left on a third party website.

it is 👍

Game plan for the players should be go for the win against Blackburn and Villa.

Game plan for the fans should be support the players and management who have performed unbelievably well this season all the way. If we are pipped to the title by Sheff United don't catastrophize it while coming across like an entitled 11 year old losing the plot on an internet forum 😂 

23 minutes ago, Norwich R Us said:

If we are pipped to the title by Sheff United don't catastrophize it

oh dea

oh dearie me 😖

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

oh dea

oh dearie me 😖

Now I don't use this forum much but I'm beginning to sense this catchphrase is your go to escape route every time you type yourself into a corner 😂

You are quite funny though so please do continue on with your little internet personality routine. I'm off to study Sheffield United's fixture list while crying myself to sleep over the impending disaster of not adding a championship title to our honours list. See ya x

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bill said:

The only bookie offering odds on us being promoted is Bet365 and they are offering 1/1000 - so simply lay out £1000 and you could win a £1 (plus the £1000 back) if we are promoted.

For those who have the money William Hill are still quoting 1/1000 for us the finish in the top six - Free money

Those who bet yesterday on us winning the title could have won a £1 for an out lay of £3. It has drifted in today with bookies quoting £3.50 or £4 to win that £1. Obviously some punters are not aware of our fans limited hambition.

15/8 for the current bottom three to be relegated - that looks a dead cert.

Otherwise I am minded to concur with a number on here and concentrate on getting promotion first then worry about (what is a meaningless) title. One point is all we need so we need to Farke the coach (or something) hold out for the draw and promotion. Then see where we are for the last game.

If we lose against Blackburn we still have a chance to draw at Villa, and if Sheff Utd drop points against the binners or are losing at Stoke maybe we could risk trying to win at Villa.

But uppermost in our minds must be getting that runners up spot, and not try to get above ourselves. Second place is good enough for the likes of us.

Blackburn are on good form and won't lie down. I'd happily take a draw now if offered. Stoke could easily beat sheff utd, we coukd easily draw atleast with villa. Trophies are nice but as much as i dislike wilder if they finish top then they will have earnt it.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Well you've changed your tune !

Not so long ago it was the title and nothing but the title :classic_huh:

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

10 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Well you've changed your tune !

Not so long ago it was the title and nothing but the title :classic_huh:

oh dear

it was a pee take out of the ever so 'umble who imagine that we can somehow get the points to gain promotion without those same points affecting the title challenge 🙁

Well ive posted more than once in last day or two that finishing 2nd is fine by me, by far the more important things will be the close season, how we and the Blades prepare for life in the top tier, then see which teams play style is suited more to it.

In anycase gaining auto promotion is a rung higher even than when Alex Neil led us out at Wembley in the play off final. Also as great as that day out was,  this can be auto promotion clinched in our own stadium, surely a first for most fans of the club.  That would finally cap what has been one of the best , most joyous and emotional seasons ever.