Jump to content
Note to existing users - password reset is required Read more... ×
unique

Championship Shopping List

Recommended Posts

One Huddersfield player who might be of interest is Karlan Grant.

Young forward who only joined them from Charlton in January. He's already scored 4 goals for them in 11 games - which considering their miserable goalscoring record this season is no mean feat. 

He would fit the young and hungry criteria and has played for England at U17, U18 and U19 level. Probably already be too expensive, but a possible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

Attacking fullback. Jacob Murphy can and has fulfilled this role.

When has he ever played there? We also have Heise who was brought in for competition with Lewis.

Edited by jk147

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

Attacking fullback. Jacob Murphy can and has fulfilled this role.

😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 23/04/2019 at 19:33, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

No one from Cardiff would improve Norwich’s first team. 

 

A realistically priced Gunnarsson might've been a useful addition as a DM if he wasn't on his way to Qatar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Surfer said:

I'd rather have Elliot Bennett back. 

I'd rather we kept Pinto.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Il Pirata said:

Would quite like Kalvin Phillips from Leeds, assuming they don't go up! A proper Alex Tettey replacement, always impresses when I watch him. 

 

 

 

I've been putting his name forward for a few weeks but I think he will be a tad expensive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jk147 said:

When has he ever played there? We also have Heise who was brought in for competition with Lewis.

Championship manager, 2015/16 season, 7 appearances at left wing back. 🙃

Good point regarding Heise though, forgot about him. Still, I’d consider taking Jacob Murphy back if available. Competition for Krul. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

£20 million apparently the championship players as possible we could get maybe 2 for this unless out of contract.  Think we need to look at PL loanees like Reece James and Harry Wilson dependent on play offs.  But think Pl managers will look at City performance and feel City a good place to send their promising youngsters more than in the past but even those will not come cheap.  Sure Webber and Farke have some gems in mind to supplement the squad as supplements will be needed not all of the current squad will make the elevation.  Thompson, Mills and Cantwell would benefit from toughening physically and a full season behind them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see H Reed is in the papers as a potential target. I cannot see this at all.

2 year contract at Soton still in play and tbh he is not quite a prem starter or first team squad player. I did see that our analysts on the pinkun think he can cover more positions which makes it an interesting choice. I disagree, he is midfielder and I would not want him brought in as potentially a right back option if required.

We need a right back, winger and defensive midfielder not a Swiss army knife in Reed.

I know I mentioned Reece from Chelsea on loan, some said he is a right back, but he played the defensive midfield role brilliantly against us and showed himself a better play than Reed. I would say he looks a prime defensive midfielder and may have a longer career in that role.

But either way it should not be an option and is poor paper talk.

But interested to see the moves beginning and rolling on to the opening of the transfer window

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Talking of defensive midfielders, we’ve just been linked with Semi Ajayi from Rotherham today. A very good player actually, think he was at Arsenal at some point, he’s scored 8 goals so far and from his position that’s a decent return. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, smooth said:

I see H Reed is in the papers as a potential target. I cannot see this at all.

2 year contract at Soton still in play and tbh he is not quite a prem starter or first team squad player. I did see that our analysts on the pinkun think he can cover more positions which makes it an interesting choice. I disagree, he is midfielder and I would not want him brought in as potentially a right back option if required.

We need a right back, winger and defensive midfielder not a Swiss army knife in Reed.

I know I mentioned Reece from Chelsea on loan, some said he is a right back, but he played the defensive midfield role brilliantly against us and showed himself a better play than Reed. I would say he looks a prime defensive midfielder and may have a longer career in that role.

But either way it should not be an option and is poor paper talk.

But interested to see the moves beginning and rolling on to the opening of the transfer window

Yet Farke loved Reed as a player and stated he would have wanted him back after his loan spell. As such a versatile player who covered midfield and RB he is exactly the kind I can see us wanting. I expect him to sign if Ralf is not interested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Talking of defensive midfielders, we’ve just been linked with Semi Ajayi from Rotherham today. A very good player actually, think he was at Arsenal at some point, he’s scored 8 goals so far and from his position that’s a decent return. 

Norwich tried to sign Ajayi back in 2013 when he moved from Charlton to Arsenal. I think he’s a decent player, but not sure he is what Norwich need really. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to see Reed back, yes he's not likely to displace anyone from the first team immediately but his attitude fits with what we're trying to do, I think he's capable of stepping up another level beyond what we saw of him last season, he clearly likes the club and the versatility he offers would make him an extremely useful player to have on the bench; as a homegrown player he would also be a shrewd signing in the long term in the event that we were to be relegated after one season in the Premier League and needed to worry about making the quota again in future seasons. 

 

I'm also a fan of Will Vaulks, seems to have the right attitude and drive to do well, gets into good positions and always gives 100%. With Rotherham relegated I would be very surprised if he doesn't have a release clause that can be activated and I don;t think he would cost as much as someone like Maupay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Norwich tried to sign Ajayi back in 2013 when he moved from Charlton to Arsenal. I think he’s a decent player, but not sure he is what Norwich need really. 

Yes, that seems to ring a bell, Beth. I don’t know how much extra Farke could squeeze out of him, but my biggest concern is from what I’ve seen of him, he doesn’t rush and close down players relentlessly like how our boys do, but otherwise looks pretty decent if Farke can get him as fit as our lads. I can see the Reed link being a go’er, will certainly need right back cover next season, and if he signs then I’d be surprised if Ajayi came in as Harrison can fill his position too if needed. Tom Trybull and Max Aarons are nailed on starters next season, so all these guys are likely cover anyways.

Edited by Alex Moss
‘are’ = ‘our’

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In regards to Reed, I just can't see us wasting money on someone who is going to be our seventh choice midfielder. I like him as a player and he seems like a decent guy, but, if we buy a midfielder, it should be a first choice DCM to be the long term replacement for Tettey.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Yellow and Green said:

In regards to Reed, I just can't see us wasting money on someone who is going to be our seventh choice midfielder. I like him as a player and he seems like a decent guy, but, if we buy a midfielder, it should be a first choice DCM to be the long term replacement for Tettey.

 

I think you’d find that is was more likely with a view to cover for Aarons than as a defensive midfielder. But being able to play multiple positions is of course a bonus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Yes, that seems to ring a bell, Beth. I don’t know how much extra Farke could squeeze out of him, but my biggest concern is from what I’ve seen of him, he doesn’t rush and close down players relentlessly like how our boys do, but otherwise looks pretty decent if Farke can get him as fit as our lads. I can see the Reed link being a go’er, will certainly need right back cover next season, and if he signs then I’d be surprised if Ajayi came in as Harrison can fill his position too if needed. Tom Trybull and Max Aarons are nailed on starters next season, so all these guys are likely cover anyways.

I see Trybull as one of the players most at risk at losing his place next season. I think he is a good player, but not sure he has the mobility to be a defensive midfielder in the Prem. 

He is great when Norwich are the team on the front foot as he can do the defensive side of things fine and contribute to the build up of attacks. 

For me, the defensive midfielder signing is the key transfer. We’ve all seen how open Norwich are, especially on the counter, and need someone who is more adapt at covering the gaps as Norwich pile forward. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone worth looking at in League One from Luton, Barnsley or Portsmouth ?

I seem to remember Jamal Lowe who plays for Portsmouth was impressive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it is important that we bring in players with skill. We cannot match anything remotely like the ones at the top clubs but can surely still find players who would have no trouble fitting into our system. All our players are comfortable on the ball which gives them the opportunity of choice to either hold or pass.

Are there that many out there at the price we want to pay? I don't really know if there are any better than what we have already.

My best guess is that we will look abroad again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was listening to Chris Sutton, among others (Ian Wright, Charlie Adam), on 5Live tonight and he thinks our priority must be a decent goalkeeper. He didn't seem to rate Krul very much.

Fraser Forster was mentioned as a possible.

There was a good interview over the phone with Webber who had some interesting things to say.

Ian Wright thought it would be good to get a couple of players in who had been relegated because "they have got the experience of being relegated" but in his interview Webber seemed to indicate that that is not the route they want to go down.

I think you can get it on iPlayer or as a Podcast. The bit about City started sometime after 8.30

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×