unique

Championship Shopping List

Would love to see us take Ritsu Doan from the  eredivisie. Young, skillful, japanese😉 and has a similar style to Son. Classic Webber/Farke player 

51 minutes ago, Indy_Bones said:

Funny how when I suggested Son when we had Hughton as manager, I was derided with him being classed as a 'nobody I found on Football Manager'...

I also suggested Firmino whilst he was at Hoffenheim, Klose who went on to sign for us, and a number of other talented players as well.

They were as out of Norwich’s league then as they are now. 

Why you keep bringing up such a self own borders on masochism. 

14 minutes ago, Butsy said:

Would love to see us take Ritsu Doan from the  eredivisie. Young, skillful, japanese😉 and has a similar style to Son. Classic Webber/Farke player 

Unfortunately now valued at around €12m - €15m and Norwich have ended the interest they had in him. 

4 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

They were as out of Norwich’s league then as they are now. 

Why you keep bringing up such a self own borders on masochism. 

Yes, funny how he never mentions Nani or Ter-Stergen...

Anyone from the teams going down from the premier league we could pick up?

i expect wage demands would be out of our structure but Webber will have heads up on any Huddlesfield players I’m sure.

Mitrovic from Fulham would be a superb addition but can see him going for big money to a mid table club.

5 minutes ago, ec-p said:

Anyone from the teams going down from the premier league we could pick up?

i expect wage demands would be out of our structure but Webber will have heads up on any Huddlesfield players I’m sure.

Mitrovic from Fulham would be a superb addition but can see him going for big money to a mid table club.

Billing from Huddersfield would be good.

Fulham have some good players, but the ones worth having will be out of Norwich’s league (Sessegnon) or in positions Norwich are well covered (Cairney).

No one from Cardiff would improve Norwich’s first team. 

Edited by Bethnal Yellow and Green

1 minute ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Billing from Huddersfield would be good.

Fulham have some good players, but the ones worth having will be out of Norwich’s league (Sessegnon) or in positions Norwich are well covered (Cairney).

No one from Cardiff would improve Norwich’s first team. 

I'd take Mooy from Huddersfield.

4 hours ago, king canary said:

I'd add Oli McBurnie and Dan James from Swansea.

Dan James in my humble opinion was the best visiting player at Carrow Road this season. 

4 minutes ago, king canary said:

I'd take Mooy from Huddersfield.

He'd be expensive. Can't see the club spending big on anybody older than 24 or 25.

1 hour ago, Indy_Bones said:

Funny how when I suggested Son when we had Hughton as manager, I was derided with him being classed as a 'nobody I found on Football Manager'...

I also suggested Firmino whilst he was at Hoffenheim, Klose who went on to sign for us, and a number of other talented players as well.

Go on, give us a 2019 version. Maybe some of those Ajax youngsters fancy a crack at the Premier League. 😁

I would never take a player from a team that has been relegated. A  player from a relegated team ought not get an automatic return, just by switching clubs....far too easy for them..........

Edited by lake district canary
  • Like 1

Webber had said in a previous interview that they had a recruitment plan for both the Championship and the Premiership and that they knew 90% of who they wanted. From his comments it sounded like he was already meeting with agents (and potentially players).

One that has only been mentioned once in passing but would be high on my list is Harry Wilson on loan. He isn't proven enough to make it at Liverpool yet and he's starred in the Championship so the logical next step is a Premier League loan, and ideally to a lower Premier League club where he'll start regularly. Also the Klopp/Farke Dortmund connection could be a factor due to understanding each other's philosophy, even though they never actually worked together there.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Dan James in my humble opinion was the best visiting player at Carrow Road this season. 

I too really liked the look of him. Terrifyingly quick and a real potential weapon for a newly-promoted* team.

* Subject to all aforementioned caveats..

Sergio Canos. Could get him for a few million quid. Definitely worth it. Alex Neil was stupid to 

Let him go. 

3 hours ago, Icecream Snow said:

At the moment we have 12 "foreign" players in McGovern, Zimmerman, Heise, Leitner, Vrancic, Trybull, Tettey, McLean, Buendia, Hernandez, Stiepermann and Pukki (and 13 if we sign Klose on a new contract).

The Premiership limit is 17.

Homegrown we've got Krul, Aarons, Lewis, Godfrey and Cantwell that would make it into a 25 man premier league squad (Jury's out on Hanley and Thompson).

So realistically, if we want to sign 6-7 new players, we're going to need a couple of homegrowns, unless we can loan a Dean Henderson or a Harry Wilson.

??? 🙄

1 hour ago, Icecream Snow said:

Webber had said in a previous interview that they had a recruitment plan for both the Championship and the Premiership and that they knew 90% of who they wanted. From his comments it sounded like he was already meeting with agents (and potentially players).

"And this what you could have won"

It would be interesting to know who the targets were if we had stayed in the Championship

If only to see how they progress

Star players from Championship should be too expensive for us with Webber already say we will not spend much .

Che Wilson ,Jarod Bowen ,Maupey etc is a top young players who have price tag at least 18-20 mil+

No way we to spend this amount for 1 player imo.

2 loan players should be ideal and same time we need more wide players and 1 more full back to be more balanced as a teams.

If Rhodes not stay we also need at least 1 more forward if we loan Srbeny then need 2 more in attack.

So all in all 1 or 2  wide players 1 full back 1 forward 1 keeper is must for balance and if they think we receive too many goals we need also better centre back  from this 4 currently in club(its obvious if come new one then Hanley or Klose must be moved)

Over all English market is very overpriced and Webber know that very good so I not believe we will buy more than one and probably loan 2 from top clubs is good idea and then foreign market should be key imo.

Star players from Championship should be too expensive for us with Webber already say we will not spend much .

Che Wilson ,Jarod Bowen ,Maupey etc is a top young players who have price tag at least 18-20 mil+

No way we to spend this amount for 1 player imo.

2 loan players should be ideal and same time we need more wide players and 1 more full back to be more balanced as a teams.

If Rhodes not stay we also need at least 1 more forward if we loan Srbeny then need 2 more in attack.

So all in all 1 or 2  wide players 1 full back 1 forward 1 keeper is must for balance and if they think we receive too many goals we need also better centre back  from this 4 currently in club(its obvious if come new one then Hanley or Klose must be moved)

Over all English market is very overpriced and Webber know that very good so I not believe we will buy more than one and probably loan 2 from top clubs is good idea and then foreign market should be key imo.

All I can predict is that we'll get one or two we've never heard off and none we are talking about. In Weber we trust 😀

Cheeky 3.5 million + Raggett or Franke bid for Huddersfield's Christopher Schindler 👍

In the PL you will lose most weeks. 

You play in fits and starts at a variety of days and times and can play one home game in a month. 

Players need the experience to deal with this, to move on and 'go again.' 

We have a young and inexperienced squad. I'd like to see an experienced 'good character' or two come in on loan as wages will be high. 

We pulled this off with Rhodes who, along with others, has done a great job around the team and squad. 

We now need that at PL level. 

19 hours ago, unique said:

Undoubtedly Farke and Webber already have their summer transfer targets primed.

Few supporters will want money thrown splashed out aka Fulham, and foreign unknowns may still be the club’s modus operandi.

However, there have been a number of standout performers in the Championship this season, so, if the price was right, would you want Norwich to try and sign any of the following?

Neal Maupay

Che Adams

Jarrod Bowen

Will Vaulks

Joe Lolley

Bradley Dack

Romaine Sawyers

I would have thought most, if not all, of those names are out of our price range. I simply can't see us signing any of them.

A name that is missing, though, and who might not cost a fortune is Dan James of Swansea. Really impressed with what I've seen of him this season and a team can always use someone with pace to burn! Again, though, likely to be too much.

Ritsu Doan was mentioned a while back and he looks a good fit. I think another name was Yusuf Yasiczi who also looked an interesting player.

From the players mentioned I am in favour of having Reece James  and Harry Wilson playing for us next season (loan or permanent). The point made about getting some PL experience in the squad is a valid one, but you would have to pay their wages too... 

I think Webber has been busy and like Heise may have a few deals ready to be triggered.

I do recall when we went up with Lambert we did our business early to try and settle players in. I think that is the right way.

With our scouting network I am certain we have seen some gems in the European leagues. A Greek international winger has been mentioned a few times. 

For me it is critical to get the right central midfielder who will be sitting in front of our defence. We know our full backs will go forward but we need this player to be strong, physical and positionally sound. This is the key addition to help our way of playing with TT as back up and possibly AT for one more year.

We need also a number 10 to challenge Marco, we need to find an energetic attacker, good with both feet and with a little bit of Buendias class to open up the opposition.

If Rhodes leaves then we need 1 very good striker and possibly another then Idah, srbeny and Morris can battle for that 4th place. The other 2 to go on loan, with recall options.

If pukki was to be injured we need at least one player ready to come in who can do the job.

Winger is required for pace and final ball, as we have shown we need that back up

Right back cover and probably competition at centre half and goalkeeper would be there in an ideal world

Time to use our contacts for loan options, Liverpool and spurs.

Just an exciting time with the type of players Webber and farke have been able to get in our championship squad, it then bodes well when we go up

On 23/04/2019 at 20:09, KeiranShikari said:

Go on, give us a 2019 version. Maybe some of those Ajax youngsters fancy a crack at the Premier League. 😁

If you insist 😉

GK - Predrag Rajkovic - Maccabi
GK - Yvon Mvogo - Leipzig

CB - Tin Jedvaj - Leverkeusen
CB - Matt Pennington - Everton
CB - Jack Stephens - Southampton

RB - David Carmona - Cadiz
RB - Yan Valery - Southampton

LB - Gian-Luca Itter - Wolfsburg
LB - Filippo Costa - Spal

DM - Ross McCrorie - Rangers
DM - Beni Baningime - Everton

CM - Aurelien Tchouameni - Bordeaux
CM - Agustin Almendra - Boca Juniors
CM - Salih Özcan - Cologne
CM - Olivier Kemen - Lyon

AM - Thiago Almada - Velez Sarsfield
AM - Yari Verschaeren - Anderlecht
AM - Chico Geraldes - SCP

WF - Kang-In Lee - Valencia
WF - Antonio Marin - Dinamo Zagreb
WF - Calvin Stengs - AZ Alkmaar
WF - Lewis Morgan - Celtic

CF - Josh Sargent - Werden Bremen
CF - Amine Gouiri - Lyon
CF - James Wilson - Man Utd

As per last time, a couple of these may be slightly optimistic, but these are all younger talents that I think would work well in our setup and particularly under Farke.

I'd like us to go with the majority of what got us here with two or three good additions and then a batch of "for the future" younger players. We should be giving the majority of these players the option to step up. They deserve it.

Would quite like Kalvin Phillips from Leeds, assuming they don't go up! A proper Alex Tettey replacement, always impresses when I watch him. 

A few more realistic potentials,

Jacob Murphy - Competition for Lewis. 

Alan Browne - Arguably Preston's best player. 

Said Benrahma - Quality player for Brentford. 

Grosicki - Competition for Hernandez. 

Harry Wilson (loan) - Competition for Buendia - Assuming Derby don't go up.