Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Who deserves a big big bonus.......

The staff who have recruited our shoestring budget players for me.

seriously who would have thought it would have turn out as well.

They have recruited players who most of us had never heard of, just shows that there are players out there who will give their all, if given a chance.

I am sure many other clubs will try to copy our recruitment policy.

Just hope we have learnt not to go and supplement our squad by buying premier league players, unsettling our together squad.

Our present squad is capable of a mid table position, as long as we keep them all.

there has to be some balance. We cant just go into next season making no purchases. There is a talented but slightly too lightweight feel to the squad if we have any ambitions of staying in the prem.

2 hours ago, Bradwell canary said:

The staff who have recruited our shoestring budget players for me.

seriously who would have thought it would have turn out as well.

They have recruited players who most of us had never heard of, just shows that there are players out there who will give their all, if given a chance.

I am sure many other clubs will try to copy our recruitment policy.

Just hope we have learnt not to go and supplement our squad by buying premier league players, unsettling our together squad.

Our present squad is capable of a mid table position, as long as we keep them all.

Obviously Buendia is a real feather in the cap for the recruitment guys and from what Webber has revealed, it looks as though a data analyst guy highlighted the fact that his statistics looked a little unusual for a player in a team who struggled against relegation and on the back of that he was scouted and eventually purchased.

However, I'd be interested to know how many of the Germans were a result of the scouting team or simply Farke's knowledge of the leagues over there and his previous connections. I would've expected at least the Dortmund-linked players were Farke's decision; Zimmermann, Leitner and Stiepermann?

Whoever had the initial idea that Pukki was worth looking at deserves a medal too.

6 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Obviously Buendia is a real feather in the cap for the recruitment guys and from what Webber has revealed, it looks as though a data analyst guy highlighted the fact that his statistics looked a little unusual for a player in a team who struggled against relegation and on the back of that he was scouted and eventually purchased.

However, I'd be interested to know how many of the Germans were a result of the scouting team or simply Farke's knowledge of the leagues over there and his previous connections. I would've expected at least the Dortmund-linked players were Farke's decision; Zimmermann, Leitner and Stiepermann?

Whoever had the initial idea that Pukki was worth looking at deserves a medal too.

Pukki was Farke's idea as well. The best signing from Webber/the scouts was Buendia

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann

Who deserves a big bonus? Paul Lambert if he can somehow get that shower of sh*t to take a point off the Blades next week :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Sooty57
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Pukki was Farke's idea as well. The best signing from Webber/the scouts was Buendia

I’m not sure if Pukki was ‘Farke’s idea’. But he did know of him from his days at Germany.

Even if a lot of the players were Farke’s idea it is still the recruitment team’s job to make sure they are good enough and fit the profile the club want. 

The flexibility of Norwich’s recruitment is part of what makes it special. Sometimes with a director of football the manager isn’t given enough remit to identify players, and when there isn’t a DoF the manager is given too much remit. Norwich seem to balance the two sides well. 

It is pretty clear that Trybull and Zimmermann were very much from Farke. The rest it is a bit less clear. Farke’s ‘German connections’ are often mentioned with transfers, but I imagine Webber had more connections in the 2. Bundesliga - it isn’t a league Farke had ever worked or played in. 

Farke was only at Dortmund a couple of years and wasn’t there when Stipermann or Vrancic were. Those were both players fairly well know in Germany - especially Vrancic who had impressed in his one season in the top tier there. 

Interestingly, most of the recruitment team (and specifically the data and analysis side), were at Norwich before Webber and brought in by Lee Darnbrough. It just seems they may have been ignored slightly by Alex Neil - which relates My earlier point about giving too much power to the manager. 

• Like 1

Ambassador Balls (formerly known as Chairman Balls) should be congratulated too. It was on his watch the new structure was implemented and he advocated the Sporting Director/Head Coach model that is currently working so well. 

Edited by Grant Holts Moustache

11 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I’m not sure if Pukki was ‘Farke’s idea’. But he did know of him from his days at Germany.

Even if a lot of the players were Farke’s idea it is still the recruitment team’s job to make sure they are good enough and fit the profile the club want. 

The flexibility of Norwich’s recruitment is part of what makes it special. Sometimes with a director of football the manager isn’t given enough remit to identify players, and when there isn’t a DoF the manager is given too much remit. Norwich seem to balance the two sides well. 

It is pretty clear that Trybull and Zimmermann were very much from Farke. The rest it is a bit less clear. Farke’s ‘German connections’ are often mentioned with transfers, but I imagine Webber had more connections in the 2. Bundesliga - it isn’t a league Farke had ever worked or played in. 

Farke was only at Dortmund a couple of years and wasn’t there when Stipermann or Vrancic were. Those were both players fairly well know in Germany - especially Vrancic who had impressed in his one season in the top tier there. 

Interestingly, most of the recruitment team (and specifically the data and analysis side), were at Norwich before Webber and brought in by Lee Darnbrough. It just seems they may have been ignored slightly by Alex Neil - which relates My earlier point about giving too much power to the manager. 

You are Dead right Alex Neil was known for Ignoring a lot of scouted players , i was told we had Lists of good players that he turned down were recommend by the scouting team 

All Norwich City fans, with a special award to Ricardo for his excellent reports.