Sign in to follow this  
Rivvo

Trybull

Farke said Trybull rolled his ankle and it's swollen. So I imagine they will have to wait until tomorrow to see how it's responding before they could make that prognosis. 

Depends on the damage, but sound imagine he's doubtful for Saturday. Tettey = party?

2 hours ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

I rolled my ankle about 3 weeks ago, and it is still sore, but i managed to walk my dog today, so here's hoping...................👍

....are you fit for Saturday? 😎

Gotta be Alex. A) a big physical presence should keep the game tight and B) it would be lovely to have such a great servant there to celebrate next week.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Gotta be Alex. A) a big physical presence should keep the game tight and B) it would be lovely to have such a great servant there to celebrate next week.

Not sure, but sense some bias toward Mr Tettey regarding this poster...

No time for sentiment in a game which we must not lose.

Farke has to pick who he thinks is most capable and will do the best job.

Could move Godfrey forward and bring in Klose at CB.

• Like 1

Tettey has been brilliant for us not denying that ,but better players at club now . So no Tettey for me

1 hour ago, Making Plans said:

Nothing to do with sentiment....why wouldn’t Tettey be the most capable and do the best job? He was the DM that got us to the top of the league. The only reason he’s not still in the team is because he got injured and Trybull took his chance . Tettey has done nothing wrong this season and will be a fantastic replacement for Trybull, if he is injured.

A game we must not lose.... so why would we move a defender into midfield rather than simply a like for like replacement with a player who has arguably been better as a DM over the course of the season.

With Tettey

Played 27

W 14 D 8 L 5

GF 51 GA 35

Clean Sheets 8

With Trybull

Played 23

W 12 D 8 L 3

GF 46 GA 29

Clean sheets 6

Equal win % with either in the team, overall stats very similar.

Trybull has to get through more work as McLean doesn’t come as deep for the ball as Leitner did with Tettey. Either system was effective as results prove so I’d simply excpect Tettey to come back in.

Seems to be some short memories as to what Tettey has done for us this season

Edited by Fiery Zac

I think the only issue with bringing Tettey straight back in is he hasn’t played since January (?). I’ll be surprised if he’s thrown straight back in to the starting line up after getting 0 minutes for months. I think we’ll see Leitner or Vrancic start alongside McLean - let’s get at them from the first whistle! 

• Like 1

There is plenty of recognition as to what AT has done for us, but like Wes etc, there may be a time when that has to come to an end. That time may be now. Like Swindon said , he didn't make the bench yesterday. I appreciate that it was TT who came in for that position, and he appears injured, but we need to be proactive against Blackburn (imo) and the likes of Leitner etc would be better ahead of AT at this time.

26 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Yeah Alex was playing very well till TT won the position by playing even better. I’d be amazed if Alex doesn’t come in.

In your opinion. Stats don’t prove that so it’s purely based on opinion. TT didn’t win the position, Tettey got injured and as Farke has shown, he then keeps faith with the player coming in. Wasn’t the talk lately that Trybull (along with Vrancic) was one of the players that the club were ok with selling?

I don’t think Tettey and McLean would make a good combination as would put too much pressure on Tettey to be on the ball more often than would be comfortable. Would need Leitner in to leave Alex to his normal game of breaking up play and playing the simple pass

Edited by Fiery Zac

All depends on AT's fitness. But for what Mario has done for us the last few games and what he brings to the team , I expect him to play though. Difficult one, admittedly...maybe AT for TT and Mario for McLean

1 hour ago, Fiery Zac said:

Equal win % with either in the team, overall stats very similar.

Trybull has to get through more work as McLean doesn’t come as deep for the ball as Leitner did with Tettey. Either system was effective as results prove so I’d simply excpect Tettey to come back in.

Seems to be some short memories as to what Tettey has done for us this season

Agree with all of this, we were playing great football before the Tettey/Leitner/Vrancic injuries and then others have come in and performed really well.

So there is no criticism of any of the players, with everybody fit we have an embarrassment of riches in midfield but, for me, the Tettey/Leitner combination is marginally better than Trybull/McLean.

For me Leitner would be the natural replacement, however in a game which we must not lose Alex has far better defensive capability. If it isn't Mo then I'd have to query if he really had a future at the club as I've heard pub talk rumours that he's been unhappy at being left out and has fell out with Farke. 

Either way I think Vrancic has to start, but I can't see Farke starting with Vrancic and Leitner with no Trybull as backup. So Alex in for me with Mario.

The other thing does Farke stick with Hernandez? He was shocking against Wigan, did little against Weds, awful again yesterday and to blame for their equaliser.

• Like 1

Would have thought this is a game we need to WIN rather than a game we must not LOSE

10 minutes ago, daly said:

Would have thought this is a game we need to WIN rather than a game we must not LOSE

We only need a point to get promotion so that has to be the first priority. A win will be a bonus

3 hours ago, Making Plans said:

I’m with this, can’t see it happening though, it will be Tettey back

I'd bring Tettey back for Trybull as a direct swap and then also drop McLean for Leitner. McLean hasn't quite reach his best in the recent run of draws and Tettey and Leitner have played together several times already this season so have something of a partnership.

I'd be tempted to bring Vrancic in for Stiepermann as well but think this has the potential to be quite unsettling as he lacks Stiepermann's pressing abilities; however, he is a big bloke so could be a nuisance closing down defenders, even if it's not really his game.

Saw the squad leaving Norwich Airport yesterday whilst waiting to pick someone up!
Tryball was walking but limping quite badly and couldn't seem to get his shoe on properly, therefore I wouldn't expect to see him again this season!

Don’t think Farke would have any worries about putting AT in for Saturdays game he has never let City down yet.Also I would have thought the home player rules played a part in him being absent from the bench yesterday.Should be a great evening whoever plays can’t wait.OTBC