Jump to content
Note to existing users - password reset is required Read more... ×

Recommended Posts

I've been following LUTV this year and the entitlement is astonishing. Of course since they lost, Connor and Joe are conspicuous by their absence. Not good enough,  if you're going to run a Channel for your fans, you have an obligation to cover all the games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5th and 6th in the final - I do feel a bit for WBA and Leeds, Derby 20 points behind us, Villa 18 points.  For the first 2/3rds of the season, they did play some great stuff.

Could be a bit tasty next season if, as I expect, FLDC don't go up - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48293097 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Generally I think the 3rd place team does better in the playoffs than the ones lower down, but it's rare that a top 2 team has imploded like Leeds and ended up down into 3rd so close to the end of the season.  It's amazing that Leeds spent more weeks in the top 2 than any other team all season, including City !  Of course, it only actually matters being top 2 at week 46, which they weren't !!

 

So no surprise that Leeds yet again defied the odds by failing to get through after winning the first leg way from home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the EFL financial fair play rumours are to be believed, the playoff final could be even bigger than it normally is for the two clubs involved.

Both have apparently attracted the attention of EFL investigators for potential infringements of the rules, Derby's "sale" of the ground looks particularly sketchy. They'll be emboldened by the no nonsense approach the governing bodies are talking over Chelsea and Man City.

It could be a case of the winner gets Premier League football and immunity from the EFL, the loser starts next season cut adrift at the bottom of the table with a points deduction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

You need to watch/listen to this folks, I’m dying! 😂😂😂

 

That is absolutely so fuggin funny.....It sounds like 'The Clangers on Acid'......Just my kinda hoomer.....I Luvs it!......Poor Leeds......I bet their pet whippets are cowering under their dining room tables.....

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

I'm not quite sure what this actually is but I'm betting they achieved it at the final whistle...

image.png.08950f910abbe68e79320704c131c9f7.png

There’s plenty of them in the crowd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

image.png.e640e12f731468de70128c85e354aae1.png

What's that all about ?

They got to the European Cup final in 1975, lost 2-0 to Bayern Munich, rioted and were banned for four years (reduced to two on appeal).

They claim the match was rigged, despite nearly crippling two of the opposition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

They got to the European Cup final in 1975, lost 2-0 to Bayern Munich, rioted and were banned for four years (reduced to two on appeal).

They claim the match was rigged, despite nearly crippling two of the opposition.

There were two controversial decisions. A Lorimer shot was ruled out because Bremner (I think it was) was deemed to be offside. That was probably arguable either way, but there was a stonewall penalty (the saintly Beckenbauer tripping Clarke) that wasn't given.

 It was an era when referees were bought, but generally it was Italian clubs that did the buying. It is just as possible that the referee couldn't bring himself to give a penalty against Beckenbauer. This happens in the Premier League, with star players getting away with it, particularly against smaller clubs.

Re Waccoe, I read on another Leeds forum that, yes, it does have some, er. characters posting, with colourful opinions colourfully expressed, but to its credit does a good job raising money for charity. Much like the PUPs here. Does that make this the Waccoe of Norwich City forums?😍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

There were two controversial decisions. A Lorimer shot was ruled out because Bremner (I think it was) was deemed to be offside. That was probably arguable either way, but there was a stonewall penalty (the saintly Beckenbauer tripping Clarke) that wasn't given.

 It was an era when referees were bought, but generally it was Italian clubs that did the buying. It is just as possible that the referee couldn't bring himself to give a penalty against Beckenbauer. This happens in the Premier League, with star players getting away with it, particularly against smaller clubs.

Re Waccoe, I read on another Leeds forum that, yes, it does have some, er. characters posting, with colourful opinions colourfully expressed, but to its credit does a good job raising money for charity. Much like the PUPs here. Does that make this the Waccoe of Norwich City forums?😍

 

7 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Does that make this the Waccoe of Norwich City forums?😍

No, insufficient F & C bombs.

And, much, much more humility.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Drazen Muzinic said:

 

No, insufficient F & C bombs.

And, much, much more humility.

 

I think you mean words

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

 

No, insufficient F & C bombs.

And, much, much more humility.

 

They don't do humility in Yorkshire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

There were two controversial decisions. A Lorimer shot was ruled out because Bremner (I think it was) was deemed to be offside. That was probably arguable either way, but there was a stonewall penalty (the saintly Beckenbauer tripping Clarke) that wasn't given.

 It was an era when referees were bought, but generally it was Italian clubs that did the buying. It is just as possible that the referee couldn't bring himself to give a penalty against Beckenbauer. This happens in the Premier League, with star players getting away with it, particularly against smaller clubs.

Re Waccoe, I read on another Leeds forum that, yes, it does have some, er. characters posting, with colourful opinions colourfully expressed, but to its credit does a good job raising money for charity. Much like the PUPs here. Does that make this the Waccoe of Norwich City forums?😍

both goals should have been given, though it could be argued that Bremner was marginally offside (by inches)

however had they have won would they still be claiming to be Champions of Europe 44 years later ?

does any club claim that years later ?

see for yourself

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bill said:

both goals should have been given, though it could be argued that Bremner was marginally offside (by inches)

however had they have won would they still be claiming to be Champions of Europe 44 years later ?

does any club claim that years later ?

see for yourself

 

There's one club not far from here still clinging to the days of yore...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

There's one club not far from here still clinging to the days of yore...

I wonder if in years to come they will regard being in the Championship for 17 years as their glorious history

times when they were rubbing shoulders with clubs that had once played in the PL, when they did not have to join the FA cup until January and they did not compete in the Johnstones (?) Paint Trophy

those were the glorious days when poorman road was sometimes more than half full, and having a bush on top of the stand was a novelty not a shrubbery protected by a tree preservation order

days when they were occasionally mentioned on Look East and About Anglia, and the players did not use a car sharing arrangement to get to away games

when a big mac and chips on the way home care of the owner meant one each for the players, not just one shared among the whole squad

and a big number 2 on their badge indicated they were in the second tier of English football, and was not an expression of what their grubby little club amounted to 😁

happy days..........................I think

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Bill said:

both goals should have been given, though it could be argued that Bremner was marginally offside (by inches)

however had they have won would they still be claiming to be Champions of Europe 44 years later ?

does any club claim that years later ?

see for yourself

Just one disallowed goal and Bremner, arguably or not, was offside when there was no such thing as 'interfering with play' etc.

Leeds got the hump because Der Kaiser insisted the ref think again about the goal after he had already given it and the lino had run back to the halfway line too.

The penalty seemed clear enough but, who can say they would've scored (Ok, Lorimer didn't miss many) or Bayern still didn't score two or more.

They always gloss over the career-ending tackles of Andersson and Hoeness too.

Their sense of misplaced injustice has been a shadow over them for almost 50 years and isn't helping their cause much now either. We wouldn't take nearly as much joy in their failures if they didn't carry round their conspiracy squit quite so readily.

 

 

 

Edited by Drazen Muzinic
Typos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bill said:

I wonder if in years to come they will regard being in the Championship for 17 years as their glorious history

times when they were rubbing shoulders with clubs that had once played in the PL, when they did not have to join the FA cup until January and they did not compete in the Johnstones (?) Paint Trophy

those were the glorious days when poorman road was sometimes more than half full, and having a bush on top of the stand was a novelty not a shrubbery protected by a tree preservation order

days when they were occasionally mentioned on Look East and About Anglia, and the players did not use a car sharing arrangement to get to away games

when a big mac and chips on the way home care of the owner meant one each for the players, not just one shared among the whole squad

and a big number 2 on their badge indicated they were in the second tier of English football, and was not an expression of what their grubby little club amounted to 😁

happy days..........................I think

 

1 minute ago, Bill said:

a big number 2

I think this just about sums up a lot connected with the club recently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

a big number 2

I think this just about sums up a lot connected with the club recently.

that was what was intended 🚾

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bill said:

that was what was intended 🚾

Just too subtle for me this afternoon. I've been in front of a PC since 8.00.

 

It wasn't Til though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Much like the PUPs here. Does that make this the Waccoe of Norwich City forums?😍

You mean there are other Norwich City Forums?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

Does that make this the Waccoe of Norwich City forums?😍

"We Are the Champions, Champions Of Eastanglia" 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr Angry said:

"We Are the Champions, Champions Of Eastanglia" 😀

WASTCOE

"We Are Still the Champions, Champions Of Eastanglia"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bill said:

WASTCOE

"We Are Still the Champions, Champions Of Eastanglia"

😂😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was watching the Leeds Vs Derby match and the picture went off. I tapped the side of my TV and Bamford fell over.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×