Jump to content
Note to existing users - password reset is required Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

The Title

Recommended Posts

Unless the scum do us a favour at the weekend.... it feels like the stage is set for that one, although not worth betting on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

Promotion 99% sure. The title however will be decided at Villa Park.

As long as we beat Blackburn then we'll only need a draw at Villa 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’ve only lost 2 on the road - party atmosphere at Villa Park with us guaranteed promotion (and them secure in play offs) - I think we’d be good for another point.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know scum might actually try in the last two. Chance to not finish dead last and really can't harm us now as title is nice to have but not necessary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Recent winners of the Championship; Leicester, Bournemouth, Newcastle, Wolves and Burnley still remain in the Premier League, so important we win it. Might get you over the line with transfers coming in and certainly better than scraping through the play-offs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beat Blackburn and we will be going into the Villa game three points ahead of Sheff Utd who will be at Stoke.

Unfortunately we will struggle to boost our goal difference when Sheff Utd have the binners - as from what I hear Brammall Lane which is also a cricket ground are looking to wheel out the cricket score board for the binners game.

 

ps the binners next two games virtually assures them of bottom place as I can't see them getting 4 points of Sheff Utd and Leeds so as to catch Bolton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sheff Utd have to be favourites to win the title. 

We just have to beat Blackburn to take that to the final day. 

It was a good point today and the three other draws were achieved under pressure and with character. The late Reading goal is the only black mark. 

We leak far too many goals and have been successful against the odds with a very young side. 

Four draws are frustrating but we never cracked as Leeds have and so we deserve to go up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Ramrod said:

Sheff Utd have to be favourites to win the title.

oh dear 🤣

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations on your certain promotion, which is richly deserved. I've been hugely impressed with your football. Which looks very Premier League to be fair. 

I can't believe that we are still in with a shout of caching you with 2 games to go. It's been a hell of a season, and neither of us were high in the betting at the start, so we can both be very proud, and only hope that we can keep our respective Managers. 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly guys, idc about being 1st or 2nd, coming from where we have in the last 12 -18 months, its phenomenal we are in the top two. Once the seasons done and dusted and the honours are sorted, it comes to the much more important task of the close season and both clubs preparing as best they can for life in the Prem. Last time out we got promoted  via the play offs, beating Boro in the final, so getting auto promotion is a step higher for DF and the club than it was under AN. Kudos to for Sheff Utd, they have to finish the job, which im sure they will and they also have come a long way in a short time. But, with a little help from Sergei tonight, we can, for once, make promotion official at the Carra. Funny how within an hour or two the moods completely changed. Saturday night can now be a joyous occasion, pressures off for fans and players alike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

👍 Blademark. The Blades have shown tremendous grit and determination over the past few weeks, and like us, nobody gave you much chance to succeed. So all respect to you. 

If it's us and you to duke it out now for the title, that sounds good to me, hope that Leeds are looking forward to two legs against Derby and possibly Villa again in the playoff final. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Blademark said:

Congratulations on your certain promotion, which is richly deserved. I've been hugely impressed with your football. Which looks very Premier League to be fair. 

I can't believe that we are still in with a shout of caching you with 2 games to go. It's been a hell of a season, and neither of us were high in the betting at the start, so we can both be very proud, and only hope that we can keep our respective Managers. 

Thanks blademark.

Have been impressed with how your lads have coped since the massive disappointment against millwall. Honestly thought that was your chances for autos pretty much done for. Great credit to your players and manager for putting that behind you. Look forward to meeting you in the PL next year!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those who fancy Sheff Utd for the title can fill their boots at 11/4 . 

They might do it but the bookies think 1/4 Norwich and 1/1000 to be promoted . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Blademark said:

Congratulations on your certain promotion, which is richly deserved. I've been hugely impressed with your football. Which looks very Premier League to be fair. 

I can't believe that we are still in with a shout of caching you with 2 games to go. It's been a hell of a season, and neither of us were high in the betting at the start, so we can both be very proud, and only hope that we can keep our respective Managers. 

you'll be most welcome to join us in the PL.... if only to keep out the dirty Leeds

 

ps don't laugh at our impoverished neighbours on Saturday, they really are the 'mighty' town - as I'm sure they will tell you.......repeatedly 😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bill said:

you'll be most welcome to join us in the PL.... if only to keep out the dirty Leeds

 

ps don't laugh at our impoverished neighbours on Saturday, they really are the 'mighty' town - as I'm sure they will tell you.......repeatedly 😆

They are cordially invited to our little party, I just hope they don't go and spoil it 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blademark said:

Congratulations on your certain promotion, which is richly deserved. I've been hugely impressed with your football. Which looks very Premier League to be fair. 

I can't believe that we are still in with a shout of caching you with 2 games to go. It's been a hell of a season, and neither of us were high in the betting at the start, so we can both be very proud, and only hope that we can keep our respective Managers. 

You can certainly keep yours! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should never have come to this 4 points from 12 available Only have ourselves to  blame if we miss out on the title

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The title means nothing as finishing 1st or 2nd place makes no difference, both get promotion to the premier league, both get unbelievably huge increases in revenue, both get the same amount of time to prepare for next season without division uncertainty.

Not saying it wouldn't be a nice pat on the back of course... but it's the promotion that is an incredible achievement and one that seemed impossible at the start of the season!

Which ever way the title goes, the journey to get here has been incredible and it will live long in the memory. Do yourself a favour and enjoy it while it's happening.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Blademark said:

They are cordially invited to our little party, I just hope they don't go and spoil it 😊

There’s more chance of peace in the Middle East in our lifetime.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Norwich R Us said:

The title means nothing as finishing 1st or 2nd place makes no difference, both get promotion to the premier league, both get unbelievably huge increases in revenue, both get the same amount of time to prepare for next season without division uncertainty.

Not saying it wouldn't be a nice pat on the back of course... but it's the promotion that is an incredible achievement and one that seemed impossible at the start of the season!

Which ever way the title goes, the journey to get here has been incredible and it will live long in the memory. Do yourself a favour and enjoy it while it's happening.

eh ?

are you suggesting there are supporters who are not enjoying this ?

and the title is massively important, not only the trophy, but knowing we deserved it and years down the line it will be the trophy they stays on the 'board', not 2nd place

I suspect though there are some who are scared or superstitious about 'little ole Norwich' getting above themselves so if we don't openly express a desire to win the title then we cannot be seen to have failed if we don't win it

well beggar that, we have been front runners for far too long just to step aside - and even if we are not 'little ole Norwich' clubs like ours don't see too much silverware so as far as I am concerned lets confirm promotion v Blackburn and tee us up with a three point lead to fight for the title at Villa

nothing less than what I expect the players, Farke et al will be doing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bill said:

eh ?

are you suggesting there are supporters who are not enjoying this ?

and the title is massively important, not only the trophy, but knowing we deserved it and years down the line it will be the trophy they stays on the 'board', not 2nd place

I suspect though there are some who are scared or superstitious about 'little ole Norwich' getting above themselves so if we don't openly express a desire to win the title then we cannot be seen to have failed if we don't win it

well beggar that, we have been front runners for far too long just to step aside - and even if we are not 'little ole Norwich' clubs like ours don't see too much silverware so as far as I am concerned lets confirm promotion v Blackburn and tee us up with a three point lead to fight for the title at Villa

nothing less than what I expect the players, Farke et al will be doing

I think for us to beat Blackburn after SU's inevitable tonking of 1p5wich thus setting up a final day Champions game would be fine. 

Both sides are away at Clubs with good squads. 

The players should want a title and a medal for themselves too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ramrod said:

I think for us to beat Blackburn after SU's inevitable tonking of 1p5wich thus setting up a final day Champions game would be fine. 

Both sides are away at Clubs with good squads. 

The players should want a title and a medal for themselves too. 

yep, that's how I see it

rather than this idiotic guff about only concentrating on promotion, which would only be applicable were City drawing v Blackburn and decided to 'play safe' and hold out for the draw

the play off winners get more than 2nd place !

we will be aiming to win both our next two games

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

This “settling for promotion” stuff just isn’t what people are saying, though.  It’s more that getting the title is a “nice-to-have” rather than a necessity, as the prize - PL football - is all-but the same.  Winning the title would be a side-effect of getting 4 or 6 points from the next two games, and clearly we want to win both matches and end on a high.  But if we do finish second, for me it wouldn’t take any shine off the season at all - as it never has done in the past.  We’ve taken everyone by surprise with great football and deserve to be where we are.  Finishing top would be the cherry on the icing on the cake, but we’ve already all-but got the cake and icing!

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d be slightly disappointed if we don’t finish top but if we don’t it really isn’t the end of the world, there’s likely to only be a fag paper between us and Sheff Utd either way and once pre season starts and thoughts turn to the Premier League season few will be bothered who finished where the year before. We shouldn't let potentially finishing second take the shine off what’s been achieved this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

This “settling for promotion” stuff just isn’t what people are saying, though.  It’s more that getting the title is a “nice-to-have” rather than a necessity, as the prize - PL football - is all-but the same.  Winning the title would be a side-effect of getting 4 or 6 points from the next two games, and clearly we want to win both matches and end on a high.  But if we do finish second, for me it wouldn’t take any shine off the season at all - as it never has done in the past.  We’ve taken everyone by surprise with great football and deserve to be where we are.  Finishing top would be the cherry on the icing on the cake, but we’ve already all-but got the cake and icing!

Precisely.

Bill you've completely missed the point. Do I want us to win the next two games? Yes. Do I want us to win the league? Absolutely.

Will it matter when that whistle blows to kick off the first game of the premier League season? Nope. You are peddling the little old Norwich image by talking as if a championship trophy will define us in the years to come, of course it won't!

Reading this forum I'm quite stunned by the amount of negativity, hysteria, finger pointing and pant wetting on show, attacking the players and the manager who are on what a 12 match unbeaten run? Who have lost 1 game this calendar year?! It's just so uncalled for given where we are and what we've unexpectedly achieved, so yes I am trying to bring back a little perspective here. Please everyone, enjoy it! Don't be a negative misery guts if it doesn't pan out the way we'd of course all prefer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Norwich R Us said:

Will it matter when that whistle blows to kick off the first game of the premier League season? Nope. You are peddling the little old Norwich image by talking as if a championship trophy will define us in the years to come, of course it won't!

Nope. Thats how you are trying to spin it.

I have never claimed or implied that a "trophy will define us in the years to come". What I have stated, and aimed at the ever so umble', is that not only is the title well within our grasp but is something that will be another trophy in the cabinet, and a medal for players and others alike. A fitting and worthy reward for all involved.

Wanting to achieve that hardly equates to me having a 'little old Norwich mentalit  quite the opposite in fac. And stating that our sort don't win that much is to put us on the same level of almost every other league club outside of the top six or so as that is where the PL title, FA Cup and League Cup end up most years now.

And there is no trophy for staying im the PL either. When next we are this close to winning a trophy I can only hazard a guess at, so while we are this close then it has to be an absolute want.

Having been to Wembley twice in the 70's I don't recall 'just making it there' compensated for not winning the trophy . And being 'little old norwich' would be to claim that being a losing finalist is good enough for us.

At this moment promotion is an almost certainty, and there is every likelihood that we will go into the final game 3 points clear at the top, but I should be grateful (so it seems) if we then fail because we will still receive a lot of money....... dear me 🤨

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK time out..... let's get three points against Blackburn and enjoy that night as a celebration of our outstanding football season, and (unexpected) promotion. We have all deserved this in our different ways. These moments come very infrequently, enjoy it. 

Then we just need a point against Villa to take the title. Doesn't matter if Stoke are on the beach or scare the hell out of Sheff Utd, they can lose 20 - nil as far as we care, if we get that point. A 0-0 or 4-4 I don't care, a point will have us top of the league and Champions. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/04/2019 at 00:13, Bill said:

Nope. That's how you are trying to spin it.

I have never claimed or implied that a "trophy will define us in the years to come". What I have stated, and aimed at the ever so umble', is that not only is the title well within our grasp but is something that will be another trophy in the cabinet, and a medal for players and others alike. A fitting and worthy reward for all involved.

Wanting to achieve that hardly equates to me having a 'little old Norwich mentalit  quite the opposite in fac. And stating that our sort don't win that much is to put us on the same level of almost every other league club outside of the top six or so as that is where the PL title, FA Cup and League Cup end up most years now.

And there is no trophy for staying in the PL either. When next we are this close to winning a trophy I can only hazard a guess at, so while we are this close then it has to be an absolute want.

Having been to Wembley twice in the 70's I don't recall 'just making it there' compensated for not winning the trophy . And being 'little old norwich' would be to claim that being a losing finalist is good enough for us.

At this moment promotion is an almost certainty, and there is every likelihood that we will go into the final game 3 points clear at the top, but I should be grateful (so it seems) if we then fail because we will still receive a lot of money....... dear me 🤨

Hooray for Bill (yet again) 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×