Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

We're Up!

Its important to finish 3rd or 4th when in the play offs I believe because then you get to play the semi final second leg sat home.

2 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Its important to finish 3rd or 4th when in the play offs I believe because then you get to play the semi final second leg sat home.

Is it more important than Abraham turning an ankle and missing the playoffs? Or Kodjia doing a knee? or Grealish getting sent off and suspended?

They aren't risking their better players to kill themselves securing home advantage. They'll rest half the team.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Yes 1st leg is 6th v 3rd and 5th v 4th so home advantage for 2nd leg. 

I think...having thought a bit more ... that we should be backing ourselves to win both. We've scored the most goals, we've lost the least matches. We are the best team in the league.

It doesn't always work out like that with 4 draws in a row but the odds must be very decent. 

• Like 3

I'm confident but can't celebrate yet as much as I want to. Villa are now guaranteed play offs so might rest some or hold back tomorotect themselves so could be beaten by leeds(although funny enough I expect them to play like world beaters against us!)

But its quite possible Leeds beat villa 2-0 and scum 4-0 meaning a couple of 2-0 defeats for us will be enough for them.

I don't think it will happen but 10 goals isn't quite as impossible as it may seem. I don't expect us to crush Blackburn now though with pressure somewhat lifted

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

I fancy the scum for a cheeky win.

enough to put a few quid on? , reckon the odds are decent.

34 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

It's exhausting. I quite literally beat myself up when they scored the second by punching the wall (it still hurts). I then refused to go out and play football with my son after the game and sat indoors on my own. Then the Leeds game finishes and I'm like a different person, happy and full of the joys of spring. I probably shouldn't admit all of that but Jesus, give us a f***ing break.

I noticed it ATGs. Posts got a bit spiky. I was getting jarred off with all the miserablists on here after another away point and an extension to a lengthy unbeaten run. Checked we were still top of the table, tried to say we are still going up with Blackburn coming up but realised I was being grumpy with the family so I stopped watching and posting.

Played some video games with my son, had a bit of tea (well Easter Egg) then checked the Leeds score not expecting much.

Now, I am on cloud nine and I’m sure a point will be gained on Saturday. As for the title? Who knows, there’s a lot of football to play. Anything is possible. Except a Binner win.🤣

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, glory.win or die. said:

I'm confident but can't celebrate yet as much as I want to. Villa are now guaranteed play offs so might rest some or hold back tomorotect themselves so could be beaten by leeds(although funny enough I expect them to play like world beaters against us!)

But its quite possible Leeds beat villa 2-0 and scum 4-0 meaning a couple of 2-0 defeats for us will be enough for them.

I don't think it will happen but 10 goals isn't quite as impossible as it may seem. I don't expect us to crush Blackburn now though with pressure somewhat lifted

So you think we'll go up by virtue of goals scored seeing as goal difference will be level and that's the next tie breaker...

11 goals difference as we’ve scored more. Never happening 

4 minutes ago, glory.win or die. said:

do you ever smile?

I

1 minute ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

I noticed it ATGs. Posts got a bit spiky. I was getting jarred off with all the miserablists on here after another away point and an extension to a lengthy unbeaten run. Checked we were still top of the table, tried to say we are still going up with Blackburn coming up but realised I was being grumpy with the family so I stopped watching and posting.

Played some video games with my son, had a bit of tea (well Easter Egg) then checked the Leeds score not expecting much.

Now, I am on cloud nine and I’m sure a point will be gained on Saturday. As for the title? Who knows, there’s a lot of football to play. Anything is possible. Except a Binner win.🤣

Sums it up for me too Drazeno, felt sick as a pig after our game, now, i could kiss one. brentford were terrific, and a blade mate and i are gonna go halves on a tin of biscuits to send to them.

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

I've cracked open the Peroni.

hardly saw any of the second half, had to go and walk round the garden listening to the oh's and ah's from the front room.

Even the sofa no comfort today Ricky?! Nerves must’ve been totally shot!

1 hour ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

Unless you’re LDC who probably thinks Leeds still have a chance (but they technically do (they don’t))

Where is he tonight? Did he go to Stoke? Or is he typing a MASSIVE post on not counting chickens or something?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

I

Sums it up for me too Drazeno, felt sick as a pig after our game, now, i could kiss one. brentford were terrific, and a blade mate and i are gonna go halves on a tin of biscuits to send to them.

Seen that official Brentford FC tweet that just says...”You’re Welcome...”

Pure class!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Where is he tonight? Did he go to Stoke? Or is he typing a MASSIVE post on not counting chickens or something?

I am the not counting chickens person tonight! But I damned well will be in my sleep.

Edited by sonyc
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

I believe the club have kidnapped him, due to his massive negativity, and will only release him once we're promoted 😉

If you say something funny I will let you know .

will probably be wind

2 hours ago, glory.win or die. said:

The goal difference is effectively 11 as our goals scored is so much higher.  Does that make you feel better?

quite like the idea that it's not quite guaranteed until our home game anyway. Will make for a nice party. Might be worth a couple of quid at like 500 to 1 on is not to tho just in case... can upgrade from the bottle of whiskey to drown any sorrows to something less legal then if the worst happens 😂

3 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Dirty Leeds play Ipswich . It could be double figures. 

After what I saw at Brentford, I was going to have a cheeky bet on Ipswich 11 Leeds 0 too 👍

Norwich 0-2 blackburn

Leeds 3-0 Villa 

Villa 3-0 Norwich

Ipswich 0-4 Leeds

......unlikely but not impossible......and something ipswich would only be too happy to be complicit in.

No chickens being counted here

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, sonyc said:

We are almost there. But I still cannot fully celebrate. Here is why:

Sheff Utd will surely beat the binners and will go top of the league (on superior GD) just before our match on Saturday. I reckon that is good for us though as it will give that absolute edge to the match (again!). I want us to take the title and it looks as if it would have to be at Villa ....whatever our result against Blackburn.

Yet, lose against Blackburn (say by 2 goals) and Leeds beat Villa by 3 goals on the Sunday. Then we have a final game where we might lose by 1 and Leeds hammer the scum. We end up 3rd. 

It isn't over yet. I cannot get too excited yet. Cannot wait to have it nailed. But this is like some weird drawn out drama.

I'm glad you said it, not me, but I can't celebrate it until we cross the line either. Ten goals is not insurmountable as a goal difference, as you say - and that is why there is pressure on the team this Saturday.  

We are undoubtedly in a fantastic position and fundamentally, it should be a great occasion on Saturday, but there is still some unknowns, given that Leeds play on the Sunday.  Yes, we should go all out for the win and make it a great day, but it is a pressure game, without a doubt.  The job is not done until it is done.

3 hours ago, sonyc said:

I think...having thought a bit more ... that we should be backing ourselves to win both. We've scored the most goals, we've lost the least matches. We are the best team in the league.

It doesn't always work out like that with 4 draws in a row but the odds must be very decent. 

How dare you !

Join the others, wring your cap and be grateful that if we pack the defence and scrape a draw on Saturday we will be elevated to the promised land.

Only a mad fool who has lost all touch with reality would countenance anything less.

2 hours ago, Icecream Snow said:

Bet 365 have our promotion chances at 1/1000, and the others aren't even offering any odds.

What are the odds for not getting promoted (automatically). That's worth hedging...

Edited by All the Germans
Totally mis-read the original message...

Ok. So for us not to be promoted from here we need to lose back to back games (has not happened since August) be beaten at home by two goals or more (happened once all season) be beaten away by two goals or more (has happened once this season). This effectively would mean we finish the season worse than we started it. We would record 25% of our total losses in two games for the season AND

Leeds need to win at home to a team that is on the leagues longest winning streak (make no bones about it, Villa will come for Leeds as they are almost guaranteed to be a playoff rival) by at least 2 goals and defeat admittedly the worst team in the division away by 5 goals. Leeds have not done this at all this season! Home or Away.

How on earth are there people who think we are not promoted? Mystifying.

• Thanks 1