Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

We're Up!

4 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

What was going on in there then and was the missus involved?

Haha very good MP 😂

(Sorry, our of ‘likes’!)

4 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

What was going on in there then and was the missus involved?

Haha very good MP 😂

(Sorry, out of ‘likes’!)

20 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

We will celebrate the title with a win over Blackburn and the place will go berk serk.

It's lovely here in Cornwall but I wish I was in a Norwich pub right now.

I reckon Ricardo will fire his leg over tonight and sleep like a bairn.

Title will only be available on Sat if Ipswich beat Sheffield at Bramall Lane, not going to happen 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Leeds are not going to turn round a 10 goal deficit in 2 games which includes Villa at home. Happy time! Where's the corkscrew? 

PS Ricardo you can come out from behind the settee😂

Dirty Leeds play Ipswich . It could be double figures. 

39 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Leeds are not going to turn round a 10 goal deficit in 2 games which includes Villa at home. Happy time! Where's the corkscrew? 

PS Ricardo you can come out from behind the settee😂

Dirty Leeds play Ipswich . It could be double figures. 

Title will only be available on Sat if Ipswich beat Sheffield at Bramall Lane, not going to happen 

Can we have a bit more positivity. Our soon to be departed rivals will go out with a bang and celebrate our good fortune while dismissing theirs.

I perversely feel a bit sorry for Leeds.  One of my least favourite clubs, but there for the grace of *insert deity of preference* go us.

Edited by Orly

8 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Can we have a bit more positivity. Our soon to be departed rivals will go out with a bang and celebrate our good fortune while dismissing theirs.

If this happens Young Keelan I will search you out and buy you a large one 😂

14 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

That is incorrect

Edited by norfolkbroadslim

I couldn't watch or look for the second half. Had to go for a 45 minute dog walk (she is now snoozing and shattered as we went over the moor!).

We are almost there. But I still cannot fully celebrate. Here is why:

Sheff Utd will surely beat the binners and will go top of the league (on superior GD) just before our match on Saturday. I reckon that is good for us though as it will give that absolute edge to the match (again!). I want us to take the title and it looks as if it would have to be at Villa ....whatever our result against Blackburn.

Yet, lose against Blackburn (say by 2 goals) and Leeds beat Villa by 3 goals on the Sunday. Then we have a final game where we might lose by 1 and Leeds hammer the scum. We end up 3rd. 

It isn't over yet. I cannot get too excited yet. Cannot wait to have it nailed. But this is like some weird drawn out drama.

Final note...Thank You Sergi Canos!

....I had to find a positive sonewhere.

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Orly said:

I perversely feel a bit sorry for Leeds.  One of my least favourite clubs, but there for the grace of *insert deity of preference* go us.

Feeling sorry for Leeds

sorry but I just did a big old LOL🤣

I'm done, I don't know why I put myself through this. I've gone from excited this morning, to happy when we scored (x2), to nervous when they scored (x2), to furious at around 5pm to elated after the Leeds game. I'm worn out.

6 minutes ago, sonyc said:

I couldn't watch or look for the second half. Had to go for a 45 minute dog walk (she is now snoozing and shattered as we went over the moor!).

Sheff Utd will surely beat the binners and will go top of the league (on superior GD) just before our match on Saturday. I reckon that is good for us though as it will give that absolute edge to the match (again!). I want us to take the title and it looks as if it would have to be at Villa ....whatever our result against Blackburn.

Yet, lose against Blackburn (say by 2 goals) and Leeds beat Villa by 3 goals on the Sunday. Then we have a final game where we might lose by 1 and Leeds hammer the scum. We end up 3rd. 

It isn't over yet. I cannot get too excited yet. Cannot wait to have it nailed. But this is like some weird drawn out drama.

Sonyc, Sonyc, that can't possibly happen.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Fair points

but The big thing is promotion is fully back in our hands - by drawing with Blackburn. With the pressure off, I fully expect us to beat them. But a point guarantees a top two finish.

we should win the title but it’s not crucial to me.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sonyc said:

12 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Never happening. We’re up

Edited by JF
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

Sonyc, Sonyc, that can't possibly happen.

I know .....it's terrible. I cannot take much more drama. It's wonderful but starts to affect your sleep as you wake up thinking one more day then it's the match...and so on. So...the mind runs away with all kinds of permutations. I suppose of all the top 3 teams, who wouldn't want to be in our place?

I think I've emotionally connected so much with this group of players and manager. And I've watched us for over 50 years.

• Like 1

I will counter with what are Leeds and Sheff Utds views on who will now go up and who will take the title

If it was us in Leeds position and someone on here claimed that the team at the top would lose both games and we would beat Villa and overturn a 10 goal difference they would suggest that you were Lakey of a box full of happy pills such would be the extreme levels of 'positivity'.

As to Sheff Utd they still have 3 points to make up, with them having just a stiff test at Stoke as we have at Villa. If we both win on Saturday they cannot afford us to pick up a point at Villa and them to drop one. Even then we won't be sure of what goal difference there might be.

Stay calm, we will do it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

I'm done, I don't know why I put myself through this. I've gone from excited this morning, to happy when we scored (x2), to nervous when they scored (x2), to furious at around 5pm to elated after the Leeds game. I'm worn out.

Just remember you are not alone. I had to go out for a walk just after the equalised. Couldn't stick it any longer.

Feel a bit better now that the Peroni is working.

Just hope we bl**dy hammer Blackburn. They were a set of barstewards at their place nibbling our players. I really woukd like us to turn them over. 3 or 4 goals would be nice.

4 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Just remember you are not alone. I had to go out for a walk just after the equalised. Couldn't stick it any longer.

Feel a bit better now that the Peroni is working.

It's exhausting. I quite literally beat myself up when they scored the second by punching the wall (it still hurts). I then refused to go out and play football with my son after the game and sat indoors on my own. Then the Leeds game finishes and I'm like a different person, happy and full of the joys of spring. I probably shouldn't admit all of that but Jesus, give us a f***ing break.

Edited by All the Germans
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

It's exhausting. I quite literally beat myself up when they scored the second by punching the wall (it still hurts). I then refused to go out and play football with my son after the game and sat indoors on my own. Then the Leeds game finishes and I'm like a different person, happy and full of the joys of spring. I probably shouldn't admit all of that but Jesus, give us a f***ing break.

Most of us are the same. It's what supporting a team like NCFC is all about, enjoy it.

You could always go and support Man City or Liverpool if you want an easy ride.😉

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

hardly saw any of the second half, had to go and walk round the garden listening to the oh's and ah's from the front room.

That milkman is far too friendly with your missus, if you ask me 😋

Edited by Bill

WBA play Rotheram before Villa play Leeds. Regardless, Villa need a win at Leeds to get to that 4th spot. WBA then away to Derby last game. Unfortunately it looks as though Villa could be looking for a win against us.

Why would Villa care about finishing 4th or 5th? They'll play West Brom either way. Not sure if I'm missing something, or you are Capt Pants!

They aren't risking Tammy Abraham and Grealish etc because they're desperate for home advantage in second leg. They've won 10 straight.

Edited by kick it off

6 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

WBA play Rotheram before Villa play Leeds. Regardless, Villa need a win at Leeds to get to that 4th spot. WBA then away to Derby last game. Unfortunately it looks as though Villa could be looking for a win against us.

as have been all the other 22 clubs this season

it's what happens

Ipswich to get a point at Sheff Utd before we play Blackburn, we stuff them 3-0, and everything is good. Then we can go stuff Villa 4-1 just to make the point who's best.