Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

That was a priceless point today

Be a bit careful

Current GD is 10 - imagine : Norwich 0-2 Blackburn Leeds 3-1 Villa 

It's now GD of 6 - Imagine Villa 3-1 Norwich   Ipswich 0-5 Leeds 

It's now a GD of -1 and Leeds go up instead of us. 

So let's get at least a point against Blackburn ..... then this for sure does not matter.

I'd like to see the odds on a Leeds 3 Villa 1 scoreline right now. Of course we still need a point, but if we hadn't got a point today, then people would be saying that  a point vs Blackburn would still be wobbly.

Leeds are in a bit of shock at the moment, and they have the in form Villa to play next week. Villa would love to lay a marker down for the play-offs as those two would be favourites to play each other at Wembley 

1 hour ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

Actually I'd price that point being worth about £150million.

But I do agree wholeheartedly with the sentiment.

so what would you price each of the other 87 points ?

Just now, Crabbycanary3 said:

I'd like to see the odds on a Leeds 3 Villa 1 scoreline right now. Of course we still need a point, but if we hadn't got a point today, then people would be saying that  a point vs Blackburn would still be wobbly.

Leeds are in a bit of shock at the moment, and they have the in form Villa to play next week. Villa would love to lay a marker down for the play-offs as those two would be favourites to play each other at Wembley 

like the marker Boro laid down when they beat us at CR a few games before the playoffs in 2014 ?

or the marker Sunderland laid down when they also beat us at home, this time just before the Milk Cup final ?

1 minute ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Yeah I agree with you. Villa to go all out to beat Leeds and then rest up against Norwich sounds like the most sensible sports psychology/physiology approach. 

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

like the marker Boro laid down when they beat us at CR a few games before the playoffs in 2014 ?

or the marker Sunderland laid down when they also beat us at home, this time just before the Milk Cup final ?

Pretty sure that Boro and Sunderland were not on the back of 10 successive wins

On 22/04/2019 at 21:13, Bill said:

so what would you price each of the other 87 points ?

If I got a pound for every one of your pointless posts I'd have about £25k in the bank. 🙂

On 22 April 2019 at 22:08, Surfer said:

Be a bit careful

Current GD is 10 - imagine : Norwich 0-2 Blackburn Leeds 3-1 Villa 

It's now GD of 6 - Imagine Villa 3-1 Norwich   Ipswich 0-5 Leeds 

It's now a GD of -1 and Leeds go up instead of us. 

So let's get at least a point against Blackburn ..... then this for sure does not matter.

Surfer, I am all for not counting chickens, and for not jinxing us, but from memory we have only lost two games this season  by more than the odd goal, and one was back in August and the other when  we missed a penalty at 2-0.

At a tangent, fans of other clubs are still obsessed with our late goals (actually we haven't had that many recently) but they forget Reading's 97th minute equaliser. If that had happened and we hadn't scored the equally late equaliser against Sheffield Wednesday we would be promoted now.

7 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Surfer, I am all for not counting chickens, and for not jinxing us, but from memory we have only lost two games this season  by more than the odd goal, and one was back in August and the other when  we missed a penalty at 2-0.

At a tangent, fans of other clubs are still obsessed with our late goals (actually we haven't had that many recently) but they forget Reading's 97th minute equaliser. If that had happened and we hadn't scored the equally late equaliser against Sheffield Wednesday we would be promoted now.

Erm,  QPR 85, Reading 86, 88. Wigan 81, Sheffield Wednesday 97. That's 5 in the last 5 games?

Edited by CanaryChris

1 hour ago, CanaryChris said:

Erm,  QPR 85, Reading 86, 88. Wigan 81, Sheffield Wednesday 97. That's 5 in the last 5 games?

I was defining "late" in terms of being in added time, and especially right at the end of added time and even  after the "...a minimum of ..." added time.

Before the Sheffield Wednesday game the last added-time goal we scored was against Wigan, and that was mere consolation. Our previous added-time goal that meant something in terms of points was way back in late December against Forest. Admittedly we scored two of those then...