Sign in to follow this  
Canary Wundaboy

The form table

Top of the form table are... 

Aston Villa

Blackburn

Got a nasty feeling that we've bottled it. 

Edited by Canary Wundaboy
  • Confused 1

We've really f*cked this up haven't we. 

Title is gone, we have to hope Leeds lose/lose or lose/draw v Brentford and Villa. 

Cannot believe Wilder is going to be champion. Guess they got manager of the season spot on. 

4 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Top of the form table are... 

Aston Villa

Blackburn

Got a nasty feeling that we've bottled it. 

That's the spirit. 👍

• Haha 2

Ffs we’ve not even played those games yet! Rediscover our form and we could take all 6 points. We certainly are making a situation that should have been pretty much easy a hard task but going in to the last 2 games both Leeds and Shef Utd would snap your hands off for our position. 

Depends what table you look at. Over the past 8 we're 3rd, Blackburn are 5th.

On 22/04/2019 at 18:28, AJ said:

Depends what table you look at. Over the past 8 we're 3rd, Blackburn are 5th.

Absolutely. This thread was started by the same poster who couldn't see Brentford beating Leeds.

I hate it when people have already played games in their head to spread doom and gloom.

All to play for - happy with anything between 1 & 6 points from the last two.

23 hours ago, splendidrush said:

Don't worry, they'll be selling nappies outside the ground on Saturday. 

With some nice brown trousers to pull over them!

3 defeats since November probably puts us top of the form league.

Leeds have lost two in their last two. 🙂

Edited by Iwans Big Toe
  • Like 1

On 22/04/2019 at 17:29, canarydan23 said:

We've really f*cked this up haven't we. 

Title is gone, we have to hope Leeds lose/lose or lose/draw v Brentford and Villa. 

Cannot believe Wilder is going to be champion. Guess they got manager of the season spot on. 

:classic_biggrin:

Edited by Van wink

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

If Villa are top of the form table then they’ll beat Leeds on Sunday 

This tends to be ignored🙃

So if the two at the top do their stuff it's all over🙃

Villa's form was what it needed to be to get them from where they were 10 games ago...languishing around 14th to securing a playoff place.

....now theyre there, I wonder if they might take the foot off the gas until the playoffs come round??

Where were we in the form table when we started our winning run last september ?

And where were we in that table when we lost to Preston, or when we began the recent run of draws  ?

After all if form is any guide then we should not have lost to Preston, and we will draw both our next two games.

44 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Villa's form was what it needed to be to get them from where they were 10 games ago...languishing around 14th to securing a playoff place.

....now theyre there, I wonder if they might take the foot off the gas until the playoffs come round??

So the form table has no reliability for Villa so although Blackburn could do us Villa will lay down and have their tummies tickled....

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

So the form table has no reliability for Villa so although Blackburn could do us Villa will lay down and have their tummies tickled....

Not quite....Blackburn have no reason to do anything than play their strongest team

Villa having now secured a top 6 spot may now choose to manage their squad ahead of the playoffs

...might they rest a few vs Leeds...and then bring everyone back for their last game against us as a rehersal for the playoffs?...might they play their 1st XI vs Leeds and play a completely different team against us , resting everyone?

Whatever they do, they naturally wont be playing with the same mentality they were when a top 6 place was in the balance

12 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Not quite....Blackburn have no reason to do anything than play their strongest team

Villa having now secured a top 6 spot may now choose to manage their squad ahead of the playoffs

...might they rest a few vs Leeds...and then bring everyone back for their last game against us as a rehersal for the playoffs?...might they play their 1st XI vs Leeds and play a completely different team against us , resting everyone?

Whatever they do, they naturally wont be playing with the same mentality they were when a top 6 place was in the balance

This is fantastic. Villa will lay down and let Leeds tickle their tummies before going all out to beat us. Do you write novels?

Blackburn have won their last 4, which were against:

Derby (Home 2-0)
Forest (Away 2-1)
QPR (Away 2-1)
Bolton (Home 2-0)

Derby & Forest were fairly good results but QPR & Bolton wins are nothing spectacular.

They lost at home to Stoke prior to that.

Merely surmising what Dean Smith might do over the next two games.....sounds as if you already know though......and actually I proferred 2 scenarios where they may actually play their 1st XI vs Leeds but their 2nd XI against us...but its interesting that you chose not to quote that one

Fool

5 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

This is fantastic. Villa will lay down and let Leeds tickle their tummies before going all out to beat us. Do you write novels?

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

4 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Merely surmising what Dean Smith might do over the next two games.....sounds as if you already know though......and actually I proferred 2 scenarios where they may actually play their 1st XI vs Leeds but their 2nd XI against us...but its interesting that you chose not to quote that one

Fool

As I already said I have no idea how these games will pan out.

Do you really think these scenarios through like this in your head GJ?

Was calling me a fool irony?????

Edited by nutty nigel

....and any reason why Dean Smith might not be thinking how best to manage his squad over the next 2 games?

.....this will be interesting

...and yes...if the cap fits

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Do you really think these scenarios through like this in your head GJ?

Was calling me a fool irony?????

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

27 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

....and any reason why Dean Smith might not be thinking how best to manage his squad over the next 2 games?

.....this will be interesting

...and yes...if the cap fits

I expect Dean Smith will manage his squad in whichever way is the most detrimental to us GJ.

Am I getting the hang of this?

There's a sort of paranoid narcissism running through these threads, as if all the other teams only care about us.

Then again, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you ....... 

• Like 3

It is a bit weird - I’d have thought Villa would be keen to keep their form up, so would play their strongest side and go for wins…though might possibly not risk anyone with a niggle if it was likely to put them out of the play-off games.  

As to the ‘form table’, it is rather meaningless - Blackburn had a decent result against Derby, but the others are a bit ‘whatever’.  They will certainly test us and not be a walkover, but when the chips are down we ought to expect to come away with a point or three from the game if we go about our business ‘properly’.

Edited by Branston Pickle

Imagine a Vrančić equaliser in the 90+7th against Blackburn ! (or anyone's come to that!)

I think there's more chance of Villa resting players against us than Leeds.

If Villa rest their first team for both matches, they'll risk being undercooked for the Playoffs after nearly three weeks without a game.

If Villa play a full strength side in both games, they risk being fatigued after a long, intense run of games.

The happy middleground is playing most of the first team against Leeds and resting them against us. Hopefully.

Expect to face two fully fit first teams. We have nothing to fear. No one in this league has done a double on us this season and we are aiming to do the double on both the teams we are about to face.