Sign in to follow this  
Jsim1986

Brentford v Leeds

3 minutes ago, paddycanary said:

Will the job be finalised at Fortress Carrow?

If Leeds don't beat Villa then we will be promoted without kicking a ball.

Massively got away with it over last 4 games;

But we're nearly there.

Lets just get an early goal, settle the nerves and finish it off in style!

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

If Leeds don't beat Villa then we will be promoted without kicking a ball.

The Leeds vs Villa game is on Sunday, we're got a very late kick off on Saturday

Well they huffed and puffed but couldn't blow the Brentford defence down.

I watched them and when they had to up the pace they didn't have the skill levels of us to control the ball.

I think we can have a little celebratory drink now and toast everyone associated with NCFC and thank them for making the dream come true.

As I read it Villa cannot catch Leeds,  and FL's Derby can only overhaul Villa by winning all 3 of their remaining games and Villa losing both of theirs. 

The point being that a point against Leeds for Villa guarantees them fifth place and they are then playing West Brom whatever the remaining results. So maybe they will ease up against us before the play-offs - here's hoping.

So maybe they will ease up against us before the play-offs 

Although we will be their last home league game, I cannot see them risking some of their better players against us, risking injury or dismissal.

31 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

But we're nearly there.

CDM, its not what we done over the last 4 matches, but the last 44.  Thru the course of the season all teams have good spells and not so good (excepting the binners), but its the two most consistent sides over 46 games that get promoted and we are one of the two. If you look at the last dozen or so games both City and Sheff Utd  have been more consistent then Leeds, thats why we are the ones heading to the Prem.

As it stands we have done ok in the last 4 games, having a 7 or 8 point lead with half a dozen games left can be a difficult thing for a squad who mostly have never tasted life in the Prem or been in this situation before. If we had been WWDWWDWWDWWD in the last 12 games we would have said thats one heck of a consistent run, its been WWWWWWWWDDDD, same 12 match unbeaten run, same points amount, just in a different order. As for the title,Sheff Utd must rightly fancy their chances now, but who cares?..not me..just think of last season...even the first 4 or 5 games of this season..we are heading for the Prem. Its what both clubs do in the summer , players in / out, that will tstify how both cope in life with the big boys next season. OTBC.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Brentford won't beat Leeds. 

Oh yes they did! #Otbc up the Bees:classic_laugh: dirty Leeds scum are hated in West London too apparently

To be honest that was not an unexpected result. Great it happened though - cheers to all Bees fans! 🍻

Now for an unexpected result - Ipswich can you please grab a point at Sheff United?

58 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Now for an unexpected result - Ipswich can you please grab a point at Sheff 

Optimism is one thing..... but don't take the p!ss. 😁

3 hours ago, CDMullins said:

But we're nearly there.

that can only be done if the binners draw or beat Sheff Utd, otherwise it is three points and off to Villa to seal it

I want to see the trophy at CR during the Martin/Hoolahan game

or maybe as some on here would have an empty plinth with a scribbled note on it saying "we did come 2nd"

1 hour ago, Surfer said:

To be honest that was not an unexpected result. Great it happened though - cheers to all Bees fans! 🍻

Now for an unexpected result - Ipswich can you please grab a point at Sheff United?

I wonder if the Football League will take the trophy to Carrow Road in case of the (remote) possibility

We win, Sheff Utd draw so we are champions

And if it goes down to the last game  will there be a replica at Villa and Stoke ?

I think I'm right in saying that you wont be presented with the trophy on an away ground.

So if it goes to the last day when Sheff U and us are both away, neitehr would be given the trophy - If I am correct!!!

I just looked to see what the GD and GS are. Can we both finish on same points, GD and GS? No, is the answer. 

A win and a loss for us takes us to 91, two wins for them takes them to 91, and we'd need to overcome a -1 GD. So we'd need to win 4 - 0 against Blackburn and lose 1-0 to Villa, and have them win 1-0 against Ipswich and Stoke to be tied on GD, then we'd win on GS.

So forget all of that, 3 points v Blackburn and then another 1 against Villa will give us what we need, GD and GS be damned....