Alex Moss

Today’s games 🐥

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

39 minutes ago, Lufbra Canary said:

We don't want to go to Villa needing a win, if they can beat Leeds that be a big bonus. I don't think Stoke will play like that against Sheff U

I didn't think Wigan would play against Leeds like they did us... but they played even better !

That’s a great first half by Brentford. Ref missed a stonewall Leeds penalty but 🤷‍♂️ 🤣

1 hour ago, Aggy said:

Hardly surprising we look tired, we’ve not really rotated the squad. I’m a big fan of keeping a settled side as much as possible, but we’ve got enough in the squad to have rested one or two a little bit more in the past few weeks. Farke might now see it as too risky to rest players with only two games left, but I can’t see that it will hurt. We need freshness.

Agreed, Stiepermen was awful today

My nerves from Norwich not getting the job done seem to get calmer as the other two keep slipping up as well.

31 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

4 draws on the trot, and what's changed ? Our short passing game has gone  !

eh ?

did you not see the endless tippity tap around their box, something that has cost us points over the last four games as we are not getting the ball forward quick enough

it's fine keeping possession but if that means allowing the opposition to funnel back and pack the box then it is always gong to be that much harder to score

if we cannot vary our game then the opposition will be able to counter it easily

Stoke did as Weds did in the 2nd half by simply battling that much harder in one to ones - and recognised that our 'fear' of giving away possession can be our undoing as it is so easy to stand off while we play short passing tippity tap

I can't see it as I've blocked him, but I notice Billy boy/City1st has replied and my bet is it's a disparaging remark against my remark, he chases me around this board disagreeing with everything I write, That's one of he reasons he's blocked.

Please look at the facts our short passing game used to cut through teams, but now it's passed around the back time and time again, then there's a 50/50 ball when moving up the field, the number of times we lose the ball is very frustrating      

The accuracy within our short passing game definitely declined. That's what we missed with Buendia out. Yesterday we scored two from accurate passing around the box, but often still failed to accurately cross and that was meat and potatoes for Stoke to clear their lines. We also didn't get much protection from the ref (again) and that's encouraging more robust challenges from behind