Alex Moss

Today’s games 🐥

I was concerned we had become a one man team, now I'm not so sure we are even that. We look like last season's team!

• Haha 1

Big big Brentford fans tonight!

Very frustrating, I’m not sure why Stoke were playing like it was a cup final? Now watch them roll over for Sheff Utd! 

We’ll see what happens in the Leeds game but assuming they win, then it’s onto Blackburn next. If they lose however then their goal difference will be even worse and we’ll effectively be promoted because no way will they score a ridiculous amount of goals over just 2 high pressure games.

We do like making it hard for ourselves!

1 minute ago, CANARYKING said:

These teams don’t just roll over and let you win, another point to add to the total. Beating Blackburn may not be enough now, if Leeds win their three the goal difference will be made up

Hull did!

• Haha 1

Farke do amazing job but dont forget that he not have enough experience and on this crazy last games this is very important.

Seems team is also very tired as we play evry 3 days same players and also this  mean players who not used is out of shape coz no playing time enough.

Still in our hands but will be very nervous affair if we need point away at Villa and need goals difference with Ipswich joke play in front of 15 000 Leeds fans ...

Why is this even a surprise? Its been obvious for the last few games. 4 pts from 12 not promotion material. In addition what sort of limp effort will this lot achieve in the PL? 

• Haha 1

I'm now officially worried. The results show we are bottling it.

But....you have to back us at home and yet .....we didn't beat Reading or Wednesday before.

Unbeaten away again. But possibly lucky today not to lose. These are the positives.

1 minute ago, Boris said:

Farke do amazing job but dont forget that he not have enough experience and on this crazy last games this is very important.

Seems team is also very tired as we play evry 3 days same players and also this  mean players who not used is out of shape coz no playing time enough.

Still in our hands but will be very nervous affair if we need point away at Villa and need goals difference with Ipswich joke play in front of 15 000 Leeds fans ...

I'll have a pint of what you are drinking Boris, take it its Vodka?

Remember a few weeks back people were saying that we had by far ths easiest run in and it was just a 2 horse race for 2nd? Well since that we've got just 4 points out of a possible 12. 4 draws in a row. We are now the out of form team. 

• Like 1

Just typical us isn't it that a team (Leeds) who have scored 19 goals fewer than us and lost 5 more games than us are still in it at this stage of the season.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Carra Rud said:

I'll have a pint of what you are drinking Boris, take it its Vodka?

too nervous my friend i even not drink cafe today coz too nervous so that is reason to write something .

• Like 1

I'm not sure this talk of the goal difference to Leeds is entirely correct? If they draw today, they are 6 points behind us with a -8 GD to us, yet we have to lose 2 and they have to win 2 to put us on the same points, that's a minimum 4 goal gain on us, assuming they are all 1-0's. If we assume they are all 2-0 wins, that puts them on the same GD as us. Not exactly probable but certainly not impossible considering they play quite literally the worst team in the league.

1 minute ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

Just typical us isn't it that a team (Leeds) who have scored 19 goals fewer than us and lost 5 more games than us are still in it at this stage of the season.

Depends how you look at it. If they win their game in hand, they'll have won more games than us. And football is about winning, right? 

1 minute ago, All the Germans said:

I'm not sure this talk of the goal difference to Leeds is entirely correct? If they draw today, they are 6 points behind us with a -8 GD to us, yet we have to lose 2 and they have to win 2 to put us on the same points, that's a minimum 4 goal gain on us, assuming they are all 1-0's. If we assume they are all 2-0 wins, that puts them on the same GD as us. Not exactly probable but certainly not impossible considering they play quite literally the worst team in the league.

The fact that we're talking about goal difference at all after being 7 points clear (with the chance to go 10) is a damning indictment of the past 4 results! 

2 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

If they draw tonight they are 5 pts behind. If the lose, the gap is 6 and the goal difference -9 minimum. Ridiculous we're even having to contemplate and discus this. 

3 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

Just noticed my mistake, if they draw today they are 5 points behind us, not 6. The principle remains the same but the numbers all change!

yes but if they win we have +3 on both leeds and sheff utd so if all 3 win next round we come in last weekend again +3 only and if lost away at Villa and they Win 5 6 goals Ipswich ....

11 minutes ago, Carra Rud said:

Why is this even a surprise? Its been obvious for the last few games. 4 pts from 12 not promotion material. In addition what sort of limp effort will this lot achieve in the PL? 

You literally reek of bin. 

16 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

Surely we can get the result we need at Reading, I mean Wigan, no, Sheff Wed, or was it Stoke. .. Blackburn?

Thanks.

We've played teams who have upped their game recently and have pulled wins and draws out of unexpected bags.

Blackburn have won four in a row but lost the previous four - lets see what happens.

I think we looked a bit tired today - maybe with 7 days to refresh we'll be in a more positive mood.

Even more so if Brentford can take something from tonight's game.

By the time we kick off on Saturday we will ‘likely’ be 2nd. Sheffield United have Ipswich at home, an Ipswich team I simply cannot see getting a result let alone helping us out!

I’m emotionally exhausted, how can we possibly have let such a fantastic opportunity to slip through our fingers. We’ve lost form at the worst possible time 😞

3 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Thanks.

We've played teams who have upped their game recently and have pulled wins and draws out of unexpected bags.

Blackburn have won four in a row but lost the previous four - lets see what happens.

I think we looked a bit tired today - maybe with 7 days to refresh we'll be in a more positive mood.

Even more so if Brentford can take something from tonight's game.

Hardly surprising we look tired, we’ve not really rotated the squad. I’m a big fan of keeping a settled side as much as possible, but we’ve got enough in the squad to have rested one or two a little bit more in the past few weeks. Farke might now see it as too risky to rest players with only two games left, but I can’t see that it will hurt. We need freshness.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Adycakes said:

By the time we kick off on Saturday we will ‘likely’ be 2nd. Sheffield United have Ipswich at home, an Ipswich team I simply cannot see getting a result let alone helping us out!

I’m emotionally exhausted, how can we possibly have let such a fantastic opportunity to slip through our fingers. We’ve lost form at the worst possible time 😞

What's the collective noun for eunuchs? 

The Reading equaliser was the turning point. I felt at the time that could be season defining - we really haven't been on our game since then and the return of 4 points from 4 games at just the wrong time says everything about this inexperienced team.

We have a squad we haven't used and I think Farke has shown a little too much faith with the Zimbo/Godfrey combination at the back. Klose should start against Blackburn, but we all know he won't change it.

But its easy to criticise and this team has done wonders this season. We just let in too many easy goals - another one down to zonal marking today and poor defending at the edge of the box, which are pretty basic errors.

I think we may have blown it, unfortunately.

I think maybe we're trying to play too calmly & contained, unconsciously thinking it's safer that way. 

We have to simply go for it Hell for leather. That's how our best performances (& results) have been obtained.

3 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

I think maybe we're trying to play too calmly & contained, unconsciously thinking it's safer that way. 

We have to simply go for it Hell for leather. That's how our best performances (& results) have been obtained.

I agree with that. Today there was a switch on to Aaron’s all afternoon but rarely was it taken, the safe and easy pass was always favoured 

To be fair, the officials have done us a little favour in the Brentford game.

Leeds should have had an absolute 11/10, nailed-on stonewall penalty.

• Like 1