Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Why the EDP poll is wrong!

Because we''ve already had the Pink Un poll, a resounding ''bog off'' to Worthless by 75% and also the NCISA recent statement backing that up.

How many polls until the KTFers get the result THEY want?. Its 69% now, hang on a few days and it''ll be 60%, then the KTF crew will crawl out from wherever they''ve been hiding since the Derby game, and say they told us they were right all along. Its a good job the general election isn''t held the Archant way!.

If the EDP wants a poll, let it be "do you have faith in the board",  because I and many others are losing faith in them, as Norwich  City go down the toilet faster than a vinderloo, and the insane

board still back Worthless.!.

Incredible.

Wiz,

I enjoy a lot of your posts, but unlike others i often refuse to take your bait - the point that you raise is certainly something that i fear.

I posted on here a while ago and said that I thought that there would be a slow turning against the board if most fans thought he should go and Delia doesn''t bite the bullet. I was told that wouldnt happen by nearly everyone that replied.

The problem that I have with your ''faith in the board'' argument is that indirectly you are attempting to gather opinions on the board. If you start going down that route then the club is heading for more turmoil than it could potentially cope with. You also run the risk of the KTF club being swelled by those who back Delia 100%, even though they do not want Nigel.

I am proud to have Delia represent and head our football club - just look at the way other boards interfere - Rupert Lowe anyone ? It would be a sad, sad day for our football club if Delia called time. Whilst no-one should have blind faith, Delia saved us from the murky depths just in time. Never forget was she had done for us.

From reading in the paper, NCISA released their statement in order to protect the board from arguments such as yours. Whilst the board have not knee-jerked, the snowball is getting bigger - just look what has happened in the media and such like since Monday morning. Don''t be too hasty in whipping up support against the board - it could well backfire.

I agree rossi - the board are taking a decent stance and I perhaps naively feel that pressure is being applied by them on worthy to do get things improved.   They are successful business people and know that our success is founded on having full grounds each week and disatisfied customers they can not afford to have.

The board are taking a reasonable approach - different from my choice - but they are fully aware of the perils of chopping and changing managers too quickly.  As with Hamilton they are fully supporting Worthy until it becomes clear that there can be no support - in many ways worthy is digging his own hole so deeply there comes a time - approaching fast and probably quicker with a crewe defeat - when the board will act.

I see nothing yet that says they are negligent in their duties and would still not swap our board with another - sheepshanks, mandaric or lowe anyone?

OTBC 

You and others can''t keep playing the Sheepshanks, Mandaric and Lowe cards Z ipper!.

Its an unfair arguement anyway as these people are already entrenched in other clubs!. Although I guess you really mean someone like them, yes?.

Okay, who?.

Thought not.

If everytime Delia and her crew mess up, we dare not complain or criticise her in case she goes, well, sod that.

I rather she just went now, than me support the club as a bloody yes man, I think she''d prefer nodders and yes men to fans who  actually querie her bad decisions, like standing by NW.

Again I say, her arrogant attitude will take us down to the first division next year.

I dont think the time has come yet to really focus on the board, I firmly believe that Delia and Michael are about the best we could hope for...i.e would anyone really want a Lowe, Mandaric, Jordan, Scally, Brown etc....a lot has happened this week, the poll, the turning of the NCISA, and my perception is the local press EDP / Evening news have come off the fence a lot this week, patience is a lot to ask at the moment, but I think we are starting to see the beginning of the end...I ultimately think the board are PR savvy enough to understand what best suits themselves in the long term is the support of the fans by making what would be an extremely popular decision.

Wiz,

I presume that you''ve got millions to put into them club have you ? didnt think so. Don''t be so short sighted. You can go on all u want about Nigel going and I mostly agree with your posts, but something seems a little odd to me. You argue for ages that Worthington should go, the wheels start in motion ( a bit late admittedly) the snowball starts moving and all of a sudden you have moved on from your original argument and now u want Delia out.

So wiz, explain, Nigel and Delia with Michael in tow, all feel that you are right and resign now. then what ?? Relegation probably, which is what we dont want. look at the bigger picture.

Calling for Delia and her hubby to sling their hook is proof positive that Wizard is mad. Cuckoo. Completely lost it.

I don''t think further comment is needed, hes just an attention seeking

old whinger with too much time on his hads and an addiction to seeing

his own name on the forums.

Never has the phrase "Empty vessels make the most noise" been more appropriate.

IMO the board are just trying to weather the storm, and then say that they were right all along when we get a couple of wins and gain a few placings in the table.........however, the storm is showing no signs of dissapearing!

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

I agree rossi - the board are taking a decent stance and I perhaps naively feel that pressure is being applied by them on worthy to do get things improved.   They are successful business people and know that our success is founded on having full grounds each week and disatisfied customers they can not afford to have.

The board are taking a reasonable approach - different from my choice - but they are fully aware of the perils of chopping and changing managers too quickly.  As with Hamilton they are fully supporting Worthy until it becomes clear that there can be no support - in many ways worthy is digging his own hole so deeply there comes a time - approaching fast and probably quicker with a crewe defeat - when the board will act.

I see nothing yet that says they are negligent in their duties and would still not swap our board with another - sheepshanks, mandaric or lowe anyone?

OTBC 

[/quote]

They might be successful business people but why wait till the Crewe game. Send Worthy on his way now. 

Any new Manager we get in will most likely keep us out of the relegation zone and in the Championship.(in past history when a team is not doing well they bring in a new manager and they start playing well again). The longer the board drags its feet about wether Worthington stays or goes they will be doing no favours to the man they would want to bring in to replace him......and who would want to have the remit of  keeping City up in the Championship at such short notice.

Worthington must go now!!!! Before it is too late. 

I can see it now if we win against Crewe they will say lets leave it for the next game against Southampton and the next and the next and before we know it we will be in Division 1 with players asking to be put on the transfer list.The gate receipts  will drop and we will be back in the Chase Years when we got relegated from the premiership.

The Football Pundits always speak of the YOYO effect at the end of every season about the teams that get relegated from the Division wanting to get straight back up the following season. Sadly in the case of Cityour string broke.

Chris