Sign in to follow this  
unique

National Press Coverage

The past few months have welcomed a number of national newspaper articles extolling the exciting progress of NCFC.

Playing an entertaining brand of football allied to a ‘never-say-die’ attitude, has catapulted Norwich City to a level of respect possibly last seen around the time of those great UEFA Cup nights.

Full credit to Farke and his squad for elevating NCFC back to the consciousness of the footballing world.

Here’s hoping this is only the beginning.....

• Like 2

Imagine for a minute Norwich were promoted along with two of Leeds, Sheff Utd and Villa. Leeds would instantly be hailed as the new Manchester City; Sheff Utd the new Cardiff - all Championship grit and nous - and Villa would be the next "Sunderland till I die" team. We'd either be forgotten or pigeonholed as the next Bournemouth. 

Whatever happens with the national press, I really don't care t.b.h.

• Like 1

Have any of them picked up on Fletcher’s scummy Maradona moment though?

Can’t believe more hasn’t been made of it . How he could then celebrate that act I can’t fathom. 

22 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

Have any of them picked up on Fletcher’s scummy Maradona moment though?

Can’t believe more hasn’t been made of it . How he could then celebrate that act I can’t fathom. 

In all fairness GenerationA47, Vrancic made a meal of what wasn't in my eyes a foul, in essence tricking the ref, and then moved the ball back from where the offence took place, not that I am complaining, but we then did a fair amount of celebrating ourselves.  I guess it is human nature intermingling with the world of football?

Right - though that kind of stuff happens all the time, certainly  not defending it just saying although a talking point, it wouldn’t  exactly be newsworthy?! 

I actually didn’t notice either offence and neither did the tv directors, that I saw. Vrancic also then had to actually produce the skill to score the FK.

Whereas handballing a goal surely  should be anathema to a professional football player , was really blatant on viewing the replays (admittedly ref could easily have missed it), and is basically only one better than simply pencilling in your preferred  score on the scoreboard - in my opinion.

15 hours ago, Surfer said:

Imagine for a minute Norwich were promoted along with two of Leeds, Sheff Utd and Villa. Leeds would instantly be hailed as the new Manchester City; Sheff Utd the new Cardiff - all Championship grit and nous - and Villa would be the next "Sunderland till I die" team. We'd either be forgotten or pigeonholed as the next Bournemouth. 

Whatever happens with the national press, I really don't care t.b.h.

I was back in London earlier than normal from.the QPR midday kick off a couple of weeks ago. And the tube train I get home goes past Wembley.

It filled up along the way with Man City fans going to the semi final.

All I can tell you is that they were all really respectfull to us. Maybe they saw us as easy pickings, I don't know.

But all of them, young and old wanted to talk about NCFC.