Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Squad to share £10 Million if we go up...

I would imagine that if the £10,000,000 bonus is true, it would be split evenly across the squad. Or the squad and coaching team. 

6 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Doubt wages would be doubled. Standard clauses are 25% - 40% increase. 

I’d imagine most the players will have significant cash bonuses, but that’s normal. £10m across the players and back room staff isn’t that out of keeping with what teams normally pay-out. 

I seem to remember that McNally got a bonus over £1m individually when Norwich got promoted under him. 

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/norwich-city-premier-league-promotion-earned-players-and-staff-11-1m-bonus-club-accounts-reveal-1-4283264

The last promotion saw the accounts report a £11M bonus to staff. David McNally got just over £500k.

I think McNally's '£1M bonus' was actually £800k and it came in the season we finished 11th and was related to financial matters.

Edited by A Load of Squit
Clarification

4 hours ago, Yellow and Green said:

But now that he will be renegotiating with Webber, will he re-sign on similar money that he is on now (approx 30kpw) and risk going down to 15k if we get relegated or will we have to offer him more if SW insists on inserting that clause into his contract?

But he’s not been playing regularly so his bargaining position isn’t great. I imagine it will depend how much Farke/Webber view him as important for the lineup next season. It could be the contract offer is not as good as he’s on currently.

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/norwich-city-premier-league-promotion-earned-players-and-staff-11-1m-bonus-club-accounts-reveal-1-4283264

The last promotion saw the accounts report a £11M bonus to staff. David McNally got just over £500k.

I think McNally's '£1M bonus' was actually £800k and it came in the season we finished 11th and was related to financial matters.

McNally’s bonuses:

2010-11 (promotion to PL) £582,00 (for financial results and promotion).

2011-12 (staying in PL) £967,000 (financial results and staying up).

2012-13 (ditto) £867,000 (ditto).

2013-14 (relegation) £367,000 (hitting financial targets).

2014-15 (back up) £551,250 (hitting financial targets) and £333,334 long-term incentive bonus.

2015-16 (relegation and resignation/dismissal – take your pick) £nil.

3 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

McNally’s bonuses:

2010-11 (promotion to PL) £582,00 (for financial results and promotion).

2011-12 (staying in PL) £967,000 (financial results and staying up).

2012-13 (ditto) £867,000 (ditto).

2013-14 (relegation) £367,000 (hitting financial targets).

2014-15 (back up) £551,250 (hitting financial targets) and £333,334 long-term incentive bonus.

2015-16 (relegation and resignation/dismissal – take your pick) £nil.

Thank you for clearing that up Purple, I didn't think he got a individual £1M bonus for promotion.

34 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

This is from last years accounts, and with Farke's new contract, £10 million in total bonuses is plausible.

image.png.0dc9fcc5269e9eb5c3607fe318e3cb93.png

That’s not bonuses, that’s the potential money Norwich will have to pay in transfers - not just related to promotion (although that will trigger various clauses that mean some of it will he due). 

Player bonuses would be on top of that. 

Thanks for the info on McNally’s bonuses, I remember them being pretty generous. 

Nice for the lads to receive a bonus "IF They are Promoted" which I'm hoping they do -Though need to keep a cap on wages especially if we  are promoted -it be a difficult time in prem for city has cannot see city buying big after last experience in prem

I don’t think many supporters will want City to spend big. Hasn’t worked before, no need to try again.

There has been far more satisfaction gaining promotion ( more than likely) with lesser known players and youngsters, and there is no reason to believe this won’t continue.

2 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

Thank you for clearing that up Purple, I didn't think he got a individual £1M bonus for promotion.

No, but he got  £1.4m for leaving/being sacked! That sounds critical, but that it is the way these things work. And - like Neil Doncaster - there were definitely more good things about his spell as CEO than bad. There is a saying that all political lives end in failure, but it just as well applies to football, in most cases. As far as Norwich City is concerned it did with Doncaster and it did with McNally.

The oddity, if it is an oddity, is that Doncaster stayed in football (yes, I know, it is Scottish football, which used not to be a joke and now generally is, but even so...) and seems to be doing OK,  while McNally is away from the crazy business. Football's loss, whatever his flaws.

This is definitely the correct approach. Especially as in most other cases when we've been promoted before it's been the players from the team that got us there that performed the best, for whatever reason our bigger signings usually flop. For a club in our position heavy incentives like this are a good idea over signing one more 5-7 million ish player.

There are much better ways to spend money than transfer fees. I don't have any figures or knowledge of how our wages work but I'd bet the weekly wage we pay to each player isn't all that high but things like goal, clean sheet and win bonuses are much higher than the norm. That would make a it a little tricker to get players through the door but whoever we have will always have incentive to perform. 

We also always pay our CEO and now sporting director very well compared to other clubs, I know some baulk at the figures but with our spending power we really need to always have a high calibre operator in that position so it's worth it imo. 

Saying that though we would need a few new players next year and what with this, the bond being payed off, and TV money coming in drips and drabs I can't see us spending much at all this summer. I'm okay with that and I know many on here are, I actually think we'll perform better without loads of new faces but I can see many of our fans getting quite upset about it.