Sign in to follow this  
ronbol ronbol

I've lost total faith in Delia and the board

The fact that we have total silence from Delia and the board at the moment suggests one of two things:-

1. They are in a total mess and really don''t know what to do about it.

or (this one more likely)

2. Like worthy they really don''t care what the fans think. They are the majority shareholders,

and they are in charge so the rest of us can just shut up.

The facts speak for themselves, we are in a complete financial mess

which will be made a whole lot worse if we get relegated (which is a

real possibility)

Our debts are spiralling out of control all be it from the city p.r machine that they are managable over a long period of time.

They will not be managable when we are relegated from the championship, just do the maths with the latest set of figures.

So on this point I cast a vote of no confidence in Delia and the Board, simply KTF is no longer good enough.

As a shareholder and supporter of this great club I refuse to simply Keep the faith and hope everything gets better.

We have no leader at the top, Munby and co are not up for taking

heartless decisions, Worthy must go and if he dosen''t then delia and

the board will be held

fully responsible.

WORTHY OUT NOW

I cannot believe that there is not plenty of discussion going on behind the scenes, if nothing else Worthy might decide to walk so the board and management must be considering various scenarios. They are unlikely to disclose these discussions privately. If this type of forward thinking and contingency is not taking place I would be very surprised.

I am sure there is plenty of discussion going on, but they still want Worthy to stay.  There reasons are that he got us promoted before, he can do it again.  Examine that and say it''s not going to happen this year, then they''ll say it''s time for rebuilding, lots of injuries, we can''t get the players Nigel wants to come to the club.  Well, not now we can''t, but surely we could before the season started.

The board is not responsible though for Nigel''s poor tactical choices, his choices of who he wants to buy/loan, what goes on at the training ground, (mainly injuries it seems), and most of all, they don''t have any say in how he plays the game.  The are there to oversee his management.  Trouble is, they are not doing so, they are reacting like parents, backing their kid despite the fact he is in trouble for bullying other kids at school.  Blind love never helped anyone.  If the board want to dole out hospitality to those directors in League One next year, with Nigel in charge, they are going the right way about it.

Time to look at things with a clear head.  How many more chances is he going to get? 

I have not lost faith in the board.  No one can deny that this current board have turned things around and backed their manager more than any other in City history.  If Worthy has really wanted a player, more often than not he appears to have got them.

I do however think the board have to take some of the responsibility for the total shambles that is our season so far.  That have persevered with Worthy longer than they should have, the board have eyes and go to the matches, don''t they?

Most importantly despite backing Worthy strongly before and since I feel the board let the him and the club down this summer by waiting for player sales before allowing any money to be spent.  I know that this is merely being prudent but I feel they were overly so.  Waiting for the monies from the Francis and other sales really limited Worthy in the type transfer targets he could realistically go after, which is why we ended up with the likes of Jarrett, Hughes, LJ etc.  I''m sure Worthy would have loved the likes of Ifill and Sidwell but I just couldn''t happen.  Failure to spend money in the summer has really screwed us because at the time we could have attracted the best players who wanted to play in the Championship.  Now when the window opens we are a far less appealing prospect and whereas in July Davenport would have rather come to City than Reading, in January I expect it to be a different story.

Since todays Ashton statement, I can now say ''stuff you City'', you don''t treat fans how you are treating us, Worthy and Delia can take a running jump off a short pier!.

And I thought Chase was bad!.