Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

502 Bad Gateway

6 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Thanks, I’m glad you went for the explanation “ in simple terms” 😂

Oh yeah. Well I aimed to make it simple then got a bit carried away 🤣

Analogy:

Nginx is front of house, and doing a wonderful job accepting guests.
PHP PFM are the chefs, and most of them have gone on strike for the night.
Meanwhile, the front of house are still sending food to those chefs on strike - so rather than just using those that are available; slow service, but still feeding the customers, the food isn't turning up at all.

:classic_blush:

Edited by Ian

10 hours ago, Ian said:

Oh yeah. Well I aimed to make it simple then got a bit carried away 🤣

Analogy:

Nginx is front of house, and doing a wonderful job accepting guests.
PHP PFM are the chefs, and most of them have gone on strike for the night.
Meanwhile, the front of house are still sending food to those chefs on strike - so rather than just using those that are available; slow service, but still feeding the customers, the food isn't turning up at all.

:classic_blush:

I still don't get it. Can you do it in crayon drawings please? Or an interpretation using the medium of mime?

1 hour ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

I still don't get it. Can you do it in crayon drawings please? Or an interpretation using the medium of mime?

Will this do? Slow news day...

1948480352_ScreenShot2019-05-01at09_53_24.png.5803b03f299aa5e55c7b99615eef83f9.png

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Well it seems to have gone, someone has at last actioned on it--Thank-you.

@Feedthewolf and his voodoo art

Edited by GenerationA47

15 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Never underestimate my power.

Melisandre I presume.

4 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Melisandre I presume.

Tyrion all the way.

Bad gateway refers to http error 502 which is mean that a server which is try to fulfill the client request received an invalid response from upstream server. It  is often a network error between servers on the internet, meaning the problem wouldn't be with your computer or internet connection. Empty or incomplete headers or response body typically caused by broken connections or server side crash can cause 502 errors if accessed via a gateway or proxy.  Since it's just a generic error, it doesn't actually tell you the website's exact issue.

How to Solve 502 Errors

• Perform a hard-refresh in your browser. On Macs, this is done by pressing Cmd + Shift + R.
  • Clear your browser cache and delete cookies. Your browser may be holding on to certain files that were saved once you visited the website with a 502 error.
  • Change your DNS servers. If you’ve never changed them in the past you likely still have the default servers assigned to you by your ISP, try using open DNS servers such as Google's Public DNS.
  • Finally, restart your computer/networking equipment. Some temporary issues with your computer and how it's connecting to your network could be causing 502 errors, especially if you're seeing the error on more than one website. In these cases, a restart would help.