Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

Crucible Snooker

World Championship in Sheffield starts today. Mark Williams defending champ and top seed. Always a good game to have on in the background and we'll see if Ronnie is up for it this year. I'll go for Selby.

Oh apart from Jimmy White still missing out I'm surprised to see Marco Fu got knocked out in qualfying. His form has dipped after undertaking laser eye surgery.

Edited by KiwiScot
update

World Championship in Sheffield was insane! I had a chance to visit tournament games with my colleague Ildar Sharipov. It was extremely good!!! Great snooker games, interesting people around, highest level organization. Even had a chance to discuss some economically related questions and got fresh forex analytics from instaforex owner. 

Some sneaky spamming going on. 😀

More interesting than Swindon and Moyo's nonsense though. 

I see Judd Trump won it the end. I go to a local tournament every year and we always out look for what shoes he is wearing after the first year we went he was wearing these ridiciosly fancy things. Plus he usually can play.

One negative thats crept in and you'll see it watching any recent tournament is the use of lighting onto the crowd for effect. We got cast in purple light coming from quite piercing LED bulbs that covered a large area of the seating. It made choosing a good seat very difficult.