Sign in to follow this  
Kidderminster Canary

Sad day for City

First let me say that I personly would stick with Worthy but, due to all these polls and anti  Worthington posts he will resign ! my guess next monday whatever result at Crewe.

He must be aware of the ill feeling by so called supporters and will do the deadly deed.

We will then be in a very uncertain period and the re action of the board very important.

They should not make a quick appointment but compleatly re organise coaching, youth setup and all playing aspects of the club, (this should be done even if I am wrong and he stays).This would also mean letting the squad break up and re building for next year.

If city slip down the slippery slope as a result of forcing Worthy out THEY will be the ones to carry the blame and I hope they will be proud of themself.

I just hope I am wrong as for me Nigel Worthington will win through end the end.

I will be at Crewe and again at C Rd for Southampton.

I will be cheering for my team till I have no breath in my body, but then I concider myself a loyal supporter not a fine weather idiot.

Well done - what a fan you are - certainly put me to shame despite the fact i''ve missed only 2 games in the last 3 seasons, was one of the first 70 away season ticket holders when they introduced the scheme and have had a season ticket for the best part of 17 years now. Clearly however i am just a "fine weather idiot" not a loyal supporter.

Ok you think Worthy will pull through and that i can accept (although in my opinion you are deluded and if you think he will resign then I think you are underestimating the stubborness of this man) but this labelling any fan who is critical as a fairweather fan is something that really gets on my nerves.

I wont be jumping up and down in celebration when Worthy leaves as we have shared many good days - but as with any good manager the time comes when the ways must part.

Like Burley did post Ipswich I would love Worthy to go on and be successful at one or more clubs as there are few decent people in football and that is exactly what worthy is.

Sad? - no it should be a celebration of his acheivements, a wishing of the best for his future and a time of renewed hope for the fortunes of our club.

OTBC

Almost as annoying as applying the label of KTFer to anyone that is worried about the prospect of being managerless without a clue as to who should replace him. Seriously, nobody has had any credible suggestions as to who would replace him. And before you say it, Burley wouldn''t come here, Redknapp''s record at Shampton is hardly sparkling. So who??? And by the way, I think Worthy''s time is probably up but I certainly won''t be labelling myself a Worthy ''hater'', seems like a decent bloke to me. Perhaps 1st Wizard should be next NCFC manager, after all he does seem to be right about absolutely everything!

Who was there to take over when Hamilton left?

We are in strong position to attract a decent manager. Despite our league position we have a decent squad at this level, are financially stable, have good facilities and are the best supported club in the championship. Plus we also have an (overly) supportive board who won''t sack you at the drop of a hat. There is a real opportunity for someone to come in and make themselves an immediate hero.

I think if the job was advertised there would be plenty of interest and some excellent candidates.

spot on zipper.. i too would like to see worthington go onto better things elsewhere.

However, if we get relegated again with him at the helm then prospective employers are going to overlook all the good things he has done for us, and just see those 2 relegations. which is why he needs to go now, and walk into another job tommorow as far as im concerned as he deserves one for his past efforts

jas :)

Choosing to not sack a manager steering us in the wrong direction for fear of finding a replacement is the worst choice the board could make - they need to back or sack wholeheartedly.

The candidates are there and we are an attractive employer.   It may not be a ''name'' but the magarerial skills are out there to turn us around.   Dowie came from oldham and he had an impact methinks...

OTBC

his time is up.
everyone goes on about copying charlton but they had one thing that we currently dont have. A manger  who can deliver the goods for more than four seasons no matter what league his team is in.

if you think supporting is only about getting behind an individual then it is you who are the true idiot, Ive said previously whatever the division or manager I will renew my season ticket as my loyalty is to the club and the city...oh and remind me where Worthy''s loyalties lay when he used the Sheff Wed job as leverage to get himself a better contract...it is the fans who actually show the only true loyalty in football these days, players and managers are off at the first sign of a few more pounds, and if you think worthington is any different from that then you are truly misguided

Oh kiddie,

"If city slip down the slippery slope as a result of forcing Worthy out THEY will be the ones to carry the blame and I hope they will be proud of themself."

Firstly, that is why a quick(ish) decision is a must, secondly the fans have always been patient - we are already on a slippery slope, hence the sit-you-hay-chun

Allow me to turn the question around - the fans have got behind the team for the vast majority of games this season despite watching some dire performances. The fans are reacting to the lack of whatever on the field, not the other way around. So, what has happened this season to make you think that he should remain in charge ?

From what i can see, those opposed to change can only bring up things that happened two seasons ago, or four seasons ago.

Pathetic. Absolute garbage. If we are relegated, it will be as a result of what has already happened under Worthington. Yet another Wrthington Faith merchant bandying around insults.

Right, lets get things straight.  I don''t think anyone will deny that in the past Worthy has done an excellent job.  Getting us into the play offs with what was quite honestly a fairly poor side, then winning this league when, lets be blunt there were several clubs who played better football and had better players.  Make no mistake Worthy has proved to be successful manager for City but his time is at an end.

I personally would rather have seen him make a success of this season as opposed to the pigs ear he is making of it now but that’s just the way it is.  Unfortunately he has gone stale and seems bereft of any new ideas on how to turn our current situation around.  There is no shame in it, he is not a bad manager per say, he is simply managing badly.  It happens to just about everyone, it''s happening to Ferguson at the moment and it happened to Clough.  The man won everything but the FA Cup with Forest but the last thing he ever did was get them relegated.

I like the man and when he does leave it will be with my best wishes and I would hope he didn''t just sneak out the back door.  He deserves all the credit he gets for Promotion and if/when he does leave I would like to show my appreciation for what he has done.

To there''s only one dean coney,

I''m not suggesting blindly getting behind an individual, in fact I suggested that it is annoying that people try to see things so simplistically. #Just trying to say that getting rid of Worthington isn''t the simple solution some people seem to think it is. And you may be right about Burley, Its just that after his (admittedly short lived) success at Hearts I get the impression that he has his sights set on a bigger job.

''the getting blindly behind an individual'' was aimed at KC not yourself....as for the Burley thing I do think we are an attractive proposition as said in other threads and that Burley would be interested, these so called bigger jobs may not materialise, Burley seems to be down the list as far as rangers are concerned, behind the ex lyon manager and also souness by all accounts.

I see now, I hastily misread the thread a bit there. sorry. Anyway, I hope you are right about Burley - what you say undoubtedly makes sense. I have always rated him as a manager and must admit I was pretty gobsmacked when the scum ditched him as quickly as they did. I suppose the feeling was pretty similar to the mood with us and Worthington at the moment. I have to say that out of the names being banded about at the mo, he is the only suggestion that interests me seriously as a definite improvement on what we have. The ex binner thing could go either way - either he wouldn''t be given any time to sort it out before people started to jump on his back, or, the whole situation would act as a huge motivating force for him (ie need to prove himself, show the binners what they ditched etc).   

i agree with you saint

Its sad to see city in this position after the heady

triumph of winning the championship only 18 months ago.  All those

cheering at city hall wouldn''t have believed our current state of

affairs possible and the dream for all concerned has turned into a

nightmare. Worthy has done the club proud and given us five good years.

The supporters have been fair to nigel - and even if they had private

doubts, there no real public blame laid on him for last seasons

relegation.

This season has seen a slide that no one expected and there comes a

point when people have to face the facts, including nigel and the board. Its clear the supporters believe its time for change.

The determination of the board to stand by worthy so far is admirable,

but how much are they are they influenced by their prudence with

ambition policy?  After all, would worthy have willingly gone out

and bought the doc as a makeshift forward, if he had the funds to buy

crouch or the deano?

How much of the blame is worthy now taking for the boards policy, and

do they feel bad about city/worthy''s demise because of it - is this the

reason they feel almost duty bound to stick by worthy, feeling they

need to give him a full season?