Jump to content
Note to existing users - password reset is required Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

Anyone else get involved with the Wendy fans after the game?

Recommended Posts

We were leaving the ground last night and outside the corner of the River End/Community Stand, there was a confrontation between some middle aged blokes and a lady trying to keep the peace.

Our group (2 blokes, and 21/18/10 year olds) decided to try and give it a wide berth, but as we got close to it the melee escalated and swept into our path. We decided to walk the other way but one of the Wendy fans decided to push my mate, who just told him (no swearing) to watch out as he was trying to protect his 10 year old. The Wendy told him where to go and wanted to have a pop, and was just spoiling for a fight with his numbnut mates. They even swung a punch at a 5'5" female!. My mate ended up on the floor because of all the pushing, and one of the Wendy's cocked his legged back to have a cheap kick at him, but we advised him not to. They just wanted to pick on anyone. 

I have no idea how or why this started but ffs, these idiots need to re-evaluate their lives. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As brave as the Sheffield United supporters attacking children. Is it just football related or is this an indication of what their whole City is like ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only those that travel I'd wager. 

Watched match deep in Wendyville, made my allegiance clear.  Was not happy with their attitude, but they didn't stop me celebrating Vrancic goal. 

I've lived here 37 years and true to say both clubs have some idiot supporters who modern attitudes has passed by.  However the rest of population are great and mainly why I have set up family here. 

So no, just a small hardcore who act like this, we leave them to fight amongst themselves on high days in the city whilst rest of us enjoy the Peak District. 

If in doubt avoid football conversations unless you're familiar with surroundings!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry this happened to you and your mate. When anything like this happens, it's best to remember, we unfortunately all have fans like it. 99.9% of people are decent sorts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, I agree Splutcho, and my best man is from Sheffield, and the nicest bloke you could ever meet. His family etc are great people and I really like Sheffield, so I am not saying it is the same all over the City.

My mate is on warfarin and has just sent me a pic of his elbow, which he smacked as he fell, it's the size of a balloon, and he is off to hospital for a look 😞 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This carried on outside River End with several police trying to shepherd the group away but they seemed intent on going back for more, especially the extremely gobby female. One of the males starting having a go at 2 cops. Didn't see the final outcome unfortunately 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It kicked off in the ground, it appeared there was confrontation between their yobs and our fine boys which spilled into the separation area between the home and away fans.

Goinh back to the car up to Thorpe Road a few of their knuckle draggers were holding up traffic then thumping the doors of passing cars. 

What fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw a Wendy fan getting nicked on the bridge next to the Queen of Iceni before the match too, obviously a fair few just looking for bother.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I saw a Wendy fan getting nicked on the bridge next to the Queen of Iceni before the match too, obviously a fair few just looking for bother.

Saw that too wolfie, one was playing Billy big ones,  and a few from a distance. All seemed harmless with plod letting them know they were there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There were some on the bridge beforehand having a laugh (one BIG unit) and all singing "We hate Leeds s***", and we all thought that would set the tone for the night. Nope. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you not see some of them? I'm not one to stereotype (I am) or unfairly judge (also guilty) but a bunch of skinhead tattooed 45 year old beer-bellied dole-collecting yorkshiremen tend to lend themselves to this sort of behaviour.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Did you not see some of them? I'm not one to stereotype (I am) or unfairly judge (also guilty) but a bunch of skinhead tattooed 45 year old beer-bellied dole-collecting yorkshiremen tend to lend themselves to this sort of behaviour.

Careful now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Did you not see some of them? I'm not one to stereotype (I am) or unfairly judge (also guilty) but a bunch of skinhead tattooed 45 year old beer-bellied dole-collecting yorkshiremen tend to lend themselves to this sort of behaviour.

And skinhead tattooed 45 year old beer-bellied dole-collecting people from Norfolk, I suppose... I've got tattoos and a beer belly, but I'm only 39... am I an unemployed hooligan too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

And skinhead tattooed 45 year old beer-bellied dole-collecting people from Norfolk, I suppose... I've got tattoos and a beer belly, but I'm only 39... am I an unemployed hooligan too?

Give it 6 years. 😉

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Only those that travel I'd wager. 

Watched match deep in Wendyville, made my allegiance clear.  Was not happy with their attitude, but they didn't stop me celebrating Vrancic goal. 

I've lived here 37 years and true to say both clubs have some idiot supporters who modern attitudes has passed by.  However the rest of population are great and mainly why I have set up family here. 

So no, just a small hardcore who act like this, we leave them to fight amongst themselves on high days in the city whilst rest of us enjoy the Peak District. 

If in doubt avoid football conversations unless you're familiar with surroundings!

Aye, I work just down the road (Junction 30ish of M1) so have quite a lot to do with both sides of the steel city fanbases and I've always found Wednesday fans to be a decent bunch. United fans tend to be **** but was stunned to read there'd been trouble with the Wendys. I sat in the murderers to watch the Sheff U game yday, which had a lot of Wednesdayites in and they were all very good-natured and chilled. Agree wholeheartedly about the people of Sheffield in general btw, lovely city and a really decent, friendly population on the whole.

Edited by kick it off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Missed it all. I saw a group of about 4 giving it large walking up towards the railway bridge talking about Norwich c*nts and how the ref screwed them but as soon as I mentioned they have a cheek moaning about the ref given their second goal they became quite pleasant and we had a civil chat about the match. I guess they were a bit more all mouth than the ones other people encountered. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No surprise really,been plenty of incidents in the City over the years with both Sheffield clubs,not as bad as Leeds but still the pair of them bring some mouth pieces down each season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×