Sign in to follow this  
A Load of Squit

Last Nights Banner

Help me please, I can't work out who the player between Iwan & Duncan is.

It's a memory thing, nothing wrong with the quality of the design. 😀

image.thumb.png.b47baf4cc50a2588fddf77e627a09718.png

Bloody reactions. Thanks Winky, top photo.👍

(I'm a bit embarrased at spending a few minutes trying to figure out who the guy on the end is.🤣😳)

4 minutes ago, Norwich R Us said:

Is that Robert Fleck second right?

L to R Gunny, WFLGH, Hucks, Iwan, Barry Butler, Duncan, Flecky, Wes.

Edited by A Load of Squit
Bad Spelling

Is Fleck really considered a legend in that company? I was a young kid when I started going to games and it was the tail end of his career then here admittedly, however I don't recall him being seen as a 'legend' in the years that followed either.

Would have thought a certain famous Goss pose would have fit that space a bit better!

Great banner though and the impact of the group driving all these efforts has been tremendous, hats off to them.

Thought it looked excellent. This season has been a real success with the visual displays, well done all involved in the organisation , you are a credit to this club. 

Just need an FA cup final next season to have both our large banners on display at Wembley.

Over to you DF

4 minutes ago, Norwich R Us said:

Is Fleck really considered a legend in that company? I was a young kid when I started going to games and it was the tail end of his career then here admittedly, however I don't recall him being seen as a 'legend' in the years that followed either.

Would have thought a certain famous Goss pose would have fit that space a bit better!

Great banner though and the impact of the group driving all these efforts has been tremendous, hats off to them.

Flecky was the Grant Holt of the late 80s for me, similar type of player and character, his second spell wasn’t quite as good but yeah I think he deserves to be on there, Gossy I recall as being a bit part player really but scoring some spectacular goals, don’t recall him playing that often back in the day.

• Like 2

Fleck was our talisman for us over a good period (first time round) and was a massive fans favourite, a big character and led the line well.

Gossy quite rightly gets the plaudits but it was his spectacular goals that season which put him in the limelight as he was not a regular starter for us (if memory serves me well).

He was at the club for well over 10 years I think but I don’t recall him playing regularly before 92? He didn’t score many either but when he did they tended to be crackers.

3 minutes ago, Rivvo said:

He was at the club for well over 10 years I think but I don’t recall him playing regularly before 92? He didn’t score many either but when he did they tended to be crackers.

Very true. You could have a banner just for him with his spectacular strikes and at some memorable locations. 

I remember Leeds fans and the Liverpool kop  applauding his goals at their grounds, last goal in front of the anfield kop too

1 hour ago, Norwich R Us said:

The players selected is from a poll on ACN.

Make no mistake, Robert Fleck deserves his place on the banner, my favorite player in 40 years following Norwich. 

Great goalscorer, attitude to match and when you consider his goal tally of 5th overall was,unlike the others, mainly in the top flight. So for me, our greatest goalscorer. 

Just my opinion of course.....

• Like 1

When I saw the title of this thread I thought Til was going to ask how much it cost or when it would be used again 😁

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

When I saw the title of this thread I thought Til was going to ask how much it cost or when it would be used again 😁

Eh? Strange conclusion to draw FF

2 hours ago, East Rider said:

Eh? Strange conclusion to draw FF

Standard for FF to be shouting out Tilly. 

5 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Standard for FF to be shouting out Tilly. 

But not unusual for you to get involved 

• Like 1

Hardly posted for weeks FF,  do keep up.

Still good to see the same old squabbles going on. 

Flags in the Upper Barclay now, most definitely enhanced the atmosphere. 

A big hats off to the folk raising money and organising this.