Sign in to follow this  
Rhino1

Tim Krul under valued

Tim Krul made some fabulous saves today, he has been significantly underrated since he joined us. The save he pulled off before the cheat fletcher punched it in was also outstanding !!! 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Rhino1 said:

Tim Krul made some fabulous saves today, he has been significantly underrated since he joined us. The save he pulled off before the cheat fletcher punched it in was also outstanding !!! 

This

Had a good game. However, I think sides fancy their chances against him. I think Shef Weds were under instructions to shoot on site tonight. There were a lot of long range efforts.

Good save vs leon Clarke last weekend, great save today from foresteiri... unlucky with fletcher goal tho. Krul isn't as bad as people make out

He's a good keeper. He's not de Gea but he's also not Theoklitos. He's plenty good enough for us.

He'll have good games like today and poor games, like all of our players do. We, as fans will continue to flip-flop between describing him as either amazing and sh*t.

De Gea made a huge blunder this week against Barcelona. Krul spilled it once tonight but was excellent for the rest of the game. Was loving the sweeper keeper at the end, and even taking the throws. 

With the high pressing Krul had to kick long more times than usual tonight - I can see why we try to pass out from the back, even if it is is higher risk - don't think we managed to control the ball from long kicks once. 

You could also see Kruls influence on the team, which has been talked about behind the scenes - he was essentially playing sweeper last 15minutes. I can’t believe I am saying this but he’s really winning me over!!!

Very good goalkeeper. But people needed someone to complain about a couple months back and he pulled the short straw.

• Like 1

I thought his footwork was suspect...🎣

Seriously though I love the way he incites the crowd and loved his throw-in to keep the pressure on.The best since Flecky threw it in from the fifth row of the old South Stand!

The attitude of someone like Tim Krul is exactly what we need. He is a very good keeper for what he cost us and his display tonight was excellent. 

Undervalued? I'm not sure he is generally, certainly not at the games.

2 routine saves make and he is a keeper for god ...

Can be better on both them goals !

We badly need new keeper for next year ...

Jack Butland pls

1 minute ago, Boris said:

Jack Butland pls

Disagree.

Boris you are living in another universe - two planks for brains. He was exceptional tonight. There is no way you are s city fan, a scum infiltrator I suspect, looking to cause disharmony!!!!

• Haha 1

I like Krull altitude but he is too shaky at times and if you check today saves is every normal keeper must save them as they all was on him range.

Simply  can do better for second goals and also always 45 yard goal  never can  be if him was a 2 yards back...

Still great point today I belive we will be on Premiere league Monday night 😉

Edited by Boris

10 minutes ago, Boris said:

I like Krull altitude but he is too shaky at times and if you check today saves is every normal keeper must save them as they all was on him range.

Simply  can do better for second goals and also always 45 yard goal  never can  be if him was a 2 yards back...

Still great point today I belive we will be on Premiere league Monday night 😉

Your first sentence doesn't even make sense !
Your first language can't be English and I think Google translate would have been better !

Saves were ok.

What I particularly liked about him tonight was he was playing like a "running" goalkeeper. Late in the game, speeding our play up by acting a centre half, taking throw-ins etc..  Good stuff !

For all his critics, name another 'keeper that we could get on a free, who's as good as Krul. If you've got a name, give Webber a call. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Boris said:

Jack Butland pls

‘2 routine’ saves?

Lay off the local vodka mate 👍

His save against forestieris second thunderbolt was top class. He's outstretched arm had to be iron bar otherwise that gets flapped into the corner of the net. His initial save against fletcher was excellent too. He has played a massive part in us securing these last to draws.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kick it off said:

Have criticised him in the past when warranted but he’s been magnificent recently 

This. Had a shaky start and some difficult moments in some mid-season games but has been an essential part of our 11 game unbeaten run, during which he's been excellent. 

The save from Forestieri is one of the best saves I’ve seen from any keeper this season.

Krul was immense all round last night. A leader, a shot stopper and commanding his area (and whole of our half towards the end!)

I really don’t know what some fans are watching sometimes

Purely a scapegoat, some people need to have one, Vrancic last year, Todd last week, I reckon Hernandez could be the next😀

1 minute ago, Red Rufus said:

Purely a scapegoat, some people need to have one, Vrancic last year, Todd last week, I reckon Hernandez could be the next😀

No it’s Leitners turn this week. Why isn’t he Buendia??

Good point, it has made me think that the two wide positions / players are where we do not gave adequate cover to play the same system. Buendia and Hernandez have proved crucial, when they are out or not performing it makes a massive difference as much of our play is channeled through them.

7 minutes ago, Red Rufus said:

Good point, it has made me think that the two wide positions / players are where we do not gave adequate cover to play the same system. Buendia and Hernandez have proved crucial, when they are out or not performing it makes a massive difference as much of our play is channeled through them.

I'd also extend this to the full backs, our width is absolute class with the 4 of them on the pitch but I'm not sure we have the reinforcements to cover any of them as effectively yet.

They all seem pretty tough physically mind so if Emi cools his temperament a little maybe we'll never need to 😂

Yes, with all four of them having great seasons although Onel is struggling for form at the moment I suppose they would all be hard to replace.

Timmy Timmy Krul, Timmy Timmy Krul, work up in a cold sweat , even dreaming about him now - he appeared as centre forward with an amazing header from a corner to clinch the championship title in the 13th minute of injury time vrs Blackburn . All of a sudden obsessed with Timmy Timmy Krul !!!!