Sign in to follow this  
sonyc

Need VAR to counter the Eltringham's of this world

At least we can have idiotic refereeing performances like his not dictate results. Appalling. I know we got out of jail and the last 30 minutes were under par. But this ref tonight ....I will remember him for a long time and not for good reasons.

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 1

Has been the poorest I have seen this season by a distance. Linesman was pretty useless too. As well as punching the ball into the net Fletcher was offside in the first place.

Still second half we were poor ourselves. Again Krul kept us in it with two brilliant saves (3 if you count the initial stop on Fletchers "goal")

Wrong decision but he didn't do it intentionally, it was hard to see and you can't give what you can't see. Agree that VAR will help sort these things out. Why has it taken football so long to catch up with Rugby.

2 minutes ago, CanaryChris said:

Has been the poorest I have seen this season by a distance. Linesman was pretty useless too. As well as punching the ball into the net Fletcher was offside in the first place.

He was onside when the cross comes in. It doesn’t touch anyone else all the way through, so onside. 

The only decision VAR would have helped with is the one which the ref probably didn’t have much chance of getting right - it was very difficult for either the ref or the linesman to see the handball (which is exactly why VAR should be used). Otherwise, the ref was poor but nothing particularly match changing (except for our freekick at the end which Vrancic “wins”).

2 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

What are the rules about the goalie catching the ball outside the area?

How would VAR have impacted that?

Bunn was sent off against Sunderland for deliberately saving with his arms outside of the area. It was a red card decision. Daniel Farke also stated this. 

The handball goal was a disgraceful decision.

When you see Leeds and Sheffield United both get their dodgy reds - it hurts even more when a blatant attempt to cheat the ball over the line gets rewarded.

5 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Bunn was sent off against Sunderland for deliberately saving with his arms outside of the area. It was a red card decision. Daniel Farke also stated this. 

This isn't the same. It was a mis-judgement by the keeper, it did not stop a goal-scoring opportunity, it was simply a (stupid) mistake. I feel the punishment that was given befitted the crime.

Just now, All the Germans said:

This isn't the same. It was a mis-judgement by the keeper, it did not stop a goal-scoring opportunity, it was simply a (stupid) mistake. I feel the punishment that was given befitted the crime.

Tell Farke that. If he hadn't used his hands then yes I would agree. But he simply handled it. Mistake or not. A bad tackle is often a mistake leading to a penalty too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cheating Eltrinhgham, will find justice gypsy style.

C**t will be found, no worries.

No more sh*t refs. Ncfc take no mor s*,t decisions.

Be warned fa C*NTS

Refs have made dodgy decisions since forever. The difference now is the game has quickened so much and the rewards are much higher. Coupled with huge media pressure, soundbites from left, right and centre and super slowmo replays from the strikers be11end cam.

Geoff Eltringham is still a pr1ck though of Eddie Ilderton proportions.

Edited by Drazen Muzinic

24 minutes ago, Unthink road said:

Be warned fa C*NTS

Glad to see you've taken it well.

53 minutes ago, Aggy said:

He was onside when the cross comes in. It doesn’t touch anyone else all the way through, so onside. 

The only decision VAR would have helped with is the one which the ref probably didn’t have much chance of getting right - it was very difficult for either the ref or the linesman to see the handball (which is exactly why VAR should be used). Otherwise, the ref was poor but nothing particularly match changing (except for our freekick at the end which Vrancic “wins”).

I can't accept that, it's their job to get the crucial decisions right. Perhaps I might suggest getting into a position where you can see things in the penalty area - after all thats where the critical action is. The keeper should have walked, he knew he was outside the area, it was a deliberate handball. And, just to make matters worse he could have got another yellow two or three times over for the timewasting. The one thing I can't understand is why at this level the Refs turn their backs to the keepers. It always used to be stated 'keep the ball in view at all times'. There were several incidents where players were clearly fouled yet nothing was given. I have to conclude this guy looked terribly unfit, his positoning was dreadful and his decision making was even worse - far more yellows should have been shown tonight.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

Glad to see you've taken it well.

If I done a  job S*** for you you'd want justice or said pickie b**yard.  Difference is 150mill

35 minutes ago, Unthink road said:

Be warned fa C*NTS

A lot of C bombs on here. Did you get lost on the way to WACCOE.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Unthink road said:

If I done a  job S*** for you you'd want justice or said pickie b**yard.  Difference is 150mill

Justice or what? I genuinely have no idea what you're saying.

35 minutes ago, Unthink road said:

Be warned fa C*NTS

I missed DFs after match interview. Am I right in thinking this is an abridged summary of it?

Or word for word?

To be fair Unthink’s comments are fairly similar to the match thread on Owlstalk, page 43 onwards if anyone’s interested, it’s fecking hilarious how they were cheated out of the win 😂

5 minutes ago, East Rider said:

I missed DFs after match interview. Am I right in thinking this is an abridged summary of it?

Or word for word?

It is pretty accurate TBF!

1 minute ago, Unthink road said:

Fair enough, just peed at last few games.

Seems no big moments going our way.

Sorry fans just angry

Totally agree with you. But we are just a little nervous me thinks, which is not helping. 

Bring on Monday

VAR may have disallowed their 2nd but the ref was unsighted. Lineno won't make a call either in front of the away fans.