Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

Dirty Word - Playoffs

3 hours ago, Surfer said:

Prediction - Leeds won't beat Ipswich. Yes I know, sounds ridiculous but Ipswich will want to go down with their heads head high. What better way than to beat Leeds?

Yes...stopping Leeds winning on the last day to help us go up would really help send the ipswich fans home happy for the summer!?!

"Teams clearly know how to play us" 

Not really. You can't rely on dodgy refereeing. We've not been at our best but the fact of the matter is with three decent refs the past three games we would be on a phenomenal 11 game winning streak:

Reading - 2 penalties denied, one as blatant as you'll ever see

Wigan - there only goal came from a "joke" penalty

Sheff Wed - should have played most of the game with ten men and an outfielder in goal and their second was one that would've shamed Maradona and Henry

It seems that what teams need to "play" against us (not beat us, BTW) is a supportive ref. 

• Like 2

We are stumbling a bit, and nerves are plainly showing, and I am as cautious as anyone and absolutely not counting any chickens, but...

We only need to get to 92 points if both Leeds and Sheffield United win all their remaining games. The chances of six wins are small. Leeds United in particular would do very well to beat Brentford away and Villa at home. If only one of them draws a game our required total  drops to 90, and if only one loses it drops to 89.

• Like 1

Agree canarydan23 never seen so many referee decisions ( obvious ones at that)go against in 3 games

I have be following and had a season ticket for 40 years Norwich City don't do easy it will be done next Saturday

At least we got three points in the three games and do not lost 

Leeds and Sheffield ut'd will draw with Ipswich

Edited by Skyrider

Since 6 games to play we've only needed 2 wins. Now with 3 games to play, we still need those 2 wins! 

Personally, I cant see how we're going to win another game! The gravity of the situation has really got to everyone, including Farke. That Reading goal ended the invincibility feeling....  we look a different team and far from our best. Some of the passing and decision making last night, particularly in the second half, from the likes of Leitner, Mclean and Steipermann was shocking and uncharacteristic! Even Pukki smashed a cross into row Z late on!

The players are riddled with Nerves. How do we get over the line?! Thankfully I don't need to find the answer, because my nerves are more than shot! 

What a season, eh? Probably the best one I've witnessed. Just get over the line boys... please!

Stoke away is probably a perfect match for us. Away from home so the pressure and and nerves from the crowd won’t be a factor. Stoke have had a poor season and have nothing to play for and their fans aren’t exactly going to be up for it. Get Bundia back in the team, play how we can and we should get three points

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Surfer said:

Prediction - Leeds won't beat Ipswich. Yes I know, sounds ridiculous but Ipswich will want to go down with their heads head high. What better way than to beat Leeds?

Ha ha ha ha ha . Are you serious Surf. It could be double figures . And cheered on by the Home Fans.This is the most embarrassing Binner team there has ever been I would say . Give them an opportunity to stick one to the old enemy  they will. I would stick my mortgage on it .

Preston have been on a terrible run, until ....

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

5 hours ago, splendidrush said:

You can call me complacent if you want, I'll call it confident. We'll see who's right. 

Hey I think we'll get promoted. I'm saying we shouldn't get cocky.

43 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Ha ha ha ha ha . Are you serious Surf. It could be double figures . And cheered on by the Home Fans.This is the most embarrassing Binner team there has ever been I would say . Give them an opportunity to stick one to the old enemy  they will. I would stick my mortgage on it .

Preston have been on a terrible run, until ....

Ipswich will lay down against Sheff U and Leeds. The last thing they'll want is us going up. If Villa beat Leeds we'll only need 4 points to get promoted 

4 minutes ago, Lufbra Canary said:

Ipswich will lay down against Sheff U and Leeds. The last thing they'll want is us going up. If Villa beat Leeds we'll only need 4 points to get promoted 

I seriously hope we have the promotion and title tied up by the time Leeds get to potaloo road. A thrashing of town by Leeds to cement their forlorn place in third and ultimately failure in the play offs is required. Sod both of them.

2 hours ago, Lufbra Canary said:

If Villa beat Leeds we only need a point to get promoted, of course if we win at Stoke it's pretty much done with our goal difference. 

I mention yesterday that I had a bad feeling and we are not playing well and yes I do believe we could be drag into the scrap between Leeds and Sheff Utd - Stoke win is a must a loss is the writing on the wall

15 minutes ago, baldy09 said:

I mention yesterday that I had a bad feeling and we are not playing well and yes I do believe we could be drag into the scrap between Leeds and Sheff Utd - Stoke win is a must a loss is the writing on the wall

Nope, because we're beating Blackburn as well. 

I think promotion will be tied up on Monday, with the title coming at a buoyant Carrow Rd on Saturday. Try not to worry folks, it’ll be just fine 👍

I said last week that I thought promotion would be sealed Monday and I’ve seen nothing since to make me change my mind on that. I think we will take all 3 points at Stoke and I can’t see both Leeds and Sheffield taking all 3

I'm not sure that we're more likely to win ...or less likely to lose at Stoke than Leeds are at Brentford or Sheff Utd at Hull.....we could easily lose whilst the other 2 win, which would make it terribly nervey thereon and in all probability our starting in 2nd place come k/o vs Blackburn

9 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Yes...stopping Leeds winning on the last day to help us go up would really help send the ipswich fans home happy for the summer!?!

Ipswich fans won't be playing and have no influence on the result. And I don't see professional players throwing a game to stop Norwich

I’m pretty sure Paul Lambert will want Ip****e to end the season on a ‘high’, and I would think that they will make it far more uncomfortable for Leeds than what we all expect.

I can also see a scenario where Leeds melt thanks to the pressure of having to get a cricket score to overtake Sheff Utds superior goal difference. That’s quite likely imo.

1 Win should do it for us, and you have to fancy us home to Blackburn although there's no reason we can't beat stoke on Monday too. 

I'm worried tho, but more In a worse case scenario. Strangely the only time i have ever been confident of success was at Wembley,I just knew we would win.

Monday is the big day..we could be promoted but we could also end up just 2 points ahead of 3rd with both teams below us having Ipswich to play.

Anything can happen. But all 3 teams are under huge pressure and we at least have a 5pt cushion..Leeds and Sheff really have no margin for error which surely will cost atleast one points