Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

Dirty Word - Playoffs

We need to stop being cocky here. Teams clearly know how to play us now and the team are clearly feeling the heat and losing their composure. Its only the fact the chasing two are having the same problem and we have the points advantage thats keeping us alive, but we are seriously in danger of finishing 3rd.

• Confused 2

26 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

We need to stop being cocky here. Teams clearly know how to play us now and the team are clearly feeling the heat and losing their composure. Its only the fact the chasing two are having the same problem and we have the points advantage thats keeping us alive, but we are seriously in danger of finishing 3rd.

Why bother with this kind of 5 4 1 T ?

31 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

Its only the fact the chasing two are having the same problem and we have the points advantage thats keeping us alive, but we are seriously in danger of finishing 3rd.

It's called pressure. And the fact that all three of us are having a similar issue with patchy results is good for us. If Leeds or Sheff Utd draw on Monday and we win at Stoke, we are guaranteed promotion.  

• Like 2

We were not ruthless enough tonight, should have been 2 or 3 to the good before half time. 

It happens, it's still 3 points from 3 games we should probably have lost. But we're still doing the right things and playing well in patches. 

We go again Monday, then it could be just 2 points between us and the promised land

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AJ said:

It happens, it's still 3 points from 3 games we should probably have lost.

Should probably have lost? I don't agree with that.

13 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Furthermore, tonight's result will feel like a win to the players.

Confidence in the team is all well and good, but we are not there yet and tonights performance except for our never give up attitude didn't fill me with a lot of that. We are nearly there, but we've been saying that for nearly 3 games now. Just a reminder,

Fact is three games ago we were 7 points ahead of third and now we are 5. And over the next three games we'd have to lose that 5  points plus goal difference advantage to finish in third. That's not impossible but very unlikely - so let's go and get 3 points at Stoke and see if Leeds and Sheff Utd can get any points from Brentford and Hull respectively. 

5 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

Confidence in the team is all well and good, but we are not there yet and tonights performance except for our never give up attitude didn't fill me with a lot of that. We are nearly there, but we've been saying that for nearly 3 games now. Just a reminder,

Foresieri said we played like champions, twice , while sky were trying to big him up for hat screamer. That's respect, that is. Worst case scenario we need 5 points. Just a reminder.

FWIW, I  think we are already there. I only see Leeds getting  5 more points with draws at Brentford and home to Villa before stuffing the scum. I expect the Blades to get 7 more points.

8 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

Maybe you should go put on a dry pair. We're going up, I've been saying it since Leeds away and 3 draws has done nothing to change my mind. 

5 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

Maybe you should go put on a dry pair. We're going up, I've been saying it since Leeds away and 3 draws has done nothing to change my mind. 

You can be complacent if you want. I like to be more guarded.

Leeds dont play until monday evening at 5.15pm.....could we be promoted driving home on the motorway?

Next weekend , they play Villa on Sunday , the day after the Blackburn game....could we be promoted in our living rooms??

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Over the last five games Norwich and Leeds have accrued 9 points and Sheff Utd 8 points, so all three teams fighting for the two automatic promotion places are feeling the nerves and of those only Norwich currently do not have a "L" against their name. It is also worth bearing in mind that Leeds have an inferior goal difference (8) which means they are effectively 6 points behind us with only three games left..........

• Like 1

Prediction - Leeds won't beat Ipswich. Yes I know, sounds ridiculous but Ipswich will want to go down with their heads head high. What better way than to beat Leeds?

4 hours ago, Miss Demeanor said:

As you said, we have a points advantage, one more win and that will seal it, Monday I reckon! Keep calm and believe in Farke and the boys!

Eh ? One more win ?
That would put Norwich on 90 pts, with Sheff U & Leeds able to get 91 pts each max.

As Leeds could easily put 8+ past Ipswich (anyone could TBH), I think it'll take 1 win & 2 draws, until either Leeds or Sheff U drop points, then it's just 1 Norwich win.

12 minutes ago, K Lo said:

Eh ? One more win ?
That would put Norwich on 90 pts, with Sheff U & Leeds able to get 91 pts each max.

As Leeds could easily put 8+ past Ipswich (anyone could TBH), I think it'll take 1 win & 2 draws, until either Leeds or Sheff U drop points, then it's just 1 Norwich win.

It took until today, the 43rd game of this season, for any team to put 4 past Ipswich and youre talking 8+?...ridiculous. And Kiwi in the opening post, saying City are in "serious danger" of ending in the play offs..also ridiculous. Both  Leeds and Sheff Utd somehow have to find 5  points and a better goal difference within 3 games to overtake a side unbeaten in 13 games...10 wins and 3 draws. Its easy to see where the true serious danger is and its not with NCFC. There is a chance yes..but its low...its far from being serious.

• Like 1

Ok...8 wins and 3 draws..typing at half 3 in the morning is not always good for an over tired brain...time i headed to me bed.

6 minutes ago, Essjayess said:

It took until today, the 43rd game of this season, for any team to put 4 past Ipswich and youre talking 8+?...ridiculous. And Kiwi in the opening post, saying City are in "serious danger" of ending in the play offs..also ridiculous. Both  Leeds and Sheff Utd somehow have to find 5  points and a better goal difference within 3 games to overtake a side unbeaten in 13 games...10 wins and 3 draws. Its easy to see where the true serious danger is and its not with NCFC. There is a chance yes..but its low...its far from being serious.

If you remember the 1984/85 season, you'd understand my cautiousness.

Let's talk about this on Tuesday, because it may be academic by then....

Edited by Surfer

5 hours ago, KiwiScot said:

You can be complacent if you want. I like to be more guarded.

You can call me complacent if you want, I'll call it confident. We'll see who's right. 

• Like 1

I'm also a bit concerned, but not by the teams performances, just by the results, which are mostly down to the refereeing. 

Also, the extent of the awful decisions against us over the last four games is stretching to breaking point  what I can believe is merely bad luck. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, KiwiScot said:

‘Serious danger of finishing 3rd’

I've read some serious ****e on this message board in my time, but that’s up there 😂

• Like 2