Sign in to follow this  
CanaryChris

Vrancic

Wholesale changes for next game. Vrancic and Buendia have to play, too many passengers for the last few games. Teams have worked out how to play us, let's give them something different to consider. 

• Like 1

I agree CW , but I wanted Super Mario to start...against Wigan. I am just sure we would have won that game!

• Like 1

If Buendia back straight and Mario must start then which 2 players should be removed for Stoke!?

Don't know why he and Leitner were left out for so long! Vrancic was Championship player of the month for January, got injured and hasn't started since! But, I'm in no position to criticise, in Farke we trust!

5 minutes ago, Boris said:

If Buendia back straight and Mario must start then which 2 players should be removed for Stoke!?

McLean and Steiperman, great couple of goals but is a bit too selfish for me and gives the ball away a bit too much for my liking!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Boris said:

Mclean and Hernandez for me.

• Like 1

If it’s borderline between Vrancic and someone else, then his set pieces give him the edge. In the prem (if/when we get there) there’ll be games where a quality free kick taker is the best chance of us scoring. I’d rather Vrancic was standing over it than on the bench in that situation...

Why does anyone want Stiepermann, scorer tonight, replaced? He always looks kernackered but with Emi back, their little triangles with Aarons will see us do Stoke.

• Like 1

I think we need Stiepermann's physicality both defending and attacking set pieces. I would have said an "out" ball if we decide to kick long, but I can't remember us winning one of them, at all.

If Vrancic had started the last 3 games we would be on the beach with £150m coming. But Emi will start against Stoke.

• Like 1

Steiperman and Hernandez to be rotated. Steiperman lost concentration as the game went on. Hernandez lost the balls in tackles too many times.

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Why does anyone want Stiepermann, scorer tonight, replaced? He always looks kernackered but with Emi back, their little triangles with Aarons will see us do Stoke.

Other than the goal, well taken as it was, he did not produce. Tried to take on too many men and often gave the ball away. However, I think is more to do with his having started 20 something matches in a row in a role that requires a lot of physicality. I am only suggesting he needs a rest not long term replacement.

Stiepermann takes up good positions, is physical, can drive us forward. He’ll play a part in games next season when we need some physicality and are looking to be more defensive. However, he is very inconsistent and gives the ball away too much for my liking (for an attacking “in the hole” midfielder). I wouldn’t be surprised if we get someone with a bit more guile in there to rotate with him when we go up depending on opposition. 

No idea why he didn't come on earlier, Farke has developed an annoying habit of waiting too long when the game isn't going our way

• Like 1