Sign in to follow this  
sonyc

Match thread.. .Mo back in the team

3 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Daniel Farke was very annoyed in his post match interview.

Didn’t even celebrate the equaliser. Sat there with a face like thunder

13 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Just wanted the journo to point out their goal was handball. 

The journo not only failed to ask Bruce about the handball goal, but also asked Farke a question, he answered it and the journo then asked him the same question again.

1 minute ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

I wasn't gonna drink tonight, but think I'm gonna have to crack open a couple of cans.

A large Leffe for me.

Monday -

A defeat or draw for either of Sheff Utd or Leeds and a win for us is enough to send us up.

A defeat for Leeds and a draw for us all but sends us up, due to our superior goal difference.

Well, it sure was a bit of a strange 3 match sequence without Emi, not winning  but not not losing either. All in all weve come out of it with a 5 point lead still, so all said and done with just 3  games to go we are in a great position for promotion. Brentford away then Villa at home will surely test Leeds resolve, but in the end its ours to win or not. Just hope its done and dusted in 8 days time, dont wanna be going to Villa needing points.

I feel that Hernandez has been poor the last three games. He loses the ball too easily and his decision making has been questionable.  Just before Stieperman scored he was through and shot instead of squaring the ball for Pukki to have a simple tap in. Overall he has had a decent season but I don't think he will be able to step up to the grade required in the Premier League. The club's recruitment this close season is going to be very interesting.

I agree. Marcus also has been under performing, despite scoring today, and is it a coincidence that both players have dipped in form these last 3 games at the same time that Emi has been out? 

6 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

I feel that Hernandez has been poor the last three games. He loses the ball too easily and his decision making has been questionable.  Just before Stieperman scored he was through and shot instead of squaring the ball for Pukki to have a simple tap in. Overall he has had a decent season but I don't think he will be able to step up to the grade required in the Premier League. The club's recruitment this close season is going to be very interesting.

Agreed. He's the one I see as not having a "football brain" (apologies for the cliche).  Pretty much everyone else is head up, good passing and movement but he's a little erratic; often in a good way. Not sure he will or should be first 11 in premiership.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

Super, Super Mario

He should start every game. Too much quality to be sitting on the bench

58 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

Emi definitely comes in but for who? I want Vrancic and Leitner on the pitch. Hernandez and McLean to drop? I can't decide...

Onel has been poor recently so I would drop him and Tom. 

No idea if me  only  but we need also Klose back may be for Zimmermann !

3 changes at least and we looked tired and nervous.

Need refresh and best players to step +more experience pls 

All in all we was under control until they wonder goal and then blatant maradona hand almost kill us.

Farke was in amok after game but this is mostly because **** referees in this league imo.

No way to bottled after so many spirit and amazing late goals!

If no Monday then Blackburn will be the party!

1 hour ago, Harry53 said:

I agree. Marcus also has been under performing, despite scoring today, and is it a coincidence that both players have dipped in form these last 3 games at the same time that Emi has been out? 

Marcus Evans?

We'll need to spend an awful lot of money to even be broadly competitive in the Premier league. Promotion would be great obviously but too early for the current squad. 

4 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

We'll need to spend an awful lot of money to even be broadly competitive in the Premier league. Promotion would be great obviously but too early for the current squad. 

Tend to disagree. With a year of growth for the young guys like Aarons, Buendia and Godfrey along with a core nucleus of veterans such as Klose, Zimmerman, Pukki I think we'll be ok.

10 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Don't agree with being too early for this squad. I think we have the personnel to be very adaptive and when we go up will surprise a few teams. I can see a change in the starting 11 though for next season, but only tweaking not wholesale.

Can't wait.

10 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Disagree. A couple of signings are needed. A bit more steel in the midfield. A bit more quality in attaching midfield to break down stubborn/better defences and/or another striking option. Possibly a top quality centre half with top flight experience if one becomes available.

Other than that, I don’t think we’re a million miles away from most of the bottom half of the prem. 

11 hours ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

You tried to quote that meerkat there didnt you? (Or Theresa May)

Yes - But the spell-checker on my phone intervened it seems :classic_angry: . My point still stands - was pleased to see Mo but why oh why out wide? Not his position at all. Tryball and Vrancic surely on Monday to start (with Emi). McLean does well but we need the creativity, speed of thought and frankly incisiveness Vrancic brings. Vrancic also has fresh legs and is more match fit (something I alluded to in an earlier post - always playing the same team means those that don't play lose their edge -and are then rusty when you need them most! Rotate a little when you can.

Just something you need to be aware of.

Cantwell was on the touchline in front of me warming up last night, for some inexplicable reason he tripped over his boot laces and went sprawling along the touch line..

I only mention this as it  happened to be at exactly the moment when Fletcher blatently handled the ball into the net, an act of cheating totally missed by the officials, who had all been distracted by the body of Cantwell prostrate on the touchline.

Cant wait for Emi to return!!

19 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

On the face of it, we didn't spend enough money to be competitive in the Championship. Didn't seem to affect us too badly.