Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Today's Games - Good Friday!

Said it earlier in the week, and Hinchcliffe has just mentioned the 'pressure' word. It does funny things to you

I thought Wilder in his pre match interview showed that the pressure had got to him by saying he hoped his players would show  a few doubters that they could handle this  run in. He said no one was Champions yet, etc. Typical mind games, just not very clever ones

4 minutes ago, Jsim1986 said:

Been watching the last 20 mins Sheffield were the stronger but a bit end to end now. I can profess I have watched Sheffield twice before this game against us, however they don't look anything special. I would like them to win today as I think Leeds will be a stronger proposition in the premier league then Sheffield would 

I'd like them to lose obviously. Promotion is the aim here, not worrying about which will be stronger in the Prem - they'd be the least of our worries!

Murderers was a great shout. Thanks for suggesting FTW. Loads of Wednesday fans in so nice atmosphere with everyone cheering forest on 😂

5 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

I'd like them to lose obviously. Promotion is the aim here, not worrying about which will be stronger in the Prem - they'd be the least of our worries!

Yes agree.

It doesn't matter who goes up (with us 😉).

They are a team of hard working players who fight for their results but without great technical skills. Wilder has done a decent job though. The pressure on them this second half may just leave gaps later on. And hopefully Lewis Grabban gets on to take one chance. 

Edited by sonyc

2 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Murderers was a great shout. Thanks for suggesting FTW. Loads of Wednesday fans in so nice atmosphere with everyone cheering forest on 😂

That conjures up a great image. Imagine if Forest score!

Two poor teams. Sheff United route one to the head of Madine, and Forest playing one up front and creating little.

Think Sheff United will nick it 1-0, Enda Stevens cross.

Can't see Sheff United winning their last four on this first half showing 😛

Just take it that Sheff Utd will win, just as we expect to beat their neighbours.

Any points dropped in this game is a bonus, as it is up to us to pick up what's needed.

And for those who still see us as deserving the title then Sheff U beating Leeds may well be the difference come the end of the season.

At the Blades game .  Blunts disjointed but Florist scare me with half hearted approach.  However it may rest on two ex-binners as to which way it goes.  McGoldrick or Murphy - where is your money?

1 minute ago, sonyc said:

That conjures up a great image. Imagine if Forest score!

The only time Mrs K-I-O wouldn't mind if  you hug a Wendy, KIO I presume?

Just now, Bill said:

Just take it that Sheff Utd will win, just as we expect to beat their neighbours.

Any points dropped in this game is a bonus, as it is up to us to pick up what's needed.

And for those who still see us as deserving the title then Sheff U beating Leeds may well be the difference come the end of the season.

In retrospect you could be right Bill. We need to get the result tonight though. It would give such motivation for Stoke away.

At the Blades game .  Blunts disjointed but Florist scare me with half hearted approach.  However it may rest on two ex-binners as to which way it goes.  McGoldrick or Murphy - where is your money?

Just now, shefcanary said:

They are only flowers Shef, don't be worried

Just now, Crabbycanary3 said:

The only time Mrs K-I-O wouldn't mind if  you hug a Wendy, KIO I presume?

😂😂😂 If Forest score I’ll be hugging everyone in sight!

20 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Behind the settee is best.

a sort of (broad) casting couch 😁

A Reading win will pile the pressure on Wigan to get a result :classic_biggrin:

Spoke too soon 😂

Edited by Yellow Fever

22 minutes ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

I'm watching on the wireless

Ref steps in again

23 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Refs are so inconsistent in this league. Yellow card forByron but not for Fleck.

And that red card wasn't a red. Dear oh dear

6 minutes ago, sonyc said:

In retrospect you could be right Bill. We need to get the result tonight though. It would give such motivation for Stoke away.

That's the measure of it.

The only team that can stop us taking the title is us.

For Sheff Utd to over haul us would require us to lose three out of four games with them winning all four of theirs - so this game is not really of that great importance.

Assume games against Villa by both us and Leeds end the same then two wins v Stoke, Blackburn and Weds guarantees the title.

That's where our real focus lies.