Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Today's Games - Good Friday!

I expected a better Forest performance. But O 'Neil appeared to have put out a defensive team with no pace 

Sheff Utd getting closer- I believe we have got a harder run in than Leeds/Sheff Utd - anyone agree ??

Referees have cetainly seemingly decided they want a bigger say in this promotion race these past couple of weeks...

1 minute ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

But Forest were doing ok before the red card sonyc. It's just what football fans do not want, Ref's influencing games.

4 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Just let us win tonight Wednesday....if we dont go up it means Sheff Utd have....surely you dont want to live and work with them gloating in your city for the next year!?!

Squeaky bum time !!!!!  It annoying Sheff Utd winning but hope there no gloating anyway -city win and keeps the interest going 

1 minute ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

But Forest were doing ok before the red card sonyc. It's just what football fans do not want, Ref's influencing games.

Pele doping around with it in midfield and getting dispossessed was what influenced the game. There might not have been contact with McGoldrick but there was intent so it was a foul and I reckon he would have got a shot off, so it was a goalscoring opportunity. I can see why the ref gave the card. 

As long as we get 3 points, nothing changes below. Going into the last 3 games 7 points clear of 3rd again will do just fine

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fuzzar said:

Pele doping around with it in midfield and getting dispossessed was what influenced the game. There might not have been contact with McGoldrick but there was intent so it was a foul and I reckon he would have got a shot off, so it was a goalscoring opportunity. I can see why the ref gave the card. 

I have to agree , having seen it again...we would have shouted for it too! Let's win our game...which will be against tougher opposition than freaking Forest who were awful!

6 points from 4 games, three of which are against teams with nothing to play for. If we don't manage it we didn't deserve it. 

I believe we will. 100%

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Well b back said:

You have answered your own question - NOT SURE if the defender could have got there - therefore no red card as there needs to be no doubt.

It wasn't a question. I can see why he gave it. 

Of course we would have shouted for a red, but it doesn't mean it was the right decision. Even the neutrals are questioning it.

It has always been about what we do.

10 minutes ago, AJ said:

As long as we get 3 points, nothing changes below. Going into the last 3 games 7 points clear of 3rd again will do just fine

Win tonight and we only have to match Sheffield's worst result from their last three? 

We’ll be absolutely fine folks 👍

Would LOVE a Leeds loss now, how bloody amazing would that be! 😍

C’mon Wigan!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ROBFLECK said:

Wouldn't mind Leeds slipping up now...

Not a chance, Wigan are Jekyll and Hide compared to home and away. Besides Leeds wont be happy sitting on the same points as Sheff. Utd. We have to get promotion and even Champions the hard way, by being the best and most consistent, that means over 46 games, not 42.

1 minute ago, Essjayess said:

Not a chance, Wigan are Jekyll and Hide compared to home and away. Besides Leeds wont be happy sitting on the same points as Sheff. Utd. We have to get promotion and even Champions the hard way, by being the best and most consistent, that means over 46 games, not 42.

I agree...but in this division...you never know 😉

1 minute ago, Essjayess said:

Well, to a point Essayjess, not withstanding the first 6 games, and hopefully the last 2 😉 

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

Maybe Leeds' worst result too if Wigan perform a minor miracle this afternoon. 

Wigan is pure crap away !

We must at least not loose today as I hope Hull to stop Sheff Utd on Monday they are 12 games without deffeat at home !

Come on and support the boys today and dont be nervous as team will become too.

Sky make fixture to added more pressure on us also next weekend play so late after all ... 

OTBC 

Wigan are capable, but have shown little away from home - perhaps today is the day on the back of their decent showing at the weekend.

Blades v Forest always looked a home banker, for me their biggie was always Hull  on Monday.  Win tonight and match (or better) what they do there and we’re up.

It's Leeds' turn for a red card today.  I expect a very different Wigan from the 'Away Form Wigan' we have seen so far this season.  Their manager is no mug.  Wigan will be tight at the back and attack with pace and will pick the moment when to pressurise.  Leeds won't expect it, and if Leeds fail to score in the first half hour, the crowd will get restless. 

It is that attacking and pace and pressure from Wigan which will lead to Leeds' red card.

My predicition - Leeds 1 - 2 Wigan (Leeds to finish the game with 10 (possibly 9))

Edited by norfolkbroadslim
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1