Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

So Worthy's better than Ferguson then

Well, that''s what it looks like based on some posts I''ve seen - "Give Worthington a Chance" to name but one.

Let''s compare records then -

Ferguson -

History - numerous Premiership titles and FA cups wins and finals. Hardly ever outside the top 3 in the Premiership, in Europe for the last 11 years, European Champions + the odd League Cup win here and there. Currently 2nd in the Premiership, still in the League Cup and still in the FA Cup.

Current - a poor run of results in Europe and everyone thinks he should get the sack.

Worthington -

History - one play off final (which we lost), one Championship title, one relegation and another one looming. Hardly ever past the 3rd Round of the FA Cup or League Cup.

Current - 13 wins from 60 odd games and some people think he shouldn''t be sacked or that he should be given another chance.

I mean, let''s get things into perspective here boys.

[quote user="Making Plans"]

Well, that''s what it looks like based on some posts I''ve seen - "Give Worthington a Chance" to name but one.

Let''s compare records then -

[/quote]
Lets not forget that fergy gets about 20 to 25 millon pounds to spend every season worthy gets about 1/2 millon if he is lucky , Man utd can attract just about any player they fancy Norwich struggle to attract champoinship level players, so with more money to spend and with the pulling power of Man utd meaning better quality players in your team how can you compare the 2 managers? .

I think you''ve missed the point Barclayendboy. Surely, despite all the money etc, you must agree that Ferguson is a better Manager than Worthy. What''s more I don''t recall that Ferguson had loads of money to spend when he was at Aberdeen.

The point I was trying to make, irrespective of the relative wealth or position of the actual clubs, was that if, as I believe it now is, that the overwhelming feeling of United supporters is that it''s time for Ferguson to go, how can any Norwich supporter seriously justify that Worthington keeps his job. 

Besides, on a like for like basis, Worthy has had arguably more money and better players than most Championship clubs just as Ferguson has had more money and better players than most Premiership clubs. The problem I have with Worthy is that he has not used these resources to best effect whilst on the other hand, Ferguson obviously has. That''s why United are 2nd and we''re 18th.

Lets also not forget that while Ferguson is spending millions of pounds, the Chelseas, Benficas, Liverpools of this world, against whom he is competing spend the same, or more. While worthington, spending only a fraction of that amount, still spends more than Sheffield Wed, Watford, QPR, Luton, Coventry, Millwall etc etc put together.. put it in its proper context.