Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

A word for Curo

I know we're all wrapped up in our promotion battle bubble at the moment, but thought it was worth sparing a minute for Jamie Jamie Jamie Jamie Cureton.

Making his 1000th appearance this weekend, with a career average better than 1 goal every 3 apps is an unbelievable career.

Currently 43 years old, top scorer in the Bostik Premier Division with 20 goals as player manager of promotion chasing Bishops Stortford.

Incredible achievement to still be playing to that standard (currently 3rd tier of non-league) at his age, particularly when he's still doing the business (see vid below)

He's always been one of our own, and is city through and through. Congrats Curo.

Edited by kick it off
  • Like 1

I met him in my local gym a year or so ago. He approached me to ask about my Norwich shirt. We agreed that there was no point in trying to get my kids to support the local clubs when they could be canaries. He came across as a really nice fella. 

With his experience through all the leagues, including the many moves, disappointments and moments of success he has tasted, he may have a good managerial career ahead of him.

I for one wish him all the best of luck and it is superb seeing someone of his age playing competitive football still.

A real life Peter Pan.

Massive achievement, congratulations to him. Interesting to hear his thoughts regarding his second spell at city not working out as well as he'd hoped. Can't have been fun playing for so many different managers in a relatively short spell. 

• Like 1